The Iron Eagle: An Adolf Hitler Presidency

Is this TL Good so far?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Special Update - Tribute to Bruno Ganz
Los Angeles Times, 2019:

4486_bruno-ganz_1.jpeg

(Ganz on the set of Tintin in the Congo, 1995.)

Beloved Hollywood Star and "Movie screen magician" Bruno Ganz passed away on February 16, 2019. But his legacy will be forever enshrined in Hollywood history, ever since he set foot on the shores of New York City with his Swiss-German family on August 4, 1947.

Growing up in an urban environment, Ganz recounted how he, "saw more people every day in seconds than there were in the cantons my father's ancestors grew up in". Growing up shy, Ganz failed fitting in with his schoolmates during his earlier half of his childhood. It was during freshman year at Hitler High* where he saw a performance of Hamlet where he realized that stage would be his way to connect with the audience. And so during his sophomore year, he decided to audition for fall performance: Romeo & Juliet. With much practice and, as he put it, "the sprinkled spice of luck", his audition for Count Paris was a success. His performance in the play was regarded by both his peers and parents as …

You can support globally renowned journalism by subscribing today. Don't miss on this week's special offer of just $1.25 a week for a whole month.

End Notes:

* There are many Hitler highs, roads, even airports.

P.S. Trust me, down the road there's gonna be an update featuring the rest of this article.

Last edited:
That's where I got off the train so to speak. I just xcan' buy a kinder gentler Hitler. I kept waiting for things to turn darker. This time line is so well written. Intellectually honestrhino you are great writer but I just can't get with a tl where Hitler does nothing bad.
Oh hell do bad shit,that’s already been shown with his White Supremacist belifs and multiple statements about how he handles race during his Presidency. What I meant by things will turn out okay is that by the modern day, we would of progressed on from the Hitler era in our Politics and Race relations while they may be worse, won’t be absolutely horrific

That's where I got off the train so to speak. I just can't buy a kinder gentler Hitler. I kept waiting for things to turn darker. This time line is so well written. Intellectually honestrhino you are great writer but I just can't get with a tl where Hitler does nothing bad.

He does nothing bad? He already has.

He filibustered an anti-lynching bill, and he constantly denigrates racial minorities. Wait for him to get into office.

He’s kinder and gentler than OTL German Hitler for he won’t commit any holocuast. Being better than otl Hitler is a very very low bar. In fact, one could argue that Joseph Stalin was better than OTL Hitler. Again, it’s a very low bar. OTL Hitler is the literal epitome of ultimate evil. Adolf Hitler’s crimes against unnaity are so horrific in his slaughter of even infants for they were Jews or Roma, as well as his plans to exterminate 80% of the Slavs in the east, is why I personally think Stalin was better than Hitler. Again, very very low bar.

I wanted to stress that American Hitler is not a carbon copy of OTL Hitler with a Texan accent. He’s different, and not as bad. But oh my god he’s going to do some horrific shit, and some of that horrific shit will be cheered on by his millions of supporters across the country (some more Nixonian backroom deals which are also awful but not public).

I appreciate though you saying my writing was good. I’m only a bit surprised as I thought I’ve hinted strongly throughout this TL that American Hitler is going to do some awful things.

Not going to spoil how, but he makes life miserable for racial and sexual minorities (oh his homophobia is no lesser in magnitude than his racism).

won’t be absolutely horrific

Can’t say they won’t be absolutely horrific, especially in certain regions of the country. But yes, things do improve, and Medgar Evers is going to play an important role in that field. And it also depends on the decade we’re talking about. 2010’s gonna be better than 1960.

I kept waiting for things to turn darker.

Wait for his presidency. Sorry if it takes a long time, but I gotta get everything prepared, including what happens in other nations, otherwise the TL can’t end up the way it’s planned. We’re close to his election however.

I’ll ask a final question. Was Andrew Jackson not as evil as OTL German Adolf Hitler? I’d say so. But what he did was still evil.

I hope this has allayed your concerns that he was gonna be some flufffy super hero who fights for social justice for all Americans. And I understand why that would turn you off. But no, he’s not. This TL’s going to be darker than @President_Lincoln’s Blue Skies (another shoutout @President_Lincoln! This ardent fan can’t help himself :).)

Last edited:
I get that you're saying that an Anti-Lanz-Chung Bill is bad. I guess my point is that is pretty much what a majority of American politician would do. Your right I would not want to be a black man in Mississippi. But, I would not want to be a black man in Mississippi in OTL in the 1950's san look sideways at a White woman.

I am sorry, I would just see a Hitler as inate evil. At this point he isn't Hitler, he isn't even a Hitler like figure.

I guess my point is that is pretty much what a majority of American politician would do.

Majority of southern politicians at the time.

But no, if you thought he was going to be as evil, no he won’t. But for me personally, I find the plans I have for this TL to be very dark. But if you don’t think it’ll be dark enough, that’s fine. That’s your descision what to read and what not to read. For me however, knowing what will happen, I just cannot agree that it is not bad enough. And remember, having OTL level Hitler actions is ASB in America for its a democracy. You just can’t have the same things occur.

But I sort of understand what you’re saying. I won’t say anything more on this on this thread. If anyone needs further clarification, asking questions on this, etc., just PM me and I’ll respond. I fear derailing the thread.

I am sorry, I would just see a Hitler as inate evil. At this point he isn't Hitler, he isn't even a Hitler like figure.
That's kinda the point. Hitler doesn't have to be completely evil in every circumstance. You're absolutely right, he is not OTL Hitler. He isn't supposed to be. Those weren't the circumstances he grew up in. A genocide on the scale of the holocaust isn't possible in the United States.

(Anyone wanting to argue about Amerindians better damn well know the difference between ethnic cleansing and genocide).

That's kinda the point. Hitler doesn't have to be completely evil in every circumstance. You're absolutely right, he is not OTL Hitler. He isn't supposed to be. Those weren't the circumstances he grew up in. A genocide on the scale of the holocaust isn't possible in the United States.

(Anyone wanting to argue about Amerindians better damn well know he difference between ethnic cleansing and genocide).

Thank you @Ice34; you have summed everything up perfectly. Growing up in America (environment) as well as America’s political situation being vastly different than Germany’s leads to a different Hitler and Hitler rule.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.