2018 Presidential Election

g990RZB.png

PAPAL CONCLAVE 2019

CONCLAVE CONVENES, NO POPE ELECTED IN DAY'S ONLY BALLOT

OOC: Yes, I got tired of not having a graphic for NBS now that we're out of regular election coverage. Using NBC's election logos as a guide, I basically just took the "NBS" part that is in the logo here and recreated it as the station's primary logo.

OOC: Yes, I got tired of not having a graphic for NBS now that we're out of regular election coverage. Using NBC's election logos as a guide, I basically just took the "NBS" part that is in the logo here and recreated it as the station's primary logo.
I have a pretty good doubt it will be Kapoor. But we'll see how long this conclave lasts. Average modern conclaves last about five to seven ballots.

4). John has been the most commonly selected name by popes-elect, having been used 23 times. John is followed by Gregory, which has been used 16 times, and then Benedict, at 15. Clement (14), Innocent (13), Leo (13), and Pius (12) are other favorites, although Innocent and Pius will likely never make a comeback.

There have been five popes named Sixtus. However, we have yet to have Pope Sixtus iV.

On a serious note, why do you consider Innocent and Pius unlikely? I know Pius XII has come under wide criticism for his actions, or lack thereof, during World War 2. But what about the name Innocent?

There have been five popes named Sixtus. However, we have yet to have Pope Sixtus iV.

On a serious note, why do you consider Innocent and Pius unlikely? I know Pius XII has come under wide criticism for his actions, or lack thereof, during World War 2. But what about the name Innocent?

Don't you mean, "Sixtus VI"? Some other names might include Dominus, Andrew, Philip, or Charles.

Since the Pope can be elected from any Roman Catholic (not just the Cardinals), why not consider someone completely outside of the Cardinals -- a Bishop or even (mind-blowing) a parish Priest with exemplary pastoral skills and training, someone whose parish or diocese is actually growing in membership and good will in their home country, and someone who has the favor of non-Catholics for his work with charity and building "community" with the secular world, with Protestants, Jews, and other faith groups...

There is a real world priest in Madagascar that you might model as an example. "Vincentian Missionary of the “garbage people” in Madagascar. Pedro Pablo Opeka (born June 29, 1948), known also as Padre Pedro or Father Pedro, is a Catholic priest from Argentina of Slovene descent, working as a missionary in Madagascar. He exemplifies a new type of missionary: not someone committed to converting and preaching,..."

Someone like this would really turn the Church in Rome into the missionary-focused Body of Christ that it was originally intended to be. (Forgive me if anyone finds this offensive; just my abstract thoughts as a pastor.)

Check out Fr. Pedro and his work with the disenfranchised and homeless in Madagascar.

Last edited:
Somehow I doubt the College of Cardinals will step outside the old boy’s network! It’s a nice suggestion & would exemplify the effort of the RC church to shake off its old ways! But not gonna happen as church politics will not allow it! Simply put the mother church is not capable of adopting a truly revolutionary stance, this father Pedro might go along & sell off the Church treasures & that is a risk the powers that be won’t entertain!

g990RZB.png

Tuesday, March 5th 2019

BREAKING: Zucker wins primary in Oregon's 4th

NBS has confirmed that party operative and children's rights activist Cody Zucker has won the Republican Party primary to become the party's nominee in the April 30th special election.

Zucker, who was relatively unknown to voters in the district before this run, has won a comfortable victory over state representative Dan Baxter and former state senator Leslie Carlisle with over 40 percent of the vote compared to Baxter's 30 percent and Carlisle's 25 percent. His unique positions, authenticity and strong campaign led to him slowly overcoming his rivals during the course of the primary. But his utter domination of last night's final candidate debate both made him the clear favorite and made waves in national news.

In a victory speech, he credited the hard work to his supporters, and to the campaign's new message. "We don't want the same kind of politics out of either Washington or this party," Zucker said, to cheers from supporters. "We know that every generation of Americans cares about our rights and ability to make choices. This includes our right to not have a future with a high national debt that will restrict our choices as a nation as well as our ability to prepare our country against climate change. Our party cannot move forward while it dismisses the concerns of anyone who was not alive during the Cuban Missile Crisis."

Zucker will face off against former lieutenant governor Callum Hinchcliffe, who easily won the Democratic primary over attorney Katie Sewall by 60 percentage-points. If he wins, at age 26, he will become the youngest member of the House of Representatives.

Results of the Republican Party Primary for the US House Special Election for the Fourth District
Cody Zucker: 41.25%

Dan Baxter: 32.87%
Leslie Carlisle: 25.88%

Results of the Democratic Party Primary for the US House Special Election for the Fourth District
Callum Hinchcliffe: 79.54%
Katie Sewall: 20.46%

Well, for one, Innocent hasn't been used as a name in almost 300 years, which meaning it probably wouldn't be the first choice for a pope trying to lead a church attempting to stay relevant in the modern era. As for Pius, I just can't imagine a pope-elect choosing it today.

g990RZB.png

Tuesday, March 5th 2019

BREAKING: Zucker wins primary in Oregon's 4th

NBS has confirmed that party operative and children's rights activist Cody Zucker has won the Republican Party primary to become the party's nominee in the April 30th special election.

Zucker, who was relatively unknown to voters in the district before this run, has won a comfortable victory over state representative Dan Baxter and former state senator Leslie Carlisle with over 40 percent of the vote compared to Baxter's 30 percent and Carlisle's 25 percent. His unique positions, authenticity and strong campaign led to him slowly overcoming his rivals during the course of the primary. But his utter domination of last night's final candidate debate both made him the clear favorite and made waves in national news.

In a victory speech, he credited the hard work to his supporters, and to the campaign's new message. "We don't want the same kind of politics out of either Washington or this party," Zucker said, to cheers from supporters. "We know that every generation of Americans cares about our rights and ability to make choices. This includes our right to not have a future with a high national debt that will restrict our choices as a nation as well as our ability to prepare our country against climate change. Our party cannot move forward while it dismisses the concerns of anyone who was not alive during the Cuban Missile Crisis."

Zucker will face off against former lieutenant governor Callum Hinchcliffe, who easily won the Democratic primary over attorney Katie Sewall by 60 percentage-points. If he wins, at age 26, he will become the youngest member of the House of Representatives.

Results of the Republican Party Primary for the US House Special Election for the Fourth District
Cody Zucker: 41.25%

Dan Baxter: 32.87%
Leslie Carlisle: 25.88%

Results of the Democratic Party Primary for the US House Special Election for the Fourth District
Callum Hinchcliffe: 79.54%

Katie Sewall: 20.46%
Toby is somewhere writing a lecture and feeling proud of Cody.

The new pope could use a novel name like John Peter, in honor of John XXIII who reformed the church during Vatican II & Peter, the first pope who built the church, the name John Peter would signify revolutionary change!

The new pope could use a novel name like John Peter, in honor of John XXIII who reformed the church during Vatican II & Peter, the first pope who built the church, the name John Peter would signify revolutionary change!
No Pope has ever taken the name Peter and never will for very good reasons