Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

Does anyone else find the random stupid names used by youtubers and more casual players mildy irritating? Or should I probably just get over it?
Depends on the context. Not a fan of using stupid names in general, but if it's done for the fun of it during a multiplayer session I can let it pass.

Plus, it's not like Vanilla can lead to odd naming trends such as King Gargamel IV... I know Gargamel is a historical name, but I can't help but see a dynasty of smurf-hunters when I hear it...

Depends on the context. Not a fan of using stupid names in general, but if it's done for the fun of it during a multiplayer session I can let it pass.

Plus, it's not like Vanilla can lead to odd naming trends such as King Gargamel IV... I know Gargamel is a historical name, but I can't help but see a dynasty of smurf-hunters when I hear it...

Now that would be a fun mod

I’ve been playing as the Nubian kingdom of Alodia, expanded a bit across Nubia and east Africa but haven’t gone on that much of a conquering spree as I’m content with my decently sized kingdom that’s easier to defend.

Anyway, I’ve been switching off between two names of my heirs, Dauid (David) and Raphael, since the starting character was Dauid II and he already had a son named Raphael. Thus my monarchs have been Dauid II, Raphael I, Dauid III and currently Raphael II.

Anyone else try to keep their rulers name list to a couple names?

Sometimes I do, however sometimes I go with the name suggested by the game if it's one that I like, but if the game gives me a name I don't like I'll go with an ancestor's name.

It depends on my mood, like in my current Jerusalem/Outremer game I've had five Baldwins and two Foulques (Fulk), then I've had one Henri, one Edward, one Elias, I'm currently on my first Eustace and his heir is Prince Yves. I wanted to have the names more restricted but I rather liked some of the odd ones that came up and went with them. Hell one branch of the Anjou's that became the Kings of Lithuania stuck stubbornly to French culture and there have been FOUR King Gargamel's and two Leonard's, though thanks to the Black Death they burnt through the royal line to a King Onfory and his last living child a Princess Yolande.

Though if I do a Byzantium run next I'll try to stick with names that have already been used to see how high I can get the numerals to go before the game ends.

Sometimes I do, however sometimes I go with the name suggested by the game if it's one that I like, but if the game gives me a name I don't like I'll go with an ancestor's name.

It depends on my mood, like in my current Jerusalem/Outremer game I've had five Baldwins and two Foulques (Fulk), then I've had one Henri, one Edward, one Elias, I'm currently on my first Eustace and his heir is Prince Yves. I wanted to have the names more restricted but I rather liked some of the odd ones that came up and went with them. Hell one branch of the Anjou's that became the Kings of Lithuania stuck stubbornly to French culture and there have been FOUR King Gargamel's and two Leonard's, though thanks to the Black Death they burnt through the royal line to a King Onfory and his last living child a Princess Yolande.

Though if I do a Byzantium run next I'll try to stick with names that have already been used to see how high I can get the numerals to go before the game ends.

My heir was assassinated and so my chain of Dauid-Raphael-Dauid-Raphael has now been broken.

Raphael II will likely be followed by Raphael III since Dauid was killed.

Because I wanted to continue the chain of sons naming their first born after their father, the new heir named his first born son Raphael.

So if everything goes right, Aloudia will see at least three consecutive Raphael monarchs in a row...

Posted these in PolChat so might as well post them here

That feeling when your perfect heir gets assassinated and you don’t know who did it.

My ruler’s extended family is going to pay for this.

Thanks to my spymaster/brother and one relative refusing to allow me to imposing him thus setting off a war that allowed me to seige several family castles...

My dynasty dropped from 37 living members down to 20.

Most males are dead other than my king and his sons, my kings brother, and one great uncle who doesn’t have any sons and will die soon or old age.

My current king is a tyrant now, called the Son of the Devil, but it was worth it to exact revenge on whoever assassinated my heir.

Kill them all.

The only male dynast left who isn’t the son/grandson of my king (all of which were children when their eldest brother was assassinated and therefore innocent) is my King’s brother but he will be imprisoned soon enough.

Don’t know if I’ll go for the female dynasts or just banish them all. Because of all the cousin marriages, most of them lost brothers, husbands, etc in the great purge.

I named an heir Godragon. God + Dragon. Thought it was cool.

Fiddld with a branch in Spain, checked back on France and saw it had been split in five. Switched fulers and found Godragon 4 in Brittany where I'd started.

I named an heir Godragon. God + Dragon. Thought it was cool.

Fiddld with a branch in Spain, checked back on France and saw it had been split in five. Switched fulers and found Godragon 4 in Brittany where I'd started.

I’m surprised the AI kept Goddragon for four generations

Been playing a bit more lately as I've been busy with other stuff (and working on my mod :p) and had a run as the Eastern Roman Empire in the Charlemagne start. My first Basileus had a game stabilizing the empire and destroying the Iconoclasts, and died in his forties as the master of a stabilized realm...but his secondborn son was literally a child of destiny within ten years of the game start, and the Roman Imperial Government system allowed me to select him as my heir. Said heir has taken over, and has such ungodly stats that he's bulldozed everyone. Abbasid was blown in half in one war, as the Child of Destiny gets infinite uses of the invasion casus belli, so you can conquer whoever you want whenever you want, and take not just the kingdom it says on the war declaration, but all occupied territory. If you want, you can occupy an entire empire and annex it outright. But along the way after taking back Italy, the man got the immortality event line and succeeded and now I've got an immortal child of destiny rebuilding the Roman Empire, with the organizer trait that lets his armies advance like a goddamn mechanized division from HoI when it gets the multipliers off his insane martial.

This has let me do this...

PHoH2iy.jpg

...by 874. To get around the defensive pact mechanic, I'm going to declare war on Aquitaine and France (got a mod in for cultural names, so its called Frankrich - alas, it didn't do anything to my Rome other than change province names) and take them both on simultaneously, so I can annex the entirety of those realms in one war, and then finally go for Khazaria who has been beneath my notice for a very, very long time, but I want to connect the whole empire by land as well as by water. A small downside, though, is that mending the great schism (actually one of the biggest historical ball drops in CK, as the actual schism didn't happen till 1054) has actually caused a drop in the moral authority of Orthodoxy, as the realms of the north that converted to it by the event keep getting creamed by the Norse. I'm going to go in there and clean the place out soon enough, so that won't be a problem for much longer, but it is making the conversion of that much territory a pain in the ass. On the plus sid,e I was able to do it mega quick to the Middle East proper, but I haven't been able to do North Africa just yet, so converting all that to the faith and to the Roman culture is gonna be a long term focus.

For now, though, I'm content to just build up for five years, then reclaim Gaul and Illyria. After that, Britannia, and then - hang on a moment: immortal, Anatolian, legendary conqueror, has a double headed eagle...oh snap, its the Emperor of Mankind! :p

Been playing a bit more lately as I've been busy with other stuff (and working on my mod :p) and had a run as the Eastern Roman Empire in the Charlemagne start. My first Basileus had a game stabilizing the empire and destroying the Iconoclasts, and died in his forties as the master of a stabilized realm...but his secondborn son was literally a child of destiny within ten years of the game start, and the Roman Imperial Government system allowed me to select him as my heir. Said heir has taken over, and has such ungodly stats that he's bulldozed everyone. Abbasid was blown in half in one war, as the Child of Destiny gets infinite uses of the invasion casus belli, so you can conquer whoever you want whenever you want, and take not just the kingdom it says on the war declaration, but all occupied territory. If you want, you can occupy an entire empire and annex it outright. But along the way after taking back Italy, the man got the immortality event line and succeeded and now I've got an immortal child of destiny rebuilding the Roman Empire, with the organizer trait that lets his armies advance like a goddamn mechanized division from HoI when it gets the multipliers off his insane martial.

PHoH2iy.jpg

...by 874. To get around the defensive pact mechanic, I'm going to declare war on Aquitaine and France (got a mod in for cultural names, so its called Frankrich - alas, it didn't do anything to my Rome other than change province names) and take them both on simultaneously, so I can annex the entirety of those realms in one war, and then finally go for Khazaria who has been beneath my notice for a very, very long time, but I want to connect the whole empire by land as well as by water. A small downside, though, is that mending the great schism (actually one of the biggest historical ball drops in CK, as the actual schism didn't happen till 1054) has actually caused a drop in the moral authority of Orthodoxy, as the realms of the north that converted to it by the event keep getting creamed by the Norse. I'm going to go in there and clean the place out soon enough, so that won't be a problem for much longer, but it is making the conversion of that much territory a pain in the ass. On the plus sid,e I was able to do it mega quick to the Middle East proper, but I haven't been able to do North Africa just yet, so converting all that to the faith and to the Roman culture is gonna be a long term focus.

For now, though, I'm content to just build up for five years, then reclaim Gaul and Illyria. After that, Britannia, and then - hang on a moment: immortal, Anatolian, legendary conqueror, has a double headed eagle...oh snap, its the Emperor of Mankind! :p
Jesus.

By 910, my Blood of Alexander dynasty that has friends in China who shattered the abbablob for me has managed Italy, half of Spain, 3/4 of France, parts of Germany, Hungary, Romania, the Balkans, Georgia, the duchy of Derbent, and bits of Arabia and northern Africa. Recently nabbed Egypt in a GHW and Persia in a lucky invasion by one of my vassals.

No immortals yet (though in my Norseheim über alles run I had an immortal Fylkja Bjorg who liked kidnapping and raping young men in her '90s and then did the blood eagle with them to sate her Impaler desires, then died in battle against the Khagan of the immense Ashina khaganate during a nomad invasion at the age of 103 in single combat by a freak accident), but hopefully I'll get there by the 13th century or so.

It should be noted that the formal Catholic-Orthodox split was preceded by a significant period of schism in which secular authority was favored by Rome vs. Constantinople, which actually sort of justifies the mend schism decision because that represents the ERE gaining power over Rome and basically making the Pope do whatever the Emperor demands.

For those interested, the Game of Thrones mod has been updated to version 1.9. Most of the changes seem to be Canon-related, though there are also a few bugfixes here and there.

Also, Elder Kings is now on version 0.2.3, which means it's now compatible with Holy Fury.

For those interested, the Game of Thrones mod has been updated to version 1.9. Most of the changes seem to be Canon-related, though there are also a few bugfixes here and there.

Also, Elder Kings is now on version 0.2.3, which means it's now compatible with Holy Fury.

What are these canon changes in the Game of Thrones mod?

PHoH2iy.jpg

What's the name of the cultural names mod? I've always found it annoying when, for example, Bedouins take over Constantinople and the name stays the same. Thanks.