Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

Mexico Loss of Land.png

So, I did the same thing I did for the treaties of ww1 patch sort of, but I did it differently.
The dark gray is the current country boundary for Mexico, the red is disputed land/former ceded land, and the orange is the disputed land/recovered land

I've never really known how to show Guantanamo tbh, since it's kind of a weird grey area between an American territory and Cuban territory that just so happens to have American presence, but I think it's closer to the latter so I usually show it as Cuban. The bit of Georgia north of Abkhazia was on a reference map someone posted earlier. Good call with the Oder-Neisse line, I totally forgot that. The light colrs in Japan are for occupation, and I don't want to change it, since that would require altering all USA colors. Baden-Wurttemburg hadn't been unified yet, and the island in Greenland is just because I missed it.

Here's a new map with some fixes.
The Oder-Neisse line included more than Stettin. Though honestly I am unsure what exactly. I suppose we would need to see government maps of what the FRG claimed.

The Oder-Neisse line included more than Stettin. Though honestly I am unsure what exactly. I suppose we would need to see government maps of what the FRG claimed.
I had the impression that until some time during the Cold War - maybe the 70s? - the FRG still claimed at least Silesia and Pomerania.

I had the impression that until some time during the Cold War - maybe the 70s? - the FRG still claimed at least Silesia and Pomerania.
Yes. Looking back it the Wikipedia page, it seems the West German stance was that the border with Poland from before WWII was still in force, within he land only occupied by Poland, until a peace treaty officially ending the war and occupation. Apparently the Germans expelled (or who ran) from the area ended up in the British and American occupation zones. I am unsure if it was because the Soviets made sure they kept moving or if they moved all that way on their own. The Soviets didn't want people to leave later when they would be useful as laborers (though they did keep using Germans as slav laborers in the East for a couple decades) but not having to feed several hundred thousand refugees (and to easily loot and redistribute resources in an area the size of England) did simplify things for them. On a side note, it seems that when Galicia was basically split between the Poles and Soviets that the Ukrainians and others form the Polish portion were sent to Silesia and Pomerania, where they got compensation for their lost homes and farms, sometimes with even more land. Those expelled by the Soviets in the other hand where sent to Kazakhstan and Siberia without much in the way of buildings.

But yes, all in all the West German claims would officially be for all of the land Poland gained, besides maybe East Prussia. I am unsure what their stance on Kalingrad would be. Apparently the German Chancellor might have just been using it all as a way to win votes, because 16% of West Germans came from somewhere east of East Germany.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oder–Neisse_line

Crazy Boris

Banned
No Philippines? FSM? Palau? Marshall Islands? Phoenix Islands? Line Islands?

I decided to only include territories currently part of the US or currently disputed with the US. With the exception being the northern chunk of Oregon country and the bits given to the British by the Webster-Ashburton treaty, since those kind of go along with the parts of those areas the US did get.

I decided to only include territories currently part of the US or currently disputed with the US. With the exception being the northern chunk of Oregon country and the bits given to the British by the Webster-Ashburton treaty, since those kind of go along with the parts of those areas the US did get.
I think the boundary dispute for the oregon country is a little off. It should be closer to alaska:
Map

Was Tibet not officially annexed until the 17 point agreement?

EDIT: I just realized the way I worded that was kind of weird so I'll clarify. I put the PRC-controlled part of Tibet with the regular PRC color instead of the occupied color, since I figured that because the PRC claimed Tibet in its entirety, occupying Tibetan territory was effectively annexing it.

also the rest is done now.
unknown.png

If you need French West Africa districts.

https://collections.lib.uwm.edu/digital/collection/agdm/id/2722/rec/23

Europe 1648.png

Been working on 1648 before I get into more China patches and feudal HRE. How does it look so far in terms of colors, country/provincial borders?