Ella's Soviet Victory: Main Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 105545
  • Start date

Deleted member 105545

I will explain them.

Vinland/Markland as something a white nationalist (I did correctly infer the character of your Idaho based polity, right?) might use to identify with Viking expeditions to North America (albeit the northeastern part).

Cibola as in the legendary place, as well as a county in New Mexico and a place on its border with Arizona.

Platina I meant Planitia, as in Latin for plain, such as the Great Plains.

Triveria is a name I made up indicating that it's an area dominated by three rivers, the Hudson, the Delaware, and the Susquehanna.
Alright, nice!

a. Yes, it is a WN state, similar to that one proposed state, Lincoln I think it was.

b. Hm, maybe, I'll have to think about it.

c. I don't think they would use Latin, maybe have something fancier, but it would def. be in English.

d. Nice! However, there's really no need for confederation since it is already in one, the NEUN.

Deleted member 105545

yirael.png

Deleted member 105545

"Honestly I have no idea"

United Great Plains States maybe?
Great Plains Republic?
The issue with getting overtly fancy with names is that Americans, speaking as one, aren't fancy when it comes to that. We need something we can relate to, something that's familiar.
The area to Americans is known as the Great Plains, so I could see something that reflects that.
My first thought was 'Plainer Republic'

"Honestly I have no idea"

United Great Plains States maybe?
Great Plains Republic?
The issue with getting overtly fancy with names is that Americans, speaking as one, aren't fancy when it comes to that. We need something we can relate to, something that's familiar.
The area to Americans is known as the Great Plains, so I could see something that reflects that.
I'd maybe partition the region into several smaller competing nations and warlords instead of one big nation. It keeps things more interesting and provides a region for proxies between the larger factions of North America.

I'd maybe partition the region into several smaller competing nations and warlords instead of one big nation. It keeps things more interesting and provides a region for proxies between the larger factions of North America.
The issue is there just isn't enough people living in that area, it's flyover country for a region in OTL. It's a big nation, yea, but in the same sense that Russia is big. Large area compared to the actual population that lives there.

The issue is there just isn't enough people living in that area, it's flyover country for a region in OTL. It's a big nation, yea, but in the same sense that Russia is big. Large area compared to the actual population that lives there.
True, but some of the outer states of the nation (Minnesota, Colorado, etc) have a large enough population to sustain themselves and are both culturally and politically different enough to want to be independent. One idea I had was that Native American tribes secede. They'd be small, but still capable of self-governance. At the very least, a civil war in the Great Plains would be cool.

True, but some of the outer states of the nation (Minnesota, Colorado, etc) have a large enough population to sustain themselves and are both culturally and politically different enough to want to be independent. One idea I had was that Native American tribes secede. They'd be small, but still capable of self-governance. At the very least, a civil war in the Great Plains would be cool.
I could see some kinda Plains Republic VS Natives kinda thing, yea, that would be interesting to be honest. Personally, I think a powerstruggle between those states able to swing their weight within the larger republic could be rather neat.

Deleted member 105545

I don't speak Dutch, but I know enough German to deduce that the titles Onze Leider and Raadsleider mean Premier (first leader) and Prime Minister (leader of the council), respectively, and the names of the chambers of the legislature (Mensenraad and Burgemeester Raad) mean People's (or Humanity's) Council and Mayoral Council (city master council).
Yay! Google Translate worked!

Yay! Google Translate worked!
Hey, if I can throw myself out there, I'm not extraordinarily fluent in any language, but I've dipped my toes in enough of a lot of common ones to have an okay idea of what I'm doing, if ya ever need help, send a PM :p

Specialities are German dialects, Frisian, Pashto, and Serbian.

Deleted member 105545

Hey, if I can throw myself out there, I'm not extraordinarily fluent in any language, but I've dipped my toes in enough of a lot of common ones to have an okay idea of what I'm doing, if ya ever need help, send a PM :p

Specialities are German dialects, Frisian, Pashto, and Serbian.
Huh, nice, and thanks! There's gonna be a Yugoslavia lore update soon, so be ready.