Hail, Britannia

Yeah that’s more or less my thinking. So if we assume Crown Prince Wilhelmina abdicates his headship of the Hohenzollerns, his son Louis Ferdinand is crowned King in 1949. Then his son Louis Ferdinand II after him, and then Georg Fredrich as the current king.

It is also possible that Louis Ferdinand's eldest son, Friedrich Wilhelm, could succeed him, with a different marriage or a change in the succession law.

We could reasonably assume that Wilhelm could abdicate his headship of the House, considering how OTL he withdrew from political/monarchical activities after the Night of the Long Knives/Röhm Purge and he'd later leave Potsdam for Oberstdorf for a treatment of his gall and liver problems. He may deduce that it would be better for the people to have someone younger and in healthier shape, and may even feel regret for having supported Hitler prior to his coming to power.

And yeah, since we're dealing with alternate successions, Friedrich Wilhelm could reasonably end up having a different first marriage after his father becomes king, considering that said marriage happened in the 60s. Similarly, Ludwig Hermann Alexander Chlodwig King of Hesse could also possibly have an heir after becoming King unlike OTL, though that does mean, unless another method is taken, the houses of Hesse-Darmstadt and Hesse-Kassel remain divided.

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor
What's Pokémon like ITTL?

Not sure TBH, probably much as OTL.

It is also possible that Louis Ferdinand's eldest son, Friedrich Wilhelm, could succeed him, with a different marriage or a change in the succession law.
We could reasonably assume that Wilhelm could abdicate his headship of the House, considering how OTL he withdrew from political/monarchical activities after the Night of the Long Knives/Röhm Purge and he'd later leave Potsdam for Oberstdorf for a treatment of his gall and liver problems. He may deduce that it would be better for the people to have someone younger and in healthier shape, and may even feel regret for having supported Hitler prior to his coming to power.

And yeah, since we're dealing with alternate successions, Friedrich Wilhelm could reasonably end up having a different first marriage after his father becomes king, considering that said marriage happened in the 60s. Similarly, Ludwig Hermann Alexander Chlodwig King of Hesse could also possibly have an heir after becoming King unlike OTL, though that does mean, unless another method is taken, the houses of Hesse-Darmstadt and Hesse-Kassel remain divided.

Indeed there are many possible changes to the succession in Brandenburg. I think Hesse will probably stay as OTL as it unites the two Hesse houses, but Ludwig Hermann Alexander probably "adopts" his heir Moritz to exclude the latter's father who had pro-Nazi sympathies.

I might go a route with Friedrich Wilhelm... We shall see :)

I thought it would be Southern Missouri? North is more Scandinavian

Minnesota and parts of Dakota are Scandinavian yes, but along the upper Missouri River there are large German speaking populations. These are particularly prevalent in Dakota, Montana and Wyoming, but also spill into the Canadian Prairies.

Since Venice still exists ITTL does that mean Napoleon never conquered it and that it continues to have the same model of government as it did OTL?
I've been thinking about that a lot actually. It would be pretty cool if the HOS was called the Doge still.

Unfortunately the Republic still fell to Napoleon, but the modern state is considered a successor/continuation. The modern Venetian Republic is a parliamentary republic with the Doge as a ceremonial head of state (equivalent to the OTL German President), and a Prime Minister as the head of government, who wields de facto power.

With no unified Italian state, Austrian Venetia survives into the 20th century, although Lombardy was still lost to the Savoy domains. The province gains independence from the collapsing Habsburg Empire after the First World War and becomes an independent republic, although briefly occupied by the Axis during the Second World War (an occupation more akin to Denmark than France), the country is restored post-war and joins the EU in 1995.

A united Germany being partitioned into its constituent states. Well, that’s unique.

Out of curiosity, why are republican heads of state known as “Presidents”? IOTL, that title has a great deal to do with the US making its head of state “President” and the idolization of the US by revolutionaries and republicans in the nineteenth century.

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor
A united Germany being partitioned into its constituent states. Well, that’s unique.

Thank you :) I was inspired by the OTL Roosevelt Plan which ITTL is followed due to the Allies occupying all of Germany east of Oder-Neisse.

Out of curiosity, why are republican heads of state known as “Presidents”? IOTL, that title has a great deal to do with the US making its head of state “President” and the idolization of the US by revolutionaries and republicans in the nineteenth century.

Hmm... This is slightly tricky to explain.

I would imagine that the term traces its origins to the "Lord President" of the Commonwealth period. And also to titles like "President of the Government" or "President of the Council of Ministers" etc. rather than a single revolutionary republican presidency like OTL USA. Texas would probably be the first nation to use the term in any context approaching OTL, with the establishment of an executive presidency separate to, and largely independent of, the legislature. Most revolutionary governments in the early 19th century (particularly Latin America) established monarchies or parliamentary centred republics with a presidency more similar to OTL South Africa than any sort of American-style presidential republic.

ITTL, were the Romanovs still killed by the Soviets? Or due to the existence of Britain-in-America, was the King able to rescue them and send them to exile there instead?

I would imagine that the term traces its origins to the "Lord President" of the Commonwealth period. And also to titles like "President of the Government" or "President of the Council of Ministers" etc. rather than a single revolutionary republican presidency like OTL USA. Texas would probably be the first nation to use the term in any context approaching OTL, with the establishment of an executive presidency separate to, and largely independent of, the legislature. Most revolutionary governments in the early 19th century (particularly Latin America) established monarchies or parliamentary centred republics with a presidency more similar to OTL South Africa than any sort of American-style presidential republic.

Interesting. So, it’s sort of like how leaders with the title of “Chairman” became the head of so many communist states - the title originally referred to the president of an executive council, but eventually the end part referring to the executive council was forgotten in common parlance.

Thank you :) I was inspired by the OTL Roosevelt Plan which ITTL is followed due to the Allies occupying all of Germany east of Oder-Neisse.

There is of course a British Ministerial office called Lord President of the Council to this day..

This is absolutely fantastic. I had to sign up just to comment on it.

To the above few comments, President was used for various high state officials, but the US was the first for establishing it as a Republican Head of State. In the early US history, the Title of President also was called Chief Magistrate, so perhaps that could be used instead, or High Magistrate of the Republic of Texas (It does sound nice, Don't you think?)

I love your Republic of China flag, and your mention the Anglo-Japanese Alliance (I wrote about it for my History dissertation). And some of the other flags are superb.

But anywho, I have a few comments and suggestions if I may be able to add :)

1A. How would WW1 have start in this timeline without a united Germany and it's heavy Prussian influence? Granted the Franco-Prussian of 1870 was between the largest state in Germany at the time and France, but without the heavy influence of Germany, should it be as similar to OTL?
1B. following on, how would Nazi Germany have come to power? It was only due to the specific events and actions that occurred that allowed the Nazis to gain power. But without those specific situations, they would have never come to fold, even in althistory (this video is a pretty good example:
)

2: Does the UKE have a full NHS system, or various Universal Healthcare systems throughout the Britannic Empire, with an oversight ministry in the Imperial Government, allowing the dominions, kingdoms, and provinces some independence on it but have specific guidelines?

3: What is the Education system like? Is it based on the UK system, the US, or a bit of both?
If I was to give my personal opinion on it, could I suggest both?
For example:

Infant School: Day Care and Kindergarten - Ages 3 - 4
Primary/ Elementary School: Years 1 to 5 - Ages 5 to 9
Middle School: Years 6 to 8 - Ages 10 to 12
High School: Years 9 to 13 - Ages (14-16*) - (16-18**)

*14 to 16 Lower High School GCSEs
** 16 to 18 Upper High School/6th Form A Levels.

The way I would assume the education to work is most subjects are taught until you reach 14, this is where you start selecting what topics you do, alongside the basics; perhaps 8 or 9 in total (akin to GCSEs).
Then at 16, just like in the UK, you do A levels until 18, choosing 3-4 subjects of the student's choice.

4. What would the rank insignias of the armed forces and Emergency services look like?

Last edited:
More likely to follow the UK system.

Nursery 3-5 (depending child's birth compared to school year)
Primary School - Year R/Reception, Year 1 - Year 6, 5-11 (Overlapping years due to the average age of the student at the beginning and end of school set)
Secondary/High School - Year 7-11, 11-16
College - Year 12-13/ A-Levels, 16-17
University/ Tertiary Education - Degree/Master/Doctorate/PhD 17+

Please do note there are schools called 6 forms which combine Secondary and College in the same building/site, along with other institutions which combine primary with secondary, primary + secondary + college and college + university (the university parts called adult colleges).

Also after Secondary any student may go straight into an apprenticeship or it to the work force.

How would WW1 have start in this timeline without a united Germany and it's heavy Prussian influence?
Uhhh, according to this, ITTL German history is pretty much identical to OTL until the end of WW2. The reason why Germany is divided now is because the Soviet Union finished WW2 in a weaker position than OTL, which meant the Allies didn't feel the need to put Germany back together.

More likely to follow the UK system.

Nursery 3-5 (depending child's birth compared to school year)
Primary School - Year R/Reception, Year 1 - Year 6, 5-11 (Overlapping years due to the average age of the student at the beginning and end of school set)
Secondary/High School - Year 7-11, 11-16
College - Year 12-13/ A-Levels, 16-17
University/ Tertiary Education - Degree/Master/Doctorate/PhD 17+

Please do note there are schools called 6 forms which combine Secondary and College in the same building/site, along with other institutions which combine primary with secondary, primary + secondary + college and college + university (the university parts called adult colleges).

Also after Secondary any student may go straight into an apprenticeship or it to the work force.

I do know this, I live in the UK.
I was just compromising based on ages and how the child develops. I personally think 6th form should start at 14.
And 14 would also be when school uniforms are no longer needed, within a 6th form college.

Last edited:
Uhhh, according to this, ITTL German history is pretty much identical to OTL until the end of WW2. The reason why Germany is divided now is because the Soviet Union finished WW2 in a weaker position than OTL, which meant the Allies didn't feel the need to put Germany back together.

I still find this rather implausible, due to the complete alteration of the time line, leading to so many drastic changes. Especially without Napoleon Bonaparte who united the majority of the German states from the smaller one of the HRE.

I do know this, I live in the UK.
I was just compromising based on ages and how the child develops. I personally think 6th form should start at 14.
And 14 would also be when school uniforms are no longer needed, within a 6th form college.
I was saying I think it would be based on the UK system, and explained what the system is to show the differences between your system and the actual UK system.

I wasn’t saying you didn’t know the UK system, considering you merged the UK and USA into one in your post it is clear you do.