Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the standard genderfluid pride flag (
upload_2019-3-3_10-40-27.png
) was lacking, so I redesigned it.

upload_2019-3-3_10-40-41.png

The pink, purple, and blue should be fairly obvious. :p

The different shades represent the immutable different shades of gender in between male, fully androgynous, and female.

The white is mostly just to provide some well-needed contrast (especially compared to the black in the original flag), but it also doubles up as a symbol for feeling agender.

And the waves... they're just a bad pun. cause its

cause its genderfluid

hehe

Crowned Republic of Senarica:

Located between the borders the regions of Abruzzo and Lazio in Italy, Senarica and the neighboring village of Poggio Umbricchio were, at the time, on the border of the Kingdom of Naples and the Papal States. In 1343 Queen Joanna I of Naples granted the area independence due to the inhabitants' fierce resistance against hostile troops from Milan under the command of Lord Ambrogio Visconti --- this was part of a larger struggle between the Kingdom of Naples and its northern Italian rivals.

Upon independence the rulers of Senarica looked to the Republic of Venice for inspiration as to the formation and structure of their government. As a result they adopted a similar republican government with an elected doge as head of state. For many years the republic did not have a coat of arms or a flag. At first the idea of adopting a flag that resembled Venice's flag, with a lion prominently displayed, was proposed, but the idea was dropped in favor of another design. Inspired by murals and reliefs carved into the church of the town of Poggio Umbricchio, the flag eventually displayed a crowned white eagle on a black shield attempting to grasp a laurel, all on a golden-yellow flag. The eagle with the crown is thought to have been the local inhabitants' interpretation of the Eagle of St. John and meant to represent the region's catholic roots. The eagle is seen grasping a laurel, representing the regions desire for peace, but a firm determination to defend their lands. This heraldry was adopted due to Senarica's firm resistance against invading troops from Milan, which ensure their independence.

Over the centuries Senarica's independence remained intact, its size and relative unimportance to its larger neighbors ensuring it a level of security despite is violent founding years in the wake of Joanna I's wars with Milan. Its economy mostly revolved around agriculture, especially in wine, chestnuts, and tobacco. The revenue generated from wine and tobacco crops allowed the republic to gain a hefty sum of money to invest into its infrastructure and economy, allowing it to grow steadily over the years. It was able to build a jail and even a small barracks, which allowed for the creation of the republic's "army". Due to its past, the leaders of Senarica put great emphasis on the readiness of the nation's defense. Along with the formation of a small constabulary, Sernarica once again took inspiration from Venice and formed its own militia force from the local inhabitants. Usually hiring individual mercenaries to help train the town militia, these citizen soldiers of Senerica were a fairly well motivated despite never having to engage in combat for most of the republic's history.

The republic would survive into the 19th century, with is militia engaging in small skirmishes with brigands and Italian nationalists attempting to unify Italy. As a self proclaimed ally to the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies, the region that gave Senarica its independence, it would eventually be annexed into the Kingdom of Italy by force in the 1860s.

Senarica 4.png

^^^ --- Flag of the Crowned Republic of Senarica.

Quebec.png

The flag of Quebec from my YT timeline. After using the standard Carillon flag for over 90 years since Quebecer Independence in 1910 from Great Britain, a national contest was announced in 2009 for a revised flag in an era of a new national identity. The contest requests a flag that would be distinguishable from other French-inspired flags (mostly from République de l'Inde, Antipicardie, and Côte d'Ivoire), include a modern interpretation of the fleur-de-lis to show how Quebec had progressed, and have it work as a naval ensign as well. The LeCrone flag, submitted by Jacques L. LeCrone, a dual citizen of Quebec and the United States, became the winning submission. The first ceremony where this flag was used was in the parade for the nation's Fusilier divisions in Montreal on April 16th, 2010. J.L. LeCrone was a VIP guest in this parade where the new national flag was hoisted in front of the Parliament building at the beginning of the parade.

Republic of "Tanistan":

When I was a kid used to buy toy soldiers all the time. When ever I got bags full of green and tan soldiers they usually came with flags. The Tan Army from the sets I would get sometimes had flags like the one shown below. It usually had a crescent on it, probably to make it seem like some Middle-Eastern country, but it was really just a design the makers slapped on for shits and giggles for kids.

Tanistan 2.png

^^^ --- This is the flag, or at least my closest interpretation of it from what I can remember. The Tan Army usually had these flags. Let's call it the flag of "Tanistan" then.

EDIT - I added red stars instead of white this time.

Last edited:
Republic of "Tanistan":

When I was a kid used to buy toy soldiers all the time. When ever I got bags full of green and tan soldiers they usually came with flags. The Tan Army from the sets I would get sometimes had flags like the one shown below. It usually had a crescent on it, probably to make it seem like some Middle-Eastern country, but it was really just a design the makers slapped on for shits and giggles for kids.

View attachment 444853

^^^ --- This is the flag, or at least my closest interpretation of it from what I can remember. The Tan Army usually had these flags. Let's call it the flag of "Tanistan" then.
That country doesn't happen to have oil WMDs, does it?

Republic of "Tanistan":

View attachment 444868

EDIT - I added red stars instead of white this time.

That's an interesting flag. A crescent clearly indicates a Muslim nation, but it could also be - it has three stars - a Muslim nation where the three Abrahamic religions are present/united.

Maybe a sort of Palestine/Levant where Jews, Christians and Muslims live together?

That's an interesting flag. A crescent clearly indicates a Muslim nation, but it could also be - it has three stars - a Muslim nation where the three Abrahamic religions are present/united.

Maybe a sort of Palestine/Levant where Jews, Christians and Muslims live together?

Beats me. You can make up any background for it if you want. This was just a random flag that came along with a pack of cheap plastic green and tan toy soldiers. The makers just made it up for shits and giggles XD

Status
Not open for further replies.