TL-191: Featherston's Finest - Uniforms, Weapons, and Vehicles of the CSA and Freedom Party

An almost-complete miniature of a Confederate Army soldier. I still need to fix some of the paint, put highlights on the gun, and add the decals on the jacket.

naLjugY.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! So, what's part of this model here? What's the gun? Looks promising so far.

Almost all of it is the standard Tamiya US Army soldier that comes with the M41. I added two pouches to the front from a Dreamforce Games bits sprue.

The gun is a cut-down M1 Carbine, with a grip from an MG-42 and an extended magazine that’s just a piece of plastic I cut into shape. I then made a cast of this and recast it in epoxy putty, so I can make multiple copies of the same gun with ease.

Almost all of it is the standard Tamiya US Army soldier that comes with the M41. I added two pouches to the front from a Dreamforce Games bits sprue.

The gun is a cut-down M1 Carbine, with a grip from an MG-42 and an extended magazine that’s just a piece of plastic I cut into shape. I then made a cast of this and recast it in epoxy putty, so I can make multiple copies of the same gun with ease.

Nice!! So the gun is the M1 carbine with an MG-42-like grip and an extended magazine? I think @cortz#9 would be interested in a design like that! I do like your model there! Looks really similar to the picture below here!

The gun is the experimental US M2 Hyde.

Nice!! So the gun is the M1 carbine with an MG-42-like grip and an extended magazine? I think @cortz#9 would be interested in a design like that! I do like your model there! Looks really similar to the picture below here!

The gun is the experimental US M2 Hyde.
Here's my first take on the M2 Hyde. I'm open to suggestions for improving the design rvbomally.

_TL-191_M1 Car.jpg

First take on a paratrooper version of the Gris.

View attachment 448089

Nice! This one looks good too! I know the grip and stock are probably from an AK line of guns, but the look itself kinda reminds me of the Ruger-Mini 14 in a way. A rough comparison of course.

This would certainly make an already stable and handy gun even more portable for the Confederates! Seems like the Yankees can't catch a break in the firepower department :)

So here's a new topic. What kind of artillery do you guys think the Confederates would be rolling with? You think they'd have the Yankees outgunned in this department? What calibers and such?

The CS wouldn't out gun the US, they don't have the industry to do so. As for what types of guns, French and British designs I imagine and I would think they'd use the same calibers as the US so they could use captured ammo.

The CS wouldn't out gun the US, they don't have the industry to do so. As for what types of guns, French and British designs I imagine and I would think they'd use the same calibers as the US so they could use captured ammo.

Yes, and no doubt that Featherston, as an artilleryman himself, would be absolutely livid at the fact his guns can't match the Yankees.

I can almost see that as a purposeful design feature in Confederate artillery - making sure the gun calibers match that of the Yankees just in case they take some of their shells and guns as prizes. Though it would probably be easier to just use the captured Yankee guns themselves to use their shells. If the Confederacy is truly limited in industry then looting and reusing captured equipment would be somewhat of a acceptable thing. In OTL the Germans used captured equipment like crazy. While a good chunk was used for second line duties and anti-parisan operations away from the front, a good portion of that material also found use on the front lines too. I think even in Normandy during the battles in the hedgerows the Germans used captured French Hotchkiss tanks to fight the Allies with.

Point being, while it would definitely play hell in Confederate logistics, the Confederate Army may use captured equipment. This includes Yankee artillery if they can get their hands on any.

By French and British guns, you mean like the British 18 per. or 25 per. guns right? Or models that would be roughly similar or even copied from the British or French?