Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

Oh my god, I was just trying to post the map I had been working on for weeks and the file was too large! Am I allowed to post a link to the full map to a place like DeviantArt and a smaller size in the main post?

It looks like you got something figured out, but for future reference - yes, this would be fine. :)

About a day left on the extension, and we still only have one entry. @Tsar of New Zealand , @Reagent , or anyone else got entries in the works?

(I'm debating whether to try whipping one up myself if I have some time tomorrow, but I have two mutually exclusive concepts in mind. Just on the off-chance, which would people be more interested in seeing: Australia, or West Africa?)
I've got one in progress which I may be able to knock out tonight (NZ time), but don't hold the whole deal up for my sakes.

For MotF 192, does the rejection of a certain technology need to be organic (i.e. have widespread approval), or can it be imposed by a ruling clique upon a populace for their own aims?

For MotF 192, does the rejection of a certain technology need to be organic (i.e. have widespread approval), or can it be imposed by a ruling clique upon a populace for their own aims?

Either is fine!

What about the reverse route? If e.g. a whole new city is built from scratch and there's only e.g. fibre for telecommunation purposes and a rejection of good old-fashion copper wires which may be theoretically obsolete but still in widespread use anywhere, would this qualify in this contest?

What about the reverse route? If e.g. a whole new city is built from scratch and there's only e.g. fibre for telecommunation purposes and a rejection of good old-fashion copper wires which may be theoretically obsolete but still in widespread use anywhere, would this qualify in this contest?

Hmm, that's sort of the opposite of what was intended, but I worded the description pretty ambiguously. In the interests of fairness, I would allow it.

I love the Auburn-Opelika area, but how the heck did Opelika end up the capital?

In my maps, Opelika is one of my go-to choices for a southern capital. It's on the Alabama/Georgia line dividing east and west, so you can make a federal district easily.

Though I suppose you can say the same about many cities: Savannah, Vicksburg, Texarkana... (Or for the north... Youngstown, Richmond [Indiana], Terre Haute, any of the Quad Cities.)

...Now I kinda want to make a map with dueling Richmond capitols.

I know there's been a fair amount of discussion about the current round; who all expects to have a map ready in the next couple days?

I know there's been a fair amount of discussion about the current round; who all expects to have a map ready in the next couple days?

I can't promise when I'll be done : I'm going to have a very busy week and weekend, so I don't know when the final product will be ready (painting is like the hardest thing for me)

Props to @SpazzReflex for getting a map in - however, with just the one entry so far, I am going to extend this round by a week. New threads will now be posted on the Sunday, March 17th.

Last edited:
Guys, do you have any good pic hosting site, because the website doesn't accept my picture and I'd be really annoyed if I couldn't post it or I'd have to shrink it.