Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a minute, if Atari is part of Universal, does that mean their corporate mascot will eventually be Mr. Do? If Peter Packrat still happens, will Walt fire off a Cease and Desist?

Wait a minute, if Atari is part of Universal, does that mean their corporate mascot will eventually be Mr. Do? If Peter Packrat still happens, will Walt fire off a Cease and Desist?
I forgot Mr do... seems that Will be a Nice game for Atari. And why? Is not like Disney own mouse rights, tell me about Jerry them

Star Wars
Mann's Chinese Theatre, Hollywood, CA
May 25, 1977

George Lucas did a double-take. He and his wife had been going out to lunch when they ran across a crowd that was clogging up all of Hollywood, it seemed. They were clustered around the iconic Chinese Theatre, jostling and shouting about how this was their third time seeing whatever movie was being shown there.

As they got closer, Lucas zeroed in on the poster that was hanging from the wall outside. It had a man with a sword held high in the air, a woman at his feet, and a menacing, dark face in the background, with... wait.

"Holy SHIT!" he yelled, as he looked up at and took in the massive words of Star Wars.

--------------------------------
"Use the Force, Luke..."
--Ben Kenobi, Star Wars

"Amazing job, George! I just wanted to congratulate you on crafting the greatest movie of all time."
--Walt Disney, from a phone call with George Lucas on May 26, 1977

"You've never heard of the Millennium Falcon!?

Should I have?

Its the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs!
"
--Han Solo to Ben Kenobi, Star Wars

"Who's laughing now, huh, shark boy?"
--George Lucas, from a phone call with Steven Spielberg on May 25, 1977

--------------------------------
Star Wars, or as it would later be retitled, Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, was the biggest movie ever. It smashed all expectations, and exploded from its initial thirty-nine theaters to over a thousand within four weeks. After Mann's Chinese Theatre ran it for two weeks and removed it for contractual obligations, it returned once Sorcerer, the film that replaced it, had left in an unprecedented second opening. C-3P0, R2-D2, and Darth Vader had their footprints embedded in the theater's forecourt that same day, forever enshrined. Star Wars soon broke all records and outdid Steven Spielberg's Jaws as the highest-grossing movie of all time.

Despite the movie's amazing opening, it had been a tough sell at first. It took the personal word of Walt Disney himself for most of the initial thirty-nine theaters to even choose to show it, and even then, many of them had to be threatened with not receiving the next animated Disney flick, or the pulling of The Snow Queen (which was still running in some of them). Marvel Comics had been contracted to make a comic book adaptation, and Del Ray Books the novelization, both of which soon after flew off the shelves faster than you could say "May the Force be with You." George Lucas didn't quite believe how successful the movie was either, until he got a call from Francis Ford Coppola, requesting funds to help finish his Apocalypse Now. Overnight, Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fisher became household names, and George Lucas was suddenly the most well-known director in all of Hollywood. And he just so happened to be tied to Disney...

Meanwhile, other studios, except for Universal, were shaking in their boots. Fox in particular didn't have any big hits lined up for the future, except for maybe The Other Side of Midnight, which was supposed to be much, much better than Star Wars. They were shut out, and the company's downturn continued to spiral. But Universal, they had confidence in Spielberg and his upcoming Jaws 2...

Well good to see that SW didn't change plot or main characters in the end. The Company is going to be inundated by money, wonder how the Company would spend this treasure (bet on videogame development but let's see).

I am not much in favour on a personal level with Bluth doing a new Steamboat Willie... this may bring many criticism along many purist fans. I am more surprised that Walt gave the green light so easily, but I guess that Bluth is having the upper hand on him after Snow Queen.

Speaking of which, we would have to wait OTL this November before to see eventually a sequel TTL based on it...

I am not much in favour on a personal level with Bluth doing a new Steamboat Willie... this may bring many criticism along many purist fans. I am more surprised that Walt gave the green light so easily, but I guess that Bluth is having the upper hand on him after Snow Queen.
That idea was dropped for something more oirignal.

Well good to see that SW didn't change plot or main characters in the end. The Company is going to be inundated by money, wonder how the Company would spend this treasure (bet on videogame development but let's see).

Yep, no major changes will face Empire either, it's only with the RotJ equivalent that butterflies really kick in.

The Steamboat Willie remake will stay very true to its source material, if that's any consolation.

That idea was dropped for something more oirignal.

No, Steamboat Willie is still going to get a remastering.

No, Steamboat Willie is still going to get a remastering.
That is still going? well not bad, some colour and more modern artstyle would do wonders

ep, no major changes will face Empire either, it's only with the RotJ equivalent that butterflies really kick in.
Why? that is the chance to change everything, plus fix the mistake how long trully luke trained

I’d either have Boba Fett stay alive or simply not die in such a lame way. And I’d change the Ewoks from a separate race to being orphaned Wookiee kids. Which would include the possibility of them fighting alongside adult Wookiees.

I’d either have Boba Fett stay alive or simply not die in such a lame way. And I’d change the Ewoks from a separate race to being orphaned Wookiee kids. Which would include the possibility of them fighting alongside adult Wookiees.
Nah i liked the forced kick death, better kill him, the second seems better.

Why? that is the chance to change everything, plus fix the mistake how long trully luke trained

There won't be major differences, is what I'm saying. So the Luke-training-with-Yoda sequence could be used to show more of a passage of time than OTL's.

I'm attempting to make a version of Return of the Jedi (whose name won't even be that, nor Revenge of the Jedi) that's considered better than Empire, so a lot of stuff will be different.

There won't be major differences, is what I'm saying. So the Luke-training-with-Yoda sequence could be used to show more of a passage of time than OTL's.
I would like more difference, dunno but i loved all three otl movies(even the prequel....the sequel otherhand...)

I would like more difference, dunno but i loved all three otl movies(even the prequel....the sequel otherhand...)

Well, more difference just isn't accurate to how I think this version of Empire would go down, with much of the same pieces falling in place for that. But there's going to be a pretty major change that'll allow ATL RotJ to alter a lot more.

Deleted member 100251

Well, more difference just isn't accurate to how I think this version of Empire would go down, with much of the same pieces falling in place for that. But there's going to be a pretty major change that'll allow ATL RotJ to alter a lot more.
Oh lord... are you gonna kill someone off?

I was thinking what could change in TESW TTL under the supervision of the Company... personally, I think Walt would support the "Vader is Luke's father" twist for personal reasons before storytelling ones. So what else could change eventually?

Nah i liked the forced kick death, better kill him, the second seems better.

As long as he doesn’t die In such a humiliating fashion in this version of the movie. The bounty hunter badass enough to stand up to Darth Vader himself shouldn’t die like that.

James Earl Jones as the unmasked face of Darth Vader?

I just hope that David Prowse is given proper credit in this universe.

Your TL mate, i'm not the mega SW fans(i'm even hating it now) but the OT was amazing, PT is full of mistakes but they tried to be something, failed but still where fun

Status
Not open for further replies.