Here's a timeline I'm surprised historians on this site haven't brought up how would World War 2 have gone down if America's attempt to keep South America neutral or join the Allies backfired and Brazil joined the Axis Powers
PSX_20190212_114306.jpg

Brazil just signed its death warrant. The US would have both the desire and ability to make Brazil pay dearly for that. Not only is it risking US invasion but every country that surrounds it is given the green light to invade it , being backed up with US weaponry and supplies.

While Brazil is not getting a Europe scale invasion, expect the Amazon to be under American control (the rubber is too valuable), and most of large ports to be blockaded and taken, a coup against Vargas will happen quite fast.

Like I answered many times, there is no chance for Brazil to join the axis, and if the USA declares war on Brazil for some reason (like having bases in the northeast to invade vichy france like they planned on the plan rubber), the brazilian government would instantly surrender to prevent a onslaught. There is no chance of resistence, there is no way to defeat them and there is no will to fight for that. Even the brazilian axis sympatizers, like Marshall Dutra and Francisco Campos just wanted Brazil to continue neutral in the war, because a country with a army of only one million, a fraction of the american industry and just two super dreadnoughts would have no chance against the United States.

Like I answered many times, there is no chance for Brazil to join the axis, and if the USA declares war on Brazil for some reason (like having bases in the northeast to invade vichy france like they planned on the plan rubber), the brazilian government would instantly surrender to prevent a onslaught. There is no chance of resistence, there is no way to defeat them and there is no will to fight for that. Even the brazilian axis sympatizers, like Marshall Dutra and Francisco Campos just wanted Brazil to continue neutral in the war, because a country with a army of only one million, a fraction of the american industry and just two super dreadnoughts would have no chance against the United States.

Personally. I think if Vargus or whoever else is crazy enough to try this he is going to be overthrown in a coup the next day to prevent just that.

Personally. I think if Vargus or whoever else is crazy enough to try this he is going to be overthrown in a coup the next day just to prevent that.

No one is crazy enought to do that. The only way for Brazil to enter in the war against the allies is if the allies declare war on us. The coup can happen if the government refuses to surrender immediately.

No one is crazy enought to do that. The only way for Brazil to enter in the war against the allies is if the allies declare war on us. The coup can happen if the government refuses to surrender immediately.

Someone could be that crazy, but he wouldn't rule Brazil very long. He would be deposed and declared a lunatic. He would last a day or two at most. Hours is more likely , maybe less.

Firstly, why would Brazil even do this? They have no reason to join, and even if they did they would be destroyed by the Americans. Even if we assume a scenario where US remains neutral, then they would still have no chance of invading anything but maybe Guyana. That huge coastline would be an easy target for Allied troops to land an army on, and there really wouldn't be anything Brazil could do from that point.

Last edited: