The NextGen OTL Worlda Series

March 5th, 2019:
- Added updated 1500, 1550 maps
- Major revisions to Southeast Asia and India for maps 1250 through 1444.
- NCS: Moved Chagatai to "minor mongolia" instead of "uzbek". Considering adding more colors for Central Asia later on, particularly a secondary and tertiary Uzbek color.

March 5th, 2019:
- Added updated 1500, 1550 maps
- Major revisions to Southeast Asia and India for maps 1250 through 1444.
- NCS: Moved Chagatai to "minor mongolia" instead of "uzbek". Considering adding more colors for Central Asia later on, particularly a secondary and tertiary Uzbek color.
Don't most maps on this thread use the Turkmen colour for Khwarezm/"Khiva"? That's not quite correct, so a secondary Uzbek colour would be very useful for that. A tertiary colour could be used for Kokand.

The Five "Civilized" Tribes (1820)
Made a quick little map patch:
upload_2019-3-8_15-41-29.png

the Five "Civilized" Tribes
(Based off of this map and the lines are dotted because I love the aesthetic)​

ST15RM

Banned
Hey @hadaril I've decided to take some burden off your back:
upload_2019-3-8_21-24-38.png

I am starting on the ancient maps!

EDIT: Changed Chinese coastline to match pre 2278 BCE coastline (also I would suggest adopting BCE and CE since BC and AD have more religious contexts)

Last edited:

ST15RM

Banned
Oh thank god, I was dreading doing the ancient maps. Great work thus far!
Yea, things can get... iffy during this time. For example, Sumer, Harrapa and Norte Chico have the vaguest borders. And it’s also hard to tell if it’s more of a culture and a civilization. But I digress. I’ll be doing 2500 BCE next.

March 9th, 2019:
- NCS Added colors
* Marwar, West India
* Secondary Central India
* Tertiary Central India
* Gondwanan State(s)

* Secondary Uzbeks, Khwarezm
* Tertiary Uzbeks, Kokand
* Siberia, Northern Steppe People

* Ghana
* Secondary Congo
* Tertiary Congo, Central African Republic
* Uganda

- Updated all 4.0 maps to the new colors.

Also, just a quick reminder to anyone adding maps, make sure you're using the current base map! If it has "Version 4.0" at the bottom left, it's the right one!
Although the base map itself hasn't changed in a year, making sure the version number is means I don't have to update that bottom left corner :p

March 10th, 2019
- Added 4.0 versions of:

As of now, there only remain five (!) more maps that need to be updated to 4.0: 1806, 1812, 1815, 1848, and 1861. The latter two only need central asia fixes. In short, thanks to @LSCatilina's resources, the 4.0 maps are almost finally done.

March 10th, 2019
- Added 4.0 versions of:

As of now, there only remain five (!) more maps that need to be updated to 4.0: 1806, 1812, 1815, 1848, and 1861. The latter two only need central asia fixes. In short, thanks to @LSCatilina's resources, the 4.0 maps are almost finally done.
wait what didn't you cancel 4.0

wait what didn't you cancel 4.0

4.0 is what I'm calling all the maps that I've gone back and revised using better sources for South/Central/South East Asia and Africa. It doesn't use a new worlda, but it's a comprehensive revision nevertheless. Thus far, every map up to 1803 has been updated over the past few months. It should be the final full-blown update the existing maps need.

After this it'll just be adding more years to 4.0.

4.0 is what I'm calling all the maps that I've gone back and revised using better sources for South/Central/South East Asia and Africa. It doesn't use a new worlda, but it's a comprehensive revision nevertheless. Thus far, every map up to 1803 has been updated over the past few months. It should be the final full-blown update the existing maps need.

After this it'll just be adding more years to 4.0.

We can't have a HRE-boo with free time. I'm going to steal ALL of the greenhouse fuel in the universe, go back in time to 1AD and burn it. Have fun redrawing the base map(s).