Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there are three candidates in the infobox, you just have to make sure that the coding for the stats for the third candidate have a "3" at the end (eg "nominee3 = [Name]"), assuming that was your problem
I wasn't using the wiki editor; I was using the inspector tool. The problem was the image I tried to use for Wallace wasn't functioning.

The 2019 FIA Formula One World Championship is a planned motor racing championship for Formula One cars which would be the 70th running of the Formula One World Championship. It is recognised by the governing body of international motorsport, the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA), as the highest class of competition for open-wheel racing cars. Fernando Alonso is the reigning World Drivers' Champion. Mercedes-AMG Petronas are the World Constructors' Champions. Alexander Rossi is the reigning World Oval Racing Drivers' Champion.

The following thirty Grands Prix are due to be run as part of the 2019 World Championship. The five tracks highlighted in blue are street circuits. The sixteen circuits highlighted in green are road or circuit courses. The eight tracks highlighted in red are superspeedway oval tracks. One circuit, Monza, is a hybrid oval-road course. Points earned at the superspeedways and Monza also count towards the Oval Racing Championship, as well as the World Championship. The season is scheduled to start on Sunday, February 17, and end on Sunday, December 15.

Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 4.42.24 PM.png

Last edited:
The 2019 FIA Formula One World Championship is a planned motor racing championship for Formula One cars which would be the 70th running of the Formula One World Championship. It is recognised by the governing body of international motorsport, the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA), as the highest class of competition for open-wheel racing cars. Fernando Alonso is the reigning World Drivers' Champion. Mercedes-AMG Petronas are the World Constructors' Champions. Alexander Rossi is the reigning World Oval Racing Drivers' Champion.

The following thirty Grands Prix are due to be run as part of the 2019 World Championship. The five tracks highlighted in blue are street circuits. The sixteen circuits highlighted in green are road or circuit courses. The eight tracks highlighted in red are superspeedway oval tracks. One circuit, Monza, is a hybrid oval-road course. Points earned at the superspeedways and Monza also count towards the Oval Racing Championship, as well as the World Championship. The season is scheduled to start on Sunday, February 17, and end on Sunday, December 15.

This is amazing! I'm always a sucker for alt-F1 leagues. I have a few questions/comments:

-What's the POD? Why is F1 a hybrid of its OTL self and IndyCar/CART?

-How different are the cars from OTL F1 cars?

-Is the 'Niki Lauda Ring' a renamed Speilberg/Osterreichring?

-How did Canada break up? Did the Charlottetown or Lake Meech Accords fail?

-The Monza layout you're using in this scenario would be absolutely mental in modern F1 cars!

VMtdrgb.jpg

This is amazing! I'm always a sucker for alt-F1 leagues. I have a few questions/comments:

-What's the POD? Why is F1 a hybrid of its OTL self and IndyCar/CART?

-How different are the cars from OTL F1 cars?

-Is the 'Niki Lauda Ring' a renamed Speilberg/Osterreichring?

-How did Canada break up? Did the Charlottetown or Lake Meech Accords fail?

-The Monza layout you're using in this scenario would be absolutely mental in modern F1 cars!

• Honestly, there isn't a strong POD. My idea was that somehow early F1 is more American, which leads to Indianapolis being a real part of the F1 calendar, and ovals being a more accepted regular part of racing. This means that F1 becomes an international mix of streets, ovals, and road courses. However, this might require better trans-Atlantic travel at the time that the World Championship started.
  • IDK. Probably pretty similar, although designed with ovals in mind. I guess they'd also still have to have refueling, if they're gonna do Indy-length races. So maybe they'd look like faster Indycars as much as modern F1.
  • Yes.
  • Basically Quebec independence following referendum led to discontent in the prairies regarding the dominance of Ontario. This led to eventual independence movements from the four western provinces, who created a very federal state.
  • Monza with the oval is one of the craziest things I've ever seen. It's probably impossible to ever make it anything close to safe, but a lot of this is kinda fantastical anyway.

Last edited:

Please make a TL out of this. I'd love to see more.

• Honestly, there isn't a strong POD. My idea was that somehow early F1 is more American, which leads to Indianapolis being a real part of the F1 calendar, and ovals being a more accepted regular part of racing. This means that F1 becomes an international mix of streets, ovals, and road courses. However, this might require better trans-Atlantic travel at the time that the World Championship started.
  • IDK. Probably pretty similar, although designed with ovals in mind. I guess they'd also still have to have refueling, if they're gonna do Indy-length races. So maybe they'd look like faster Indycars as much as modern F1.
  • Yes.
  • Basically Quebec independence following referendum led to discontent in the prairies regarding the dominance of Ontario. This led to eventual independence movements from the four western provinces, who created a very federal state.
  • Honestly, Monza with the oval is one of the craziest things I've ever seen. It's probably impossible to ever make it anything close to safe, but a lot of this is kinda fantastical anyway.
I just hope they still have the NA V10s, because to me that sound is F1. ♥

If Pakistan can do it...

pmbeefy.png

i will leave the creation of infoboxes for pm richard hadlee and pm kapil dev as an exercise for the reader.

(This is the first time I've noticed that Botham's football career happened during his test career. I knew he had played professionally, but I presumed it was when he was a teenager, not while/after he was England captain!)

Last edited:
SZl58nK.png
fssUpiD.png

Miskatonic University is known for its large collection of supposedly occult, supernatural, or mysterious books in its library.
the Necronomicon
Unaussprechlichen Kulten
by Friedrich Wilhelm von Junzt
the Book of Eibon
the Pnakotic Manuscripts
the Book of the Vishanti
The Book of Sins

the Orange Catholic Bible
The Theory and Practice of Oligarchical Collectivism
by Emmanuel Goldstein
De Vermis Mysteriis by Ludwig Prinn
the Crime Bible
A Treatise on the Binomial Theorem
by Professor James Moriarty
The Princess Bride by S. Morgenstern
Commentaries on Witchcraft by Mycroft Holmes
Thaumaturgicall Prodigies in the New-English Canaan by Rev. Ward Phillips
The Soul of Chaos and Night-Gaunt by Edgar Hengist Gordon
Marvells of Science by Ambrose Bierce
Occultus by Heiriarchus
Remnants of Lost Empires by Otto Dostman
the Sussex Manuscript
North Pole Letters of Sir Robert Walton
by Margaret Saville
And dozens of other works
While the University does have a reputation for being a home for the practicing of occult practices and religious cults (See: Esoteric Order of Dagon, Brotherhood of the Black Pharaoh, Church of Starry Wisdom, the Enigma World Faith, and the Cult of Rao for more information), none of this was proven during investigations into the university. (Note: the University was investigated during the Second Red Scare, the Satanic Panic of the 1970s and the 1980s, and the United Kingdom 'Magic' Attacks.)

Famous alumni from Miskatonic University include Governor of Maine Stephen King, Writer Dan Brown, Author Cormac McCarthy, Vice-President Bernard Sanders, Massachusetts Senator Bill Weld, CEO of Octan Liz Warren, Comedian Seth Meyers, Magician Adam Sandler, poet E. E. Cummings, and Former NASA Administrator Fitz Kennedy

Last edited:

ST15RM

Banned
SZl58nK.png
fssUpiD.png

Miskatonic University is known for its large collection of supposedly occult, supernatural, or mysterious books in its library.
the Necronomicon
Unaussprechlichen Kulten
the Book of Eibon
the Pnakotic Manuscripts
the Book of the Vishanti
The Book of Sins

by Emmanuel Goldstein
the Crime Bible
Occultus by Heiriarchus
the Sussex Manuscript
While the University does have a reputation for being a home for the practicing of occult practices and religious cults (See: Esoteric Order of Dagon, Brotherhood of the Black Pharaoh, Church of Starry Wisdom, the Enigma World Faith, and the Cult of Rao for more information), none of this was proven during investigations into the university. (Note: the University was investigated during the Second Red Scare, the Satanic Panic of the 1970s and the 1980s, and the United Kingdom 'Magic' Attacks.)

Famous alumni from Miskatonic University include Governor of Maine Stephen King, Writer Dan Brown, Author Cormac McCarthy, Vice-President Bernard Sanders, Massachusetts Senator Bill Weld, CEO of Octan Liz Warren, Comedian Seth Meyers, Magician Adam Sandler, poet E. E. Cummings, and Former NASA Administrator Fitz Kennedy
upload_2019-2-16_21-57-59.png

SZl58nK.png
fssUpiD.png

the Necronomicon
Unaussprechlichen Kulten
the Book of Eibon
the Pnakotic Manuscripts
the Book of the Vishanti
The Book of Sins

by Emmanuel Goldstein
the Crime Bible
Occultus by Heiriarchus
the Sussex Manuscript
North Pole Letters of Sir Robert Walton
by Margaret Saville

I love this.

fc7ubLn.png

L/Demon (pronounced Lemon Demon) is a band based out of Arkham, Massachusetts founded by Miskatonic Univeristy Alumni, Neil Cicierega and Robert "Bo" Burnham. Their 2011 album, Arkham Asylumni is a parody of their times at the university and all the supposed occult events that occur on campus during the late night hours. The three singles from the album are all in a different style. A Bat in the Attic is a comedy song about Dracula being a crime-fighter, but in the day he's trapped in the attic above of the boy's dorms on campus. Colors Out of the Well is a gothic rock song about an urban legend of a meteorite strike that occurred on a farm outside of Arkham. We Didn't End the Major General is a mashup of We Didn't Start the Fire by Johnny Cash, It's The End of the World as We Know It by The Quarrymen, and the classical patter-song Modern Major General by Gilbert and Sullivan

Miskatonic University and Other Stuff
Miskatonic University

fc7ubLn.png

L/Demon (pronounced Lemon Demon) is a band based out of Arkham, Massachusetts founded by Miskatonic Univeristy Alumni, Neil Cicierega and Robert "Bo" Burnham. Their 2011 album, Arkham Asylumni is a parody of their times at the university and all the supposed occult events that occur on campus during the late night hours. The three singles from the album are all in a different style. A Bat in the Attic is a comedy song about Dracula being a crime-fighter, but in the day he's trapped in the attic above of the boy's dorms on campus. Colors Out of the Well is a gothic rock song about an urban legend of a meteorite strike that occurred on a farm outside of Arkham. We Didn't End the Major General is a mashup of We Didn't Start the Fire by Johnny Cash, It's The End of the World as We Know It by The Quarrymen, and the classical patter-song Modern Major General by Gilbert and Sullivan

Miskatonic University and Other Stuff
Miskatonic University
Also classic and also I'm nnow super-curious about the TTL versions of We Didn't Start the Fire and It's The End of the World as We Know It, which presumably have nothing in common with the OTL songs of the same name.

Also, do you mind if I share these with a thread about Lovecraft stuff on another board?

Last edited:

Thomas27

Banned

Do you plan more? Is here a TL or something? Because it's damn interesting.

Also classic and also I'm know super-curious about the TTL versions of We Didn't Start the Fire and It's The End of the World as We Know It, which presumably have nothing in common with the OTL songs of the same name.
We Didn't Start the Fire was written in 1962 by Johnny Cash, Johnny Horton (who never got into the car accident that ended his life), and Peter La Farge. It was written as a dirge for the victims of the genocide of the Native Americans. It was the opening song of the album Bitter Tears: Ballads of the American Indian.

It's the End of the World as We Know It was written in 1984 by The Quarrymen members John Lennon and Paul McCartney. It was originally composed during the United Kingdom 'Magic' Attacks while the band was stuck in Boston. The song is about the victims of the 'Magic' Attack.

Also, do you mind if I share these with a thread about Lovecraft stuff on another board?
Yeah! Just give me credit and send me a link to the site when you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.