Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

Important things revealed in the comments:
Chen is most likely to succeed Lu Rongting in the hands of the AI.
The Liangguang/Austria-Hungary dev promises to try to put in some form of easter egg for the Danubian Federation/United States of Greater Austria co-existing with United Provinces-united China.
The Liangguang Progress Report is probably the first progress report on the China rework featuring a path leading to genuine democracy - and the way the conversation was phrased, it sounds like only one of Liangguang's paths lead there, so it sounds worryingly like either the United Provinces or Chen Mingshu's Minquan ideals and promotion of local democracy will fall short of hopes.

I really enjoy the style of the whole China rework; the increased focus on event chains, the complex politics, the role of foreign influence. It's a clusterf**k of a civil war and I love it. I think a multiplayer effort to rebuild the KMT (both the rightists and the leftists) and then the conflict between the different factions as they attempt to unify china under their own vision will be a hell of a lot of fun.
Edit: Now I don't know whether to play Yunnan or Liangguang first. Decisions decisions.

Last edited:
I might wait on UPROC until I hear if it can work out - it'd be kind of a fun mirror to have a world where the USA might move away from being a functional democratic federal republic (not too unlikely; the Civil War averted obviously can't happen if I'm playing a Chinese country*, and once things reach that point a lot of the outcomes fail the democratic requirement, or in one case at least the federal bit) while China becomes one.

*Unless I alter the event files, of course.

For those who are interested in the American Election Game: would you all prefer a 1932 start or a standard 1936 start date?

I really do want to try UPOC, it sounds like Hard Mode on the level of liberal democracy Russia, but if I can bring democracy and equality to warlord-ravaged China, it's worth it.

I really do want to try UPOC, it sounds like Hard Mode on the level of liberal democracy Russia, but if I can bring democracy and equality to warlord-ravaged China, it's worth it.
True. It's interesting and kind of a bright spot to see at least one faction attempting to bring true democracy in a hotbed of corruption and warlord cults of personality.

True. It's interesting and kind of a bright spot to see at least one faction attempting to bring true democracy in a hotbed of corruption and warlord cults of personality.
Yeah, and it's a damn shame that the left-KMT route may have been implied to be impossible to complete. :( At least we have one good option.

Yeah, and it's a damn shame that the left-KMT route may have been implied to be impossible to complete. :( At least we have one good option.

There is stated to be at least one totalist (nation) and one(?) rad soc route. I could be wrong but is it possible that they're different options of the same thing?

Well, honestly, the way I've been reading it what was implied is that either the UPC or left-KMT will be impossible to complete (to the point of a genuinely democratic China). We know that there's at least one good option in Liangguang, we just don't know which one it is. And in a brighter spot, it is possible the dev wasn't speaking exactly literally when he said "one path [in Liangguang] out of, like, two [in China]"; he did indicate he isn't supposed to say too much on the KMT, and we don't know how he defined genuinely democratic.

There is stated to be at least one totalist (nation) and one(?) rad soc route. I could be wrong but is it possible that they're different options of the same thing?
honestly, totalist seems a bit of a stretch and too similar to the OTL PRC (I mean, Mao wasn't even that different from KR Mosley, when you get right down to it n the nuts and bolts of ideology), but the radsoc one sounds interesting...

honestly, totalist seems a bit of a stretch and too similar to the OTL PRC (I mean, Mao wasn't even that different from KR Mosley, when you get right down to it n the nuts and bolts of ideology), but the radsoc one sounds interesting...

I recall it being specifically stated that the most left that CHINA can go is radsoc, which to me means the KMT. BUT, there is at least one totalist nation option in China that preumably cannot unite it. I think Jingwe is more likely to just go Authoritarian democrat or Pataut if he's not what he's made up to be, but I think it likely that KMT can form a leftist China.

How do you guys think Mosley would be viewed in the future, if he manages to become Grand Protector through legal means, helps the Internationale win the 2nd Weltkrieg, and steps down after the war is over? I think people would see him as a good leader, but they would be divided on the necessity of his actions.

Last edited:
How do you guys think Mosley would be viewed in the future, if he manages to become Grand Protector through legal means, helps the Internationale win the 2nd Weltkrieg, and steps down after the war is over? I think people would see him as a good leader, but they would be on the necessity of his actions.
Ironically enough...probably something like Churchill.

So I went through the Kaiserreich timeline (Christ that thing is tedious) and compiled the events that directly correlate and matter to the US here (go to the other tl for actual detail on the events. I didn't want to copy/paste it all). Is there anything I missed or should add?

Personally I hope that you can restore the Bourbon throne as Spain without relying on the Carlists in the rework; fulfilling the dream of Louis XIV always seemed to me to be one of the most ridiculously, hilariously monarchist things you could do in the mod and I love it for the camp.