Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any big slices of ex-lore that have been overwritten? It looks like, for example, that South Africa has changed a lot with the elimination of Botswana and Namibia as independent entities, and the strengthening of South Africa itself from a rump state to a regional power. What has exactly been booted out of the canon?

Gian

Banned
Are there any big slices of ex-lore that have been overwritten? It looks like, for example, that South Africa has changed a lot with the elimination of Botswana and Namibia as independent entities, and the strengthening of South Africa itself from a rump state to a regional power. What has exactly been booted out of the canon?

Hopefully, the thing where Ireland is forced to adopt CET as a condition to membership in the Zollverein is booted out of canon.

It kind of feels rather icky to have an island of CET in the middle of GMT countries (Spain and France you can point to, but it still feels rather odd (and also the former is already considering swtiching back to GMT IOTL))

Reform was headed by Toronto-St. Paul's MPP Josh Matlow, and the Commonwealth Loyalists headed by former Liberal MP Peter Milliken, himself a United Empire Loyalist descendant.
Peter Milliken is such an underrated and fantastic figure.

@Kanan I continue to be utterly in awe of your skills as an alt-historian and as a graphic designer. The French history/politics wikiboxes made for fascinating reading as a political scientist. Stellar, stellar work!

The vast majority (95% <) of the changes have been in South America and Africa. Assume all other lore still stands.

Hopefully, the thing where Ireland is forced to adopt CET as a condition to membership in the Zollverein is booted out of canon.

It kind of feels rather icky to have an island of CET in the middle of GMT countries (Spain and France you can point to, but it still feels rather odd (and also the former is already considering swtiching back to GMT IOTL))

Nope. That condition remains unchanged.

Peter Milliken is such an underrated and fantastic figure.

@Kanan I continue to be utterly in awe of your skills as an alt-historian and as a graphic designer. The French history/politics wikiboxes made for fascinating reading as a political scientist. Stellar, stellar work!

Thank you so much!! I'm so happy my weekend of researching French politics wasn't for naught!

@Kanan is Hungary a Hungarian majority nation? I mean, they likely have so many Romanians. Also, what is better ITTL compared to OTL?

Hungary is projected to be touched on around April.

@Kanan just out of curiosity is John Horgan still the leader of Canada's NDP after losing the election?

He is not. He was booted out and they have yet to hold the leadership election.

The vast majority (95% <) of the changes have been in South America and Africa. Assume all other lore still stands.

Nope. That condition remains unchanged.

Thank you so much!! I'm so happy my weekend of researching French politics wasn't for naught!

Hungary is projected to be touched on around April.

He is not. He was booted out and they have yet to hold the leadership election.
Got it, but what is better in OFC's world compared to our world? What is different for the better?

ROADMAP 26/02/2019
Well, the last one... almost kinda kept me on track! Time to try again!! Here's just an idea of what you all can expect from me moving forward!

March/April:
Western European Tour:
  • Belgium
  • Luxembourg
  • Netherlands
  • United Kingdom
  • Ireland
  • Portugal
  • Germany
  • Switzerland
  • Austria
  • Liechtenstein
  • Andorra
  • Monaco
List of countries by GDP/Population

April/May:
Central European Tour:
  • Italy
  • San Marino
  • Czechia
  • Croatia
  • Yugoslavia
  • Hungary
  • Albania
  • Greece
  • Denmark
  • Sweden
  • Norway
  • Finland
  • Iceland
May/June:
Eastern European Tour:
  • Bulgaria
  • Turkey
  • Romania
  • Slovakia
  • Lithuania
  • Latvia
  • Estonia
  • Soviet Union
July:
We return to North America where I will hopefully get some news articles/boxes out about the ongoing situation in New England. This includes...
  • Most recent provincial elections (Connecticut, Massachusetts Bay, Long Island, Maine, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI)
  • Wikiboxes of wars involving New England
  • Early New England history
  • Extensive work on the textbook
August/September/October:
South America/Latin America/Caribbean tour:
  • Brazil
  • Argentina
  • Uruguay
  • Paraguay
  • Chile
  • Bolivia
  • Peru
  • Colombia
  • Ecuador
  • Venezuela
  • Guyana
  • Caribbean nations
  • Mexico
  • Central America
November/December:
Pending! I have nothing planned this far out. Most likely going to be gap time in case I can't meet my proposed schedule above. I think I'll have an update on this in Julyish to see where we are and how we are going!

Since I have more free time now, I'm going to try and start peppering in more news articles every week to breathe the life back into the present day!

I also want to stress that the general "overview" I provide for each country is *NOT* meant to be exhaustive. I provide it only as a way for you, the viewer, to get a better and more clear understanding of where these countries came from and important details in this history. There are plenty of things I will of course expand upon more in the future! I've not intentions of slowing down and am only gearing up for more content. I've got a full notebook of notes, sketches, and ideas, and can't wait to bring them forth in 2019. Thank you so much to everyone who still reads and enjoys the timeline!! It's been one fun year, now let's keep this momentum going through 2019 and beyond! <3

Gian

Banned
Standardised time is beneficial for the Zollverein institutions and supranational businesses

I get that, but Ireland is smack-dab near the Greenwich meridian. It's natural for them to remain at GMT anyway.

Adopting CET would lead to the same problems that Spain is dealing now when Franco switched to CET out of his love for the Nazis (or for a more stateside thing, the problems Indiana is facing thanks to mostly switching to Eastern Time (ostensibly out of aligning with Wall Street time), as opposed to going more or less with what the sun is doing and adopting Central Time)

Status
Not open for further replies.