Tayna Roberts had to leave Sheena because of View to a kill who replaced her?

• Melanie Griffith

• Sharon Stone

• Bridgette Neilson (means she can't do Red Sonja)

• Other Actress please comment

• Cybill Danning

Results are only viewable after voting.
215px-Red_sonja_film_poster.jpg
220px-TanyaSheena.jpg
Supergirlposter.jpg
In 1984 Supergirl and Sheena came out with Red Sonja coming out a year later and all of them bomb.
Could there been a scenario postponing the making of the three films by a year that make at least one of them successful?

Supergirl the movie
PSX_20190208_210807.jpg
With Supergirl postponed for a year Warner bros was able to sway Christopher Reeve to reprise his role with a promise to produce his directorial debut and more creative control of his character Brooke Shields was cast as the role as Legend of Billie Jean cause conflicts in scheduling and hair. Faye Dunaway was brought on as Grace Manheim a crime lord who is possessing alien technology dequised as magic to mentally control Superman.
Mark Mclure & Annette O'Toole was brought on to reprise their role from Superman 3 and Eric Stolz was brought in as Quinn , Supergirls love intrest who is hiding his own secret

Last edited:
The best thing about the Supergirl movie is Bianca, the main witch's sidekick. She should have more lines here. If Faye Dunaway's a crime boss and not a witch, what does that make Bianca? I propose she runs a new age store as a front for Faye's crime business.

The best thing about the Supergirl movie is Bianca, the main witch's sidekick. She should have more lines here. If Faye Dunaway's a crime boss and not a witch, what does that make Bianca? I propose she runs a new age store as a front for Faye's crime business.
She also believes that her boss is using magic

Oh, I always assumed RED SONJA was a hit, everyone I knew watched it and liked it
Oh It's a cult classic (heck I think all 3 of them are) but this form conveys what if Supergirl & Sheena was delayed so they were competing with Red Sonja and so Dino Delerentis is set to make Sonja R rated and possibly having to replace Bridgette Neilson

Oh, I always assumed RED SONJA was a hit, everyone I knew watched it and liked it
I saw Red Sonja on the Sunday Afternoon of the opening weekend at a Mall Theater. There were just three people in the theater.
I don't think it was a big hit. I don't recall many of my friends seeing it.

I'm still trying to figure out Sheena & Red Sonja changes
PSX_20190209_195440.jpg PSX_20190209_195848.jpg PSX_20190210_091632.jpg It wasn't long before production on Supergirl was underway at pinewood studios in England and having Brooke Shields in the lead ment her modeling sponsors came with her

Last edited:
Sheena casting
PSX_20190210_103647.jpg In 1983 Former Charles Angel Tayna Roberts had been cast in the lead role of Sheena however Visa permits to work on Location in Kenya was difficult and production was delayed by the time it was fixed there Star Tayna Roberts was cast in the James Bond film View to a kill and her manager had convinced her to choose being a Bond girl rather than staring in a silly jungle picture
kenya-location-on-the-africa-map.jpg

With Tayna Roberts out as Sheena a new casting call was set with the four finalists being Hollywood royalty Melanie Griffith whos trying to step out of her mother's shadow, could offer clout for the movie, but has demands. Danish Model/actress Bridgette Neilson who could bring Stallone as producer, Scream Queen Cybill Danning who comes with a small but guaranteed audience. And up and coming actress Sharon Stone
3ce3c8a12915deb6b774077a1b6fccc0.jpg article-1393690-0C5F5B7200000578-925_306x447.jpg s-l300.jpg jt910lwz4p901.jpg

PSX_20190210_193715.jpg

Brooke Shields and Eric Stoltz
PSX_20190210_193356.jpg
Brainiac device allowing Grace Manheim (Faye Dunaway)to mind control Superman (Christopher Reeve)
PSX_20190210_193517.jpg
Tel-Var
Photos from Supergirl

Last edited:
More pictures from Supergirl
PSX_20190211_113852.jpg

Above: Faye Dunaway villainous crime lady Grace Manheim
PSX_20190211_094644.jpg

Above; Clark Kent (Christopher Reeve) helps his cousin Linda Lee ( Brooke Shields) to adjust to her secret identity
PSX_20190211_115339.jpg

Above: Peter O'Toole as Argo city's savior and outsider Virl Dox of Colu
View attachment 439883

De laurentiis's gamble
Dino.jpg With two movies coming out around at the same time competing with Red Sonja, and one of them threatening to steal his lead actress film Producer Dino De Laurentiis decided to take a risk and reach for an R rating. Richard Fletcher the director suggested a someone with a background in horror could boost up the script. Meanwhile Dino came across an independent Horror movie called Evil Dead. The filmmakers were hoping to make an appointment with him for a potential sequel. Discussion with Marvel was made but their board was more interested in their production at Lucasfilms however the inexperienced writer/director had fondness for comics and so Sam Rami was hired as writer and second unit director of Red Sonja
d2f82b5ad0c241732a143f944a199dd1.jpg

View attachment 439981 With two movies coming out around at the same time competing with Red Sonja, and one of them threatening to steal his lead actress film Producer Dino De Laurentiis decided to take a risk and reach for an R rating. Richard Fletcher the director suggested a someone with a background in horror could boost up the script. Meanwhile Dino came across an independent Horror movie called Evil Dead. The filmmakers were hoping to make an appointment with him for a potential sequel. Discussion with Marvel was made but their board was more interested in their production at Lucasfilms however the inexperienced writer/director had fondness for comics and so Sam Rami was hired as writer and second unit director of Red Sonja View attachment 439980
Sam Rani working on Red Sonja. I like.

That a interesting Change.
Well Supergirl was killed off in Crisis because her movie bombed so horribly IOTL and so it was either Powergirl, or Donna Troy that takes her place and it's easier to edit George Perez art than recreate it with two female characters

evil-ash.jpg

Make up test for Bruce Campbell as Nekronn the Death knight in Red Sonja 1985
80f48396fae8a3136f0d4bcebac1b82d2823248a_hq.jpg

Ted Rami as Village Shemp in Red Sonja 1985

Last edited:
Well Supergirl was killed off in Crisis because her movie bombed so horribly IOTL and so it was either Powergirl, or Donna Troy that takes her place and it's easier to edit George Perez art than recreate it with two female characters

IIRC, DC did not know what to do with Powergirl in the OTL. They tried to make her a descendent of Atlantis. And she showed up in the Warlord Comic, the last place anyone wanted to see a superhero.

View attachment 439981 With two movies coming out around at the same time competing with Red Sonja, and one of them threatening to steal his lead actress film Producer Dino De Laurentiis decided to take a risk and reach for an R rating. Richard Fletcher the director suggested a someone with a background in horror could boost up the script. Meanwhile Dino came across an independent Horror movie called Evil Dead. The filmmakers were hoping to make an appointment with him for a potential sequel. Discussion with Marvel was made but their board was more interested in their production at Lucasfilms however the inexperienced writer/director had fondness for comics and so Sam Rami was hired as writer and second unit director of Red Sonja View attachment 439980

The more I think about it, I not sure that Rami is the Best choice for the Script.
Andrew Offutt wrote the War of the Wizard trilogy about a Strong Female Redhead character in the early 80's. Have Rami bring him over to work on the story.
Another two fantasy writers who might be brought in are David C Smith and Richard L Tieney who wrote the Red Sonja novels in the early 80's. And Teney had finished some of the Robert Howard Stories and Smith had written a novel "The Witch of the Indies" with Howard's Black Vulmea, a Strong Female Pirate.

I just remember that in the mid 80's, another Fantasy writer began to work in Hollywood. You might consider him as the Script writer on one of your films. George R R Martin, first script was in 1986. He might not be the first choice for Red Sonja. He had not started Game of Thrones yet, but he had edited the Wild Card Series.
How about Martin being brought in to work on the Supergirl Script?