Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

I love the Auburn-Opelika area, but how the heck did Opelika end up the capital?

In my maps, Opelika is one of my go-to choices for a southern capital. It's on the Alabama/Georgia line dividing east and west, so you can make a federal district easily.

Though I suppose you can say the same about many cities: Savannah, Vicksburg, Texarkana... (Or for the north... Youngstown, Richmond [Indiana], Terre Haute, any of the Quad Cities.)

...Now I kinda want to make a map with dueling Richmond capitols.

I know there's been a fair amount of discussion about the current round; who all expects to have a map ready in the next couple days?

I know there's been a fair amount of discussion about the current round; who all expects to have a map ready in the next couple days?

I can't promise when I'll be done : I'm going to have a very busy week and weekend, so I don't know when the final product will be ready (painting is like the hardest thing for me)

Props to @SpazzReflex for getting a map in - however, with just the one entry so far, I am going to extend this round by a week. New threads will now be posted on the Sunday, March 17th.

Last edited:
Guys, do you have any good pic hosting site, because the website doesn't accept my picture and I'd be really annoyed if I couldn't post it or I'd have to shrink it.

Guys, do you have any good pic hosting site, because the website doesn't accept my picture and I'd be really annoyed if I couldn't post it or I'd have to shrink it.

Imgur, deviantart if you want all your maps in the same place. Direct link them here. Never host on ah.com, it's way too restrictive.

I love it! You do have a thing for nuns pulling through to help out their communities.

Well I'm Christian and I'm really hoping that it turns out to happen more in the future, so that's one of my alternate history tropes ^^"

By the way, I must say I adore your Cyberafghanistan too, I really find this idea of communist network of planning really interesting, and very likely too. Also, I was wondering, what's the other Internetless country ?

Well I'm Christian and I'm really hoping that it turns out to happen more in the future, so that's one of my alternate history tropes ^^"

By the way, I must say I adore your Cyberafghanistan too, I really find this idea of communist network of planning really interesting, and very likely too. Also, I was wondering, what's the other Internetless country ?
I've met a lot of Christian's whose faith is in their works, it's so wonderful! Stateside there's a growing movement for it.

North Korea managed to hold out a little longer than OTL, but by the 2019 the country had mobile internet services.

Just to be clear, the succession crisis doesn't necessarily have to happen over a monarch title, it can happen as a crisis after the death of a dictator, an autocrat right?

Can it be used to show political crisis after some democratically elected leader that held its position for a long time dies/is defeated/retires?