Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

east africa.png

The East African Federation.
No idea what the internal borders would be so feel free to make as many guesses as you wish.

View attachment 442001
The East African Federation.
No idea what the internal borders would be so feel free to make as many guesses as you wish.

From what I understand one of the reasons for the federation would be to allow internal subdivisions that match with the tribes of the area so as to try to increase the region's stability, I have no idea where to find information on tribal boundaries in African countries but it will probably be those

From what I understand one of the reasons for the federation would be to allow internal subdivisions that match with the tribes of the area so as to try to increase the region's stability, I have no idea where to find information on tribal boundaries in African countries but it will probably be those
all-tribes.png

murdockmapbound.png

Africa_comp.jpg

HOW+DO+THE+DIFFERENCES+BETWEEN+THE+TWO+MAPS+CAUSE+A+PROBLEM.jpg

I have some doubts about the accuracy & relevancy of these maps, but this was literally just the results of some quick google searches. It shouldn't be too hard for someone to model internal borders off of these.

I don't think it actually was implying anything about independence. Otherwise imagine the Rust Belt and Sun Belt maps we would get on here.
it could easily just be seen as a version of the proposed New Afrika state since it covers pretty much that entire area

No one ever made a map for this afaik but:
easttn.JPG

The Civil War sentiments of East Tennessee were among the most complex of any region in the nation. Whig support ran high in East Tennessee (especially in Knox and surrounding counties) in the years leading up to the war, as many people in the region were suspicious of the aristocratic Southern planter class that dominated the Southern Democratic party and most southern state legislatures. When Tennessee voted on a referendum calling for secession in February 1861, more than 80% of East Tennesseans voted against it, including majorities in every county except Sullivan and Meigs. In June 1861, nearly 70% of East Tennesseans voted against the Ordinance of Secession (which succeeded statewide), although along with Sullivan and Meigs, there were pro-secession majorities in Monroe, Rhea, Sequatchie, and Polk counties. There were also pro-secession majorities within the cities of Knoxville and Chattanooga, although these cities' respective counties voted decisively against secession.

In June 1861, the Unionist East Tennessee Convention met in Greeneville, where it drafted a petition to the Tennessee state legislature demanding that East Tennessee be allowed to form a separate Union-aligned state split off from the rest of Tennessee (à la West Virginia).
From Wikipedia

Yes, but a slogan on the line of "Ten remote hell holes where we would allow Jews to build their own nation" won't sell those locations.

The thing is: There actually are places on the list that are pleasant and livable. But I have discovered some more falsehoods there (AFAIK):

"Ample rain" in Kimberley? I thought that this area of Australia was barren desert?

"Rich jungle-like vegetation" near or in Aklavik (on the Mackenzie river)? Possibly, there is vast Taiga, but otherwise? At least "huge animal herds" is correct if you refer to caribou and/or musk oxen.

The thing is: There actually are places on the list that are pleasant and livable. But I have discovered some more falsehoods there (AFAIK):

"Ample rain" in Kimberley? I thought that this area of Australia was barren desert?

"Rich jungle-like vegetation" near or in Aklavik (on the Mackenzie river)? Possibly, there is vast Taiga, but otherwise? At least "huge animal herds" is correct if you refer to caribou and/or musk oxen.

Yeah, as someone who lives in Canada, I cannot honestly expressed how much I found that funny

Well, yes, my phrasing was a bit of an overreaction in the other direction, but given how they keep describing all the goodies of those ten proposals one can't help but wonder why those areas aren't already heavily settled when they are so wonderful locations to live in?

Pic unrelated

proposalyep2.png