A Blunted Sickle - Thread II

Note, if the Romanians *do* declare war on the 3R, I fully expect that there will not being any significant contribution of Military given their concern about the Soviets. (And I expect the remainder of the countries involved to understand...
Romanians do not even border Poland/ 3R at this point. Well they do border soviet occupied territories but not German occuppied. How well would proposition for Romanian troops do join from Hungarian territory goes? Unless of course, they cut some deal with Budapest to allow them to sent few divisions to support Slovaks. Czechoslovak Romanian and and Slovak Romanian relations were good. But indeed they will be on the toes regarding Soviets. As will be Hungarians. I am curious how Arpad line in Ruthenia is doing. Projection started OTL in 1939 but actual construction only in 1941. Hungarians would keep their border with USSR covered too.

I thought ITTL, it was the G-2, a simplified version of the G-1 (non existing OTL, AFAIK), which entered service?

I can't remember if its called the G2 or the G1 Bis, maybe pdf could clear that up. The differences compared to the prototype mostly concern the turret and not the chassis IIRC, so maybe there's no need for an alternate designation...

Just to check the map, the 3R controlled piece of Poland is not contiguous as they control an area immediately east of East Prussia, right? (I presume this is the same as OTL, just sort of surprised the the Soviets ended up bordering pre-war East Prussia)

The Romanians might declare war as a formality, much like the late entrants to the Allies in OTL. I'd be surprised if they do anything as risky as letting Polish exiles back over the border into Soviet-occupied Poland though.

Possible. According to my book on Hungarian armor 12 serial numbers are mentioned in Hungarian period documents. But true is I check only one book. Just realize I got at least one more in which I should check. As I said, Hungarians got ar least 70000 Poles on their territory. Surely, most able escaped to west, but for sure they should be able to get at least company if not battalion of volunteers.

I'm sure different sources may give different numbers but the actual number is pretty irrelevant so long as there are some available for propaganda purposes. Their actual military value is pretty much nil. Even if they only get a couple of dozen Poles and half a dozen vehicles with Polish markings a couple of hundred meters over the border the propaganda ministry will cover it like the D-Day landings.

Just to check the map, the 3R controlled piece of Poland is not contiguous as they control an area immediately east of East Prussia, right? (I presume this is the same as OTL, just sort of surprised the the Soviets ended up bordering pre-war East Prussia)
Yes, the demarcation line is from the OTL. The Germans annexed that small wedge of Polish territory between Lithuania and East Prussia, administering it as part of Germany proper instead of placing it under the administration of the puppet General Government in Warsaw.

Germany still has the Ruhr? taking the entire country out before summer's up seems a bit ambitious. The BEF in the north is in a good position, but the French in the south have a lot to fight through.

Germany lost the Ruhr like an offensive / two offensives ago the Heer has mostly been reduced to paper formations unable to credibly resist a sustained attack

Agreed, the Heer forces are thin, badly equipped and supplied and almost zero chance of escaping a motorized force breaking and smashing through their lines. They may fight and die in place, but they will not have a chance to retreat and fight and die another day.

Methinks postwar Austria could find itself without Burgenland...
Why? Does it had Hungarian majority?

Actually per spoiler we know Czechoslovakia will be recreated. I am curious how Sudetenland will end up. I guess Czechs will be not allowed to expel local Germans.
Poswar political situation would be interesting in that case. Would be funny if post war coalition government was created by... Germans and Slovaks.

But we will see.

Driftless

Donor
TBH when they pass Flensburg I expect Denmark to be effectively free too. By that point there'll be what, an AA gun in Aarhus, an officer in Odense and a company in Kopenhagen?

I don't know what force the 3R would leave in Denmark, but I'd guess there would be a fair number; if only to keep the Entete from resurrecting the Baltic invasion route.... :biggrin:

If the Belt is too heavily mined to get naval support into the Baltic, can the Kids canal be cleaned up fast enough?
Kids canal? (I presume Phone autocorrect from Kiel.)

I would tend to expect that the Belt is not mined at this moment, because doing so would force all Swedish/Finnish trade to use the Norwegian RR and that would tilt the Swedes significantly toward the Entente

I'm not sure