Map Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belgian Revolution.png

So, since the write up for this would be absolutely insane as it's for a DND campaign I'm running with some friends, I thought I would just post the map here.

It's a genericish steampunk setting with some Lovecraft sprinkled in, ask questions as you would like, POD at the 1790 Belgian Revolution.

View attachment 440000

So, since the write up for this would be absolutely insane as it's for a DND campaign I'm running with some friends, I thought I would just post the map here.

It's a genericish steampunk setting with some Lovecraft sprinkled in, ask questions as you would like, POD at the 1790 Belgian Revolution.

How very interesting. Could you tell us more of this world? (British Louisiana, Germany and Prussia, British Raj and whatever that is next to it.)

How very interesting. Could you tell us more of this world? (British Louisiana, Germany and Prussia, British Raj and whatever that is next to it.)
Basically, the TL handled the French revolution in a way that would best allow for player interaction and narrative tension, that being by keeping the Directorate in charge, fending off naysayers with whatever they can mend together, this leads to most of France's colonies being up for grabs as the nation becomes autocratic and isolationist as it tries to reign in power over itself. Nappy isn't here, and I felt like a big bad French Empire conquering it's way across Europe would make too easy for a bad guy to paint a target on for the players. With industrialization, which happened rapidly across Europe after the revolution sparked in Belgium, came further centralization, and the opportunity to make up for their lost colonies, mainly to Britain, by taking place in the scramble for Africa. Basically, France was busy as home, so the Brits and whoever else was in town rushed their non metropolitan lands.

Germany, or the Holy German Empire, is what remains of the HRE, becoming a vessel for German unification, the King of Prussia didn't wish to lay down their royal title, and thus became the Austria analog of this timeline, with Austria itself taking reigns during the German unification.

The British Raj, for the most part, is OTL with less land, to the west however, is Portuguese Hindustan, a long series of colonial investments to hamper the Venetian dominance of trade, aiming to reclaim the finances they lost after Brazil.

Anything else? Keep in mind this was intended for a campaign, so a lot of rule of cool is at play here.

Last edited:
Basically, the TL handled the French revolution in a way that would best allow for player interaction and narrative tension, that being by keeping the Directorate in charge, fending off naysayers with whatever they can mend together, this leads to most of France's colonies being up for grabs as the nation becomes autocratic and isolationist as it tries to reign in power over itself. Nappy isn't here, and I felt like a big bad French Empire conquering it's way across Europe would make too easy for a bad guy to paint a target on for the players. With industrialization, which happened rapidly across Europe after the revolution sparked in Belgium, came further centralization, and the opportunity to make up for their lost colonies, mainly to Britain, by taking place in the scramble for Africa. Basically, France was busy as home, so the Brits and whoever else was in town rushed their non metropolitan lands.

Germany, or the Holy German Empire, is what remains of the HRE, becoming a vessel for German unification, the King of Prussia didn't wish to lay down their royal title, and thus became the Austria analog of this timeline, with Austria itself taking reigns during the German unification.

The British Raj, for the most part, is OTL with less land, to the west however, is Portuguese Hindustan, a long series of colonial investments to hamper the Venetian dominance of trade, aiming to reclaim the finances they lost after Brazil.

Anything else? Keep in mind this was intended for a campaign, so a lot of rule of cool is at play here.

No Napoleon?!

But really, who is ruling France today? Did someone finally got rid of the Directorate to get things done?

No Napoleon?!

But really, who is ruling France today? Did someone finally got rid of the Directorate to get things done?
Sorry if I didn't make it clear enough, but at the moment the Directorate is still in charge, but barely. Progress has been slow and there's numerous factions aiming to take them down. Like I said, it's something I've set up for my players to mess around with, but if they decide to ignore it, I'm thinking some general will use his sway to boot the Directorate.

View attachment 404838
Member Nations of the British Commonwealth of Nations ruled by the House of Osman(Tudor-Edinburgh-Oranje) finally separated into the type of governments. Consisting of 17 Republics, 15.5 Native Monarchies, 30.5 Commonwealth Realms and the UK itself. The Basic story here:

Don't think anyone would remember this but I once made this highly implausible, butterfly exterminating Ottomanwank (for the dynasty not the empire), which is also kind of a monarchy wank with most of the Commonwealth being monarchies. Some time later I decided on working on a list of monarchs. My current work can be seen here. I would really appreciate any help/suggestions/comments but seeing that this is the map thread (not sure where to post alternate head of state lists) anyone wishing to ask/comment/etc can just come to the thread where the list post is posted.

Claimants to the Ottoman Empire:
1. Sultan Cem I Khan son of Mehmed son of Murad, Padishah, Sovereign of the House of Osman, Emperor of Rome, Grand Sultan of Anatolia and Rumelia, Khan of Khans of the Two Lands and the Two Seas, Emperor of the three Cities of Constantinople, Edirne and Bursa.
2. Sultan Murad III Khan son of Cem son of Mehmed, etc.
Also claiming the title of Caliph:
3. Sultan Cebrail I Khan son of Murad son of Cem,
Sovereign of The Sublime House of Osman, Sultan es Selatin(Sultan of Sultans), Khakhan (Khan of the Khans), Commander of the faithful and Successor of the Prophet of the lord of the Universe, Custodian of the Holy Cities of Mecca, Medina and Kouds (Jerusalem), Kayser-i Rum (Caesar of Rome), Padishah of The Three Cities of Istanbul(Constantinople), Edirne (Adrianople) and Bursa, and of the Cities of Châm(Damascus) and Cairo (Egypt), of all Azerbaijan, of the Magreb, of Barkah, of Kairouan, of Alep, of the Arab and Persian Iraq, of Basra, of El Hasa strip, of Raqqa, of Mosul, of Parthia, of Diyâr-ı Bekr, of Cilicia, of the provinces of Erzurum, of Sivas, of Adana, of Karaman, of Van, of Barbaria, of Habech (Abyssinia), of Tunisia, of Tripoli, of Châm (Syria), of Cyprus, of Rhodes, of Crete, of the province of Morea(Peloponnese), of Bahr-i Sefid(Mediterranean Sea), of Bahr-i Siyah (Black Sea), of Anatolia, of Rumelia (the European part of the Empire), of Bagdad, of Kurdistan, of Greece, of Turkestan, of Tartary, of Circassia, of the two regions of Kabarda, of Gorjestan (Georgia), of the steppe of Kipchaks, of the whole country of the Tatars, of Kefa (Theodosia) and of all the neighbouring regions, of Bosnia, of the City and Fort of Belgrade, of the province of Sirbistan (Serbia), with all the castles and cities, of all Arnaut, of all Eflak (Wallachia) and Bogdania (Moldavia), as well as all the dependencies and borders, and many others countries and cities.
Known in Europe as Gabriel di Turchia, Captain of the Free Company of the Grand Turk.
4. Sultan Osman II Khan son of Cebrail son of Murad, etc. Also Otto, Prince Consort of England and Ireland and claimant to France.
5. Sultan Iskender I Khan son of Osman son of Cebrail, etc. Also the King Alexander I Osman-Tudor of England and Ireland, Overlord of Scotland, claimant to the throne of France.
6. Sultan Suleiman I Khan son of Iskender son of Osman, etc. Also King Solomon I Osman-Tudor of England and Ireland, Overlord of Scotland, claimant to the throne of France. Put down a republican revolt. Recrowned as King Solomon I of England, of the Scots and of Ireland. Granted Charles Stuart, the former Prince of Scotland, the title of Duke of Glasgow.
7. Sultan Iskender II Khan son of Suleiman son of Iskender, etc. Also King Alexander II of England and Ireland and IV of the Scots.
8. Sultan Mehmed III Khan son of Iskender son of Suleiman, etc. Also King Henry IX of England and Ireland and I of the Scots. Starting with him most Osman-Tudor kings had two names instead of trying to find good names that had acceptable versions in both Christian and Muslim places. Netherlands were conquered during his reign. Late in his life Act of Union was passed and he became Henry IX of Great Britain, and of Ireland.

Status
Not open for further replies.