Weekly Flag Challenge: Discussion & Entries

Probably is. For some reason including the Spanish translation just made it scarier!

I include the Spanish 'translation' because Spanish is my mother language. In fact, the Spanish version is the 'original' and English is my translation and I do not speake well the English language :O

Forget angry white flag this is a terrifying white flag!
Thak you!!!

sounds like hell
Yes, this is the idea :D

Last edited:
Flag Challenge 203: One World, One State

Your challenge, you should decide to accept it :p, is create a flag for a world state. May be a democratic Federation, a totalitary Empire, a fundamentalist Theocracy, or that you like, but it rule over the entiry Earth. Can not use a map in the flag (sorry, I hate it!!!!)

Submission open: now
Submission close: 26th February, GMT 23:59
Voting open: 27th Febraury

Thank all of you for your participation!!!
Mwahaha my influence grows *cough* I mean, well done on banning maps on flags. Good idea that.
:winkytongue:

I have a few ideas for this one. Are fictional references allowed?

Here is an entry. I do not have much of a background for it, but I suppose that it is some kind of Christain world wide state. The blue is the sea and the green the land. The symbol is the ringed cross, which is a Christian symbol and a symbol for Earth.
World flag.png

The Terran Imperium
TerranEmp.png

Through Order, Stability
Through Authority, Direction
- Imperial Maxim

Humanity has always been authoritarian, obedience to authority a survival trait. Aeons of civilised evolution however have tempered that to obedience of worthy authority, leading to much contention over the definition of "worthy".
Though the Global War against the Eugenicists had broken the Allied Directorates of the West and lead to the Atomic Horror [1], its brand of ideal authoritarianism allowing individual competition had survived. Augmentation itself was considered fair game in this competition but most balked at engineering a Master Race - if the prize was mastery why deliberately raise that out of your reach?
Zephram Cochrane was no different to his fellows at playing the game. Though only a minor commander in the UDA forces during the War, the AH and fragmentation of the UDA had elevated him to Governor of what remained of Montana and its facilities, including the local NASA Research Station where he had been stationed. Though it took him 20odd years he had perfected his warp technology ready for testing, then use to show his fitness as a worthy Authority. Of the World if need be. The maiden flight went well and he obtained plenty of information on Earth's functional facilities to begin his conquests. He was totally surprised when his planning session was interrupted by aliens.
The Volkans, as they called themselves [2], had spotted his warp signature on a routine survey mission, scouting out potential resources. Though technologically inferior Earth offered one valuable resource - an easy source of labour. Zephram was free to offer a guarantee of this, in return for the tools to expand his empire and clean up Earth.
He was soon to realise the Volkans, though technologically superior, were more emotionally volatile and thence divided amongst themselves much as the old human nations were with most resembling the pirate or privateer companies, and as such he learned to play them off each other while still technically a vassal. The visit of an envoy from the combine T'Rhaan-thu [3] proved a turning point. They held similar ideals of authority as a way to focus their emotions and were willing to admit Earth, under Cochrane, as a full member. Within a decade Cochrane was sole Authority of the T'Rhaan-thu and had vassalised the remaining Volkan companies: The Terran Imperium was born.

[1] I figure even Augments would be different in the Mirrorverse
[2] The slightly different spelling should help show these aren't the Surakian dominated Vulcans of the Primeverse.
[3] Whoever could these have become? ;)

Last edited:
YES!!! Another STverse!!! A human verse!!! The BfdmAupS aprove it! :D

PS: I think there not romulans in this STverse, because all Volkans are like them.
Well, it's my rendering of the Mirror verse. Old Vulcans don't have the same unity of purpose that produced the Raptorian Romulans and Surakian Vulcans and others, thus they're a lot more diverse. The Terran Empire needed something more to make it stable so an extra slice of obedience to authority works.
On the same note, since the Klingons are obviously former geneered soldiers in the Prime verse, in the Mirror verse they'd include other former geneered slaves too - i.e. expect a visible caste division similar to the Dominion.

since the Klingons are obviously former geneered soldiers in the Prime verse, in the Mirror verse they'd include other former geneered slaves too

In one TNG cap, whem Enterprise meet three Klingon warriors, Wolf said that he is from Khitomer ... in Spanish sub, one warrior said pejorativily to another ''un granjero'' (a farmer). So, I think your idea is plausible in your STverse: A Klingon society more similar at Imperial Japan before "Perry Contact", with the traditional Klingons as samurais' caste, etc. ... I like this.

The World State
The flag of the World State was designed by a group of Alphas who determined that there was a need for a flag which constantly emphasised the state's guiding principles of Community, Identity and Stability but without being overly domineering. The colours used - two slightly different sky blues, sage green, a pale eggshell yellow-white and a light grey - were carefully selected to be soothing. The symbol in the centre symbolises the central role of Bokanovsky's Process in maintaining a well-adjusted and stable population, with the symbols for the five castes (Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta and Epsilon) surrounding a stylised DNA strand; the sizes of the caste symbols decrease in proportion to their role in the governance of the World State. The flag ratio is in the golden ratio of 1-to-phi.
WFC203_TheWorldState_FG.png

OoC: based on the world (and World State) portrayed in Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World' - the first edition of the book was in shades of blue and white so I thought it appropriate to use blue as the main colour of the flag too. I just couldn't come up with a good idea for a world government myself, so I used an already existing one ;).

New challenge ready:
Flag Challenge 204: Star Spangled Banner
In a universe lacking a USA design a flag strewn with stars.
Restrictions:
Can't be a North American flag
Can't be for a US analogue​

Submissions Open: now
Submissions Close: 15th March-ish
Poll Opens: 16th March-ish
Any questions?

Flag of Sympoliteia Megale Makedonía (Confederation of Great Macedon)

sympoliteia_makedonika2_by_cdmonte_dd1ub0z-pre.jpg

Brief Description:

After than 2081 years from the Aléxandros ho Megas dead (with 56 years old), the countries in the helenomacedonic cultural area merge in the Confederation of Great Macedon (Sympoliteia Megale Makedonía), an unión from Tirrene Sea and North Africa to Indo, and from Balcanes and Black Sea to Sahara and Africa's Horn.

The Argead's Star was chosen as comun symbol.

Govermment:

The Basileion (head of State) is elected by the People of Condeferation for five years.

The Hegemon or Arkhai Hegemón (chief of Goverment) is chossen (and ceased) by the Eclesia (the Assambly of the Confederation) and appoint the Boulé ton Arkhons (Cabinet of Ministers).

The people as whole elect, proporcionally at the votes of each party, the diputy (eclesiarkhas) to the Eclesia, for four years.

Each koinón (each confederated State) have a number of votes in the Synedrión, which depend the number of its population. The koinón's govermment appoint and cease freely this diputy (poliarkhas) and all poliarkhas of this koinón must vote in the same way or the votes of its koinón are not calculated.

Alexandria is the confederal capital.

Population and Superficie:

Near 820 000 000 inhabitants, with 17 200 000 km2.

Religion:

Olympism is the majority religion, however, from the deep syncretism and the interpretatio graeca of antique gods and miths merge a complex religiosity, where live together from sects merely ritualist to a monoteism centred in the Only God, Zeus Yová.

Language:

Helenikós is the confederal goverment and administration's language. However, another language may be co – oficial in some koina, and parsikos, fenikios, aramaikos, aryan, lidian and samnite are also spoken.

Last edited:
In a history where the United States never revolted, and the two sides reached a set of concessions culminating in the election of Americans to the British House of Parliament-- the interests of Britain were more and more tied to the Western Hemisphere as a greater proportion of its population resided in North America. Britain saw less of a need to spread its wings towards the South Pacific. The new colony of Australia was never settled, with the promise of better, more fertile lands to the West in America. The Bourbon Kings of France, seeking an answer to the issues caused by overpopulation within France, sent an expedition led by a dashing young officer by the name of Joachim Murat to explore Australia and report on opportunities for settlement there. To some extent exaggerating the fecundity of the soil, Joachim Murat sent word of an entire continent ripe for settlement, with weak natives and ample land for settlement.

In 1792, a fleet of thirty ships left France heading for OTL Sydney. In charge of the expedition was Joachim Murat, who became well known for his daring tales of heroics within the French Court and was considered highly by King Louis as an expert on Australia. The colonists established la-Prosperite and quickly began establishing a large presence in the region, building a harbor and beginning the creation of several other settlements in the area of OTL Melbourne.

Alarmed by the growth of French power in the region and viewing it as a precursor to ramp up efforts across the South Pacific, especially in India, Great Britain made moves to secure its own allies within the region. In 1795, Britain sent a naval envoy under Captain James Cook to make sustained contact with the Maori tribes inhabiting New Zealand with whom he had met on his first voyage some twenty years previous. The aging officer, carrying a cargo of muskets, made contact at the same time as an expansionist chief had taken control of a small federation of tribes. Taking the name of the mythical hero, Maui, this chief had extended his control across the tip of the North Island. Seeing a possibility of stemming French interest in New Zealand, Cook remained in New Zealand, helping to seal Maui’s control of the entire North Island and soon extending his control over the south through the use of the modern Western equipment provided by Captain Cook. By 1810, Maui had established control over the entirety of New Zealand.

Understanding the impossibility of defending against a French invasion of his kingdom, in 1815 Maui and a new British minister, Arthur Wodeville signed the treaty of Taruanga, which established the new kingdom as under the protection of the British State. This flag, with references to the Maori conception of Father Sky and Mother Earth symbolized the islands of what they called Aotearoa. The six stars symbolize the five tribes of Maui’s original tribal confederation, surrounding him as the largest star in the middle.

IOajpxf.png