Status
Not open for further replies.
as of 2018, London itself (the area under the control of the Government of Greater London) has a population of 17.7 million.

How far out does Greater London extend? Does it absorb other nearby urban areas like Reading, Farnborough/Aldershot, Southend, Luton and the Medway?

as of 2018, London itself (the area under the control of the Government of Greater London) has a population of 17.7 million.

Nearly 18 million. Oh boy, with London traffic that must be a fun commute.

Which are the other really large cities in the commonwealth (Other than Boston and Brooklyn of course).

So, since you’re on the topic of the British Isles now, I’d like to ask; what does the Irish Diaspora look like in this world? Given the tensions between Ireland and Britain, I guess that the Irish would be less likely to emigrate to the Commonwealth.

Argentina, of course, would like the islands back. But considering the Commonwealth did, in fact, drop more ordinance on them than all other wars in the 1980s combined, I don't think they will attempt another grab at it.
Why would Argentina attempt an invasion in the first place? After all, Britain is far stronger than IOTL.

Why would Argentina attempt an invasion in the first place? After all, Britain is far stronger than IOTL.

Budget cuts maybe? I mean small countries have tried messing with superpowers before if said superpower is in economic crisis and has been cutting the military budget. Maybe the commonwealth as a whole had been in a worse economic recession and the sitting government seemed less likely to intervene? Since Thatcherism isn't a thing in OFC, a Liberal or Labour gov that seems more "anti-colonial" could make the Argentines more confident in their chances?

And here goes 2004!

Remembering that it's in New England (Come on me...) Paramount has renamed the Flying Scooters that were to be named the American Flyers to the New England Flyers. And people notice B&M representatives at the park!

2005: Thunder n' Lightning, an S&S Scream and Swing to go in Thunder River.
Because I want most control over the new coaster, I'm going to a Roller Coaster discord that I am part of for the new B&M. You will find out what the stats are next week!

Europe: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
v8P9lsk.png

0xYG9F3.png

First of all, wonderful job on this update. You’re pretty much the reason why I became a frequent visitor on AH.com! ❤️

Also, is this Heathrow attack the 9/11 of this timeline? 1428 deaths and counting in Heathrow vs. 2,996 during 9/11

Those are some incompetent bombers then-you usually want the bomb to go off when the plane is en route, not when it's in the process of landing.:biggrin:
Yeah, but seeing that the Heathrow bombing claimed 836 deaths and the plane bombing itself only claimed 592 deaths imma go out on a limb here and guess the bombing of the plane was part of a larger attack on the airport itself ergo that's the reason why the IRA didn't opt for a mid-flight explosion.

Kanan:

EDIT: Also, is Scottish nationalism not really a thing ITTL?

EDIT 2: Also also, what are the territories of the UK, and why have some of those crown colonies remained so, when they are independent IOTL?

Last edited:
Did the Conservatives collapse or something? Because I saw the current Head of the Opposition switched parties.

The Conservatives have not been a major party since the 1950s.

One person surviving an airliner disintegrating in mid-air is incredible enough. 19 is simply improbable.

The airplane was landing. The detonation was done by someone on the ground, when it came into range. The plane exploded, and part of it smashed into the terminal, causing the ground deaths. The 19 that survived are those that were in the section of the aircraft that was flung to the side and not into the terminal.

First of all, wonderful job on this update. You’re pretty much the reason why I became a frequent visitor on AH.com! ❤️

Also, is this Heathrow attack the 9/11 of this timeline? 1428 deaths and counting in Heathrow vs. 2,996 during 9/11

Thank you! I am so glad!

And I guess you could call it that? It's just the flareup of the Troubles, which have been ongoing for a very long time.

Kanan:

EDIT: Also, is Scottish nationalism not really a thing ITTL?

EDIT 2: Also also, what are the territories of the UK, and why have some of those crown colonies remained so, when they are independent IOTL?

Scottish nationalism is a thing, but the last SNP MP, Alex Salmond, lost his seat in a by-election.

The territories of the United Kingdom are:
* Gibraltar (1 MP)
* Jersey & Guernsy [and other islands] (2 MPs)
* Isle of Man (1 MP)

The crown colonies remained because the Empire never disintegrated, it slowly faded into the Commonwealth. The areas that remain are fiercely British.

Status
Not open for further replies.