• Start date

Deleted member 105545

hit that dab.png

Kurdish Controlled Territories.

Deleted member 105545

Why make Belize so much bigger?
Sorry for Inactivity, I'm on Vacation.

But, I can answer this.

Guatemala claims much of southern Belize, and in '94 they invaded. Belize was still protected by Britain in '94, before the Belizean Revolution in '06. Anyways, Guatemala thought Britain wouldn't respond to this, because of the increasing civil instability in Northern Ireland and Scotland. Obviously, they were wrong. Similar to OTL Falklands, Britain declared a defensive war on Guatemala and sent a 5,000 strong unit to defend Belize City.

Guatemala managed to capture the rest of Belize, and started a siege of Belize City. Then, the might of the British Navy came. The HMS Thatcher, a York-Class Battleship, singlehandedly destroyed 6 Guatemalan ships, including the GA Guatemala, the pride of the Guatemalan Navy. Needless to say, the Guatemalan troops surrendered. The strong-man dictator of Guatemala at the time refused to surrender and was soon assassinated and deposed. Britain didn't negotiate, and took everything they wanted, a move still controversial to his day. Anyways, Guatemala would pay reparations to Belize to help reconstruction, and hand over much of their northern territory to Belize, "until it was rebuilt". (Obviously, Belize never gave it back.)

Deleted member 105545

No, this isn't dead. I want to show what life is like in the modern-day USSR. I just... I'm at a loss on how to accomplish it. Any help would be appreciated.

No, this isn't dead. I want to show what life is like in the modern-day USSR. I just... I'm at a loss on how to accomplish it. Any help would be appreciated.
I would suggest doing something like what the "Photos from Alternate Worlds" thread does, where there are pictures accompanied by an explanation. If you're going for original graphics, then it probably isn't that good, but it works well for showing what society is like.

Deleted member 105545

I would suggest doing something like what the "Photos from Alternate Worlds" thread does, where there are pictures accompanied by an explanation. If you're going for original graphics, then it probably isn't that good, but it works well for showing what society is like.
Hmmmm... I'll try it!