Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Ah, I see. I should maybe read his work as well, though I'm really only interested in reading Dugin given the infiltration of his ideas in the highest echelons of the Russian military.
I looked, and you can probably find a few books by Dugin on Barnes and Noble. I found one called the Fourth Political Theory (as I remember it off the top of my head)

1280px-Carte_du_District_de_Santo-Thomas_%28Etat_de_Guatemala%29.jpg

Izabal lake and Santo Tomás district. Area in yellow is what had been given in perpetuity to the catholic Belgians by Carrera's regime.

In the 1840s Santo Tomás was settled by Belgians in a colonial enterprise after the European nation supported Rafael Carrera in his drive for independence of the country. The territory was authorized in 1843 "in perpetuity" by the Guatemalan parliament to be administered by the Compagnie belge de colonisation, a private Belgian company under the protection of King Leopold I of Belgium. It replaced the failed British Eastern Coast of Central America Commercial and Agricultural Company. Many of the Belgians who settled there died of yellow fever and malaria, which were endemic to the region. Most were buried in a Belgian cemetery near Matias de Gálvez, which still existed in the 1960s. In 1854 the Belgian company withdrew because of financial losses.

I have some doubts about the accuracy & relevancy of these maps, but this was literally just the results of some quick google searches. It shouldn't be too hard for someone to model internal borders off of these.
hey man, dont suppose you have one of these with labels? say numbers in each bubble and then a list of these groups names? never been able to find such a version of said map myself, which is a shame because itd be very useful for making a myriad of timelines

hey man, dont suppose you have one of these with labels? say numbers in each bubble and then a list of these groups names? never been able to find such a version of said map myself, which is a shame because itd be very useful for making a myriad of timelines
No, sorry. Such a map might exist, but I don't know about it - I just found those from some quick google searches, after all.

This map's relatively good, even if it is a bit counter-intuitive to get working properly (click on a language and a brief description pops up, and there are overlays for international and administrative borders);
http://worldmap.harvard.edu/africamap/

Deleted member 2186

Map: Union of the English-Speaking Peoples (1941)

Robert E. Sherwood, an American playwright who wrote speeches for President Franklin Delano Roosevelt during World War II saw unity as a way to keep the English-speaking world free of totalitarianism.

English-speaking-union-map.jpg

Writing before the Soviet Union entered the war on the Allied side in 1941, Sherwood feared a prolonged stalemate between Nazi-controlled Europe and the English-speaking free world. Isolated in a largely totalitarian world — “a world in which the term ‘cut-throat competition’ would mean just that” — America’s standards of living would be reduced, he warned readers of Life magazine. A union of the English-speaking peoples promised respite.

It would have no involvements whatever in the continent of Europe. It would constitute a power of unassailable magnitude, dominating all the oceans; and this power would be in the hands of 200,000,000 people who speak the same language and believe in the same three fundamental things — liberty and justice and peace.

Robert E. Sherwood, an American playwright who wrote speeches for President Franklin Delano Roosevelt during World War II saw unity as a way to keep the English-speaking world free of totalitarianism.

Writing before the Soviet Union entered the war on the Allied side in 1941, Sherwood feared a prolonged stalemate between Nazi-controlled Europe and the English-speaking free world. Isolated in a largely totalitarian world — “a world in which the term ‘cut-throat competition’ would mean just that” — America’s standards of living would be reduced, he warned readers of Life magazine. A union of the English-speaking peoples promised respite.

It would have no involvements whatever in the continent of Europe. It would constitute a power of unassailable magnitude, dominating all the oceans; and this power would be in the hands of 200,000,000 people who speak the same language and believe in the same three fundamental things — liberty and justice and peace.
a global Anglophone union? doubleplusgood! :p

Deleted member 2186

Why isn't their colonies also added to the union?
Blame the Americans, if the British Empire in total (including all other subdivisions which make up the empire minus Australia, Canada, New Zeeland, Ireland and South Africa) than they would have a population of some 506,000,000 than they would have 1 + 101 delegates in the Union Congress.

The United States would not bee that stupid, it would lose its voting power in the Union congress, it could claim that as the British Empire is not truly a English speaking entry than only part of it (United Kingdom) is allowed a delegate.

Vuu

Banned

Good idea, but not very practical. Irishmen don't consider themselves Anglo (and as far as I have heard, apparently immigrants started to make fun of them for not even speaking their own language, resulting in an elevated interest). Bigger problem is how spread out everywhere it is, too.

Good idea, but not very practical. Irishmen don't consider themselves Anglo (and as far as I have heard, apparently immigrants started to make fun of them for not even speaking their own language, resulting in an elevated interest). Bigger problem is how spread out everywhere it is, too.
To be fair, neither did the South Africans or many Canadians, such as the French speakers, Metis, Scots... ahhh, the Americans probably didn't consider themselves English either. Some of the British liked to think of the Americans as being old stock English, but the Germans, Irish, Italians, and Americans-who-loved-the-War-of-Independence did not.

Deleted member 2186

Well this idea was created by a American who most likely toughed, if i can understand it, then it must be English.

Well this idea was created by a American who most likely toughed, if i can understand it, then it must be English.
Presumably that is why the Union is unfairly weighted towards the US, which has more representation than the rest of the state combined.