Status
Not open for further replies.
Touche. I just misremembered the name. It just needs a major investment in renovations to properly turn the site into a theme park. But with Six Flags Power Plant being successful for almost three decades someone might be willing to weather the costs of renovation to do it.

If Six Flags is the one doing it I frankly like the sound of "Six Flags Battersea" better than "Six Flags Power Plant London".

Got any ideas for internatila parks that six flags could buy. I feel that it is time for them to expand

Bob Camp on 60 Minutes

120501mag-mike-wallace1.jpg

MIKE WALLACE:
"Bob, John Kricfalusi destroyed a young girl's innocence and you made the decision to bring his characters back to television last year. Why?"

ren-and-stimpy-artist-bob-camp-attends-day-2-of-the-25th-annual-motor-picture-id491956009

BOB CAMP:
"Because I felt it was unfair for John's crimes to tarnish all the work that Obie Scott Wade, Chris Savino, myself and so many others had put into the show. I also wanted to send a message to the fans that these characters could be enjoyable again after all the legal clouds had lifted."

WALLACE:
"Now, for a full year, during that whole media circus, Nickelodeon's ratings were lower than those of C-SPAN. Do you think it was fair for Nick to keep Ren and Stimpy off television during John's trial?"

CAMP:
"To this day, I feel it was unfair to keep Ren and Stimpy off the air for such a long period of time during, or even after the trial. I can understand Nickelodeon not wanting to look like they were defending John at the time. But for them to pretend the show never happened at the expense of myself and so many others...I think that kept emotional wounds open rather than healing them."

WALLACE:
"So now, moving forward to the millennium...you're now at DreamWorks and you buy the rights to the property during production of Shrek and Starlight Express. Did you try to pitch the show to other networks before bringing it back to Nick?"

CAMP:
"Nickelodeon rejected me twice before they said yes the third time. I tried the Cartoon Network, but Betty Cohen passed on it because she feared the revival would cost her her job. Which was a shame, because I would've loved to have worked with Obie Scott Wade again. Next, I tried Disney, hoping somehow I could teach John a lesson by getting the revival made over there. When those guys passed on the project, that was when I went back to Nickelodeon the third time and Peter Schneider threw up his hands and gave me the green light."

WALLACE:
"This was a show that at the time polarized people for its low-brow, gross jokes and whatnot. What is different now?"

CAMP:
"We've made wholesale changes. We've cut out George Liquor because he was patterned too much after John's dad. We've cut out Sody Pop because John specifically developed that character to express the fantasies he eventually acted on. We've cut out Jimmy the Idiot Boy, because Nickelodeon execs, even in 1991, considered him to be an offensive stereotype of autistic people. We've cut out the Catholic school girls that Jimmy developed a crush on because the uniforms they wore were too similar to what [Blair] wore during her encounter with John. We've cut out all the hyper-masculinity since all of that was rooted in John's daddy issues."

WALLACE:
"What do you say to parents who are still on the fence about this revival?"

CAMP:
"I would encourage them to give it a chance."​

Ever heard of ed hart. He is the ceo of a company called Thempark LLC. They owned kenkcuky from 1988 to 1997. They later bought it back and still own. They also manged magic springs in arkasas for about 8 on the behalf of the french company that owned it. They tied to build a themep park in nashvile but it fell though in 2002. There was also talk about a park called the great north west theme park but ther is not musch informaiton. Maybe that project is succeufll hear or buy out or alteast gain the mangment contract for the enchated villages. also how about having themep park llc buyout cyprs gardens or feista texas

He just updated, please don't rush him.

I was trying to give you guys time to react to the last update before I proceed with the next.

Ever heard of ed hart. He is the ceo of a company called Thempark LLC. They owned kenkcuky from 1988 to 1997. They later bought it back and still own. They also manged magic springs in arkasas for about 8 on the behalf of the french company that owned it. They tied to build a themep park in nashvile but it fell though in 2002. There was also talk about a park called the great north west theme park but ther is not musch informaiton. Maybe that project is succeufll hear or buy out or alteast gain the mangment contract for the enchated villages. also how about having themep park llc buyout cyprs gardens or feista texas

Never heard of Ed Hart before unfortunately.

Honest abe remaber how I think that trump is crazzy enough in (a neaver learns form his mistakes ways) to try to build a fourth park but runs out of money to build it and left to serve as momunt to trumps hurbis. I think he sold try to build it in a place with any major themeaprk like portland seatle phononix honoluno or somewher in monta wyoming or north dakroa and . Most people probbly would think that buidling a park in wyoming monta or north dakora would not be viable. However i could see turmp planning build a maste plan community in monta to case in using new techuies to get oil out of the braken formaiton. He over spens on his city of the furture project. Trurmp may be crazzy enought to pcik wyoming thinking that he could get tourtist form yellowstone to come to his park. He would allso be arttact to woyoming north daktoa and monta because of all the land

dc
Honest abe remaber how I think that trump is crazzy enough in (a neaver learns form his mistakes ways) to try to build a fourth park but runs out of money to build it and left to serve as momunt to trumps hurbis. I think he sold try to build it in a place with any major themeaprk like portland seatle phononix honoluno or somewher in monta wyoming or north dakroa and . Most people probbly would think that buidling a park in wyoming monta or north dakora would not be viable. However i could see turmp planning build a maste plan community in monta to case in using new techuies to get oil out of the braken formaiton. He over spens on his city of the furture project. Trurmp may be crazzy enought to pcik wyoming thinking that he could get tourtist form yellowstone to come to his park. He would allso be arttact to woyoming north daktoa and monta because of all the land

I am glad you like my idea abe. So what else do think trump should do with his failed city of the future(built by illegal imgrants. Despite all his mean talk aboiut illegal trump tower was built by undoment polish workers) beside the thempark and frakign opperitons. Perhaps a distous eletric car start or distours robot facory (Trump was planing to use to make robot wiater for his high end reasturant and aniamtornics for park). The master palned commity project wastes so much money that donald trys stealing money form his kids. If the donald is on the verge of bankrupty i think he would try stealign fomr his kids telling him self that they owe him for rising them. He may also try to steal form jarred kusher under the exuse that it was a dowery for marrying invanka.I find it ironic for an real estate project to bankrupt the donald because real estate is where he got his start. Also do you like the idea of trumpp bying out myspace as one of the last good things that happen to him

Everheard of an old point and adventure game called toonstruk. It didn't sell well do to a desion to cut cost by shorting the game and poor marking. The story is about about an animtor named drew blanc who hates his hates his job as the head animaor on a show about a scarine sweet bunny named fluffy fluffy bun bun. He perviosy failed at pitching a cartoon staring a zany but good natured imp named flux wildly. One night drew finds him self sucked into another demmisnon that repsent the colletive unconnisous of all animator. It divide into 3 kndogm, happy bright cutopia, wacky zanydu and darky gloomly maloveoal. The evil king of the malvoenladn Lord nefarious has recently peferte a ray called the malvolier that turn cutopain into drk sinster creatures. The king of cutopai says he can help drew get back home but first he drew help him created anti malailizer called the cutenator. Drew is assiated by Flux. Near the end it is reavled that bun bun is super jeousus all other cute toons and was helping lord nefous build the maleoator so tha he would be the only cute toon left. I think it would be a good idea to have toon stuck canclled but reviedve in the 2000's as a movie. I think they should make fun of jhon k in it. Pefer there a scen when flux gets hits by the malto and starts acting like something you would except jhon k to make

Here' a link to the toonstruck wiki page.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toonstruck. In toon struck there is polt devic call mutigen ink that turn human into carton. Perhaps count nerifous was once a jhon k inspied colleage of drew and coreaor of fuffly fully bun bun who got infefe with mutagen ink andd then became bent on ruing all cute kid friendly cartoonss. I hope you are open to toonstruk the movie

@OldNavy1988

I'm thinking that, based on @Goldwind2's ideas, that Trump's last project before abandoning the theme park industry completely would be effectively a grand theme park and his attempt at Disney's Progress Citys. That way when he's forced to abandon it half-way it's both an abandoned theme park and an abandoned housing project. Needless to say, the housing development would be called "Trump City". Because Trump doesn't know the meaning of "subtlety" or "humility". I'm picturing a news report covering the half-abandoned planned community showcasing a deteriorating large statue of Trump with the caption "My name is Ozymandias..." underneath it.

The fact that it's left to deteriorate for a few years doesn't mean that the site isn't going to be reused for something else in the future. Like having one of the larger buildings built in the park be repurposed as a library or something similar of use for the local community.

One of the few completed attractions at this park would feature a spiteful Take That aimed at the MST3K cast for their involvement in the "Under New Management" ceremonies at the Texas park. The Texas park's name under Trump should be something like "Trump's Great Wonderful World Park". It'd just skirt infringing on Luna Park's copyright on the "Worlds of Wonder" name. After the hand-over, it'd be something like the "Great Global Adventure Park" since the overarching theme of travel would still be involved. It'd just be the influence of Trump that was scrubbed away.

@OldNavy1988

I'm thinking that, based on @Goldwind2's ideas, that Trump's last project before abandoning the theme park industry completely would be effectively a grand theme park and his attempt at Disney's Progress Citys. That way when he's forced to abandon it half-way it's both an abandoned theme park and an abandoned housing project. Needless to say, the housing development would be called "Trump City". Because Trump doesn't know the meaning of "subtlety" or "humility". I'm picturing a news report covering the half-abandoned planned community showcasing a deteriorating large statue of Trump with the caption "My name is Ozymandias..." underneath it.

The fact that it's left to deteriorate for a few years doesn't mean that the site isn't going to be reused for something else in the future. Like having one of the larger buildings built in the park be repurposed as a library or something similar of use for the local community.

One of the few completed attractions at this park would feature a spiteful Take That aimed at the MST3K cast for their involvement in the "Under New Management" ceremonies at the Texas park. The Texas park's name under Trump should be something like "Trump's Great Wonderful World Park". It'd just skirt infringing on Luna Park's copyright on the "Worlds of Wonder" name. After the hand-over, it'd be something like the "Great Global Adventure Park" since the overarching theme of travel would still be involved. It'd just be the influence of Trump that was scrubbed away.

I'm sure Deutsche Bank or Wells Fargo can launder the dough for Trump to make it happen.

So oldnavy you like the idea for toonstruck the movie. Who do think would make it maybe a project for dream works or Gemini animation. Also i feel the animation pipeline needs some updating.

@OldNavy1988

Trump city was the name of the otl Riverside South Manhattan before the Donald sold it to a Hong Kong Frim. I would go with Trumpopolis, Trumpville o TrumpBurg(It reflects his German heritage). I feel that consution on trump city of the future should begin no ealier then 2007. I think that trump should have atleast one minnor succes before his massive fall. Do you have any ideas beside my suggestions of him buying out myspace or the appertice succdeing.

Bob Camp on 60 Minutes Part 2
Mike_Wallace.jpg

MIKE WALLACE (60 Minutes):
"I met Camp for this interview in 2002. That of course was during production of the Ren and Stimpy revival. I also met with Peter Schneider, the former Disney executive who took over at Nickelodeon during its darkest hours."

"Peter, given the seriousness of John Kricfalusi's crimes, why would you put Nickelodeon's image on the line in bringing Ren and Stimpy back?

4d04cba191fd1.image.jpg

PETER SCHNEIDER (CEO of USA Network Group):
"After talking with Bob Camp extensively, I was slow to recognize that the original Ren and Stimpy was a huge draw for Nick while I was at Disney. I joined Nickelodeon and the USA Network Group during the trial. But keeping the show off the air after Kricfalusi's conviction backfired on us. We found out the hard way that Ren and Stimpy was the sole reason many folks - particularly the 18-49 bachelor demographic - tuned in to Nick. We even had people refusing to watch Nick until we brought the show back."

WALLACE:
"But for the cynics who feel that you're choosing nostalgia for a TV series over the well being of [Blair], what is your message to them?"

SCHNEIDER:
"Nothing we can do to convince those people no matter how hard we try."

WALLACE:
"Now, lemme backtrack a little bit. There have been rumors for a while that Walt Disney was fully aware of the original Ren and Stimpy. Is that true?"

SCHNEIDER:
"That is true. When Walt came to New York City ahead of his 90th birthday, that's when Donald Trump showed him the Invention and Toothache episodes. I was told long after the fact that it was the latter that made Walt cringe and he did indeed kick Trump out of his hotel room. Vanessa Coffey, one of my predecessors at Nick told me only recently that she had high hopes of featuring Walt on a marketing campaign for the show that featured other animation legends that praised it. Vanessa then said that when she learned that Walt vehemently disliked what he saw, she was extremely devastated."

camp_bob.jpg

BOB CAMP:
"I was probably the only person at Trump Manhattan that was actually NOT surprised that Walt reacted to the show the way he did. I met him twice before when I first broke into comic books at Harvey in the early 80's. While I was there I did the graphic novel adaptation for The Secret of NIMH. John had delusional expectations of Walt admitting our show was good. Chris Savino took it much harder, because when he was 16, he actually got to meet Walt at the opening of Motor Kingdom. The icing on the cake were the tears in Donald Trump's eyes. In fact, we found out later that Donald numbed the pain of Walt's disapproval for about two weeks straight, going nowhere else for lunch but the Taco Bell where Harvey Weinstein used to work."

WALLACE:
"Now, of course, you had left Trump Manhattan to work for Gemini in 1993. After buying the rights to the property, have you gotten a chance to look at the episodes that were made in your absence?"

CAMP:
"I have, but it wasn't till after the revival launched. However, it was the movie that was off my radar for the longest time. All I previously knew was that it was a bunch of shorts cobbled together with live action wraparounds that had Kevin Spacey trying to be like Deems Taylor in the original Fantasia, tuxedo and all. So basically, I had pretty much ignored the movie till fairly recently.

*Fast forward*

WALLACE:
"On Shrek, was it your intention all along to pattern Farquaad after John K?"

CAMP:
"I had wanted to do that almost since the day of the chase. While I was at Gemini, my idea of a John K-based villain didn't fit the stories, so I had to wait till after I got to DreamWorks and Shrek got the green light. At first, I did not expect Steven Spielberg to give me his blessing, so I was surprised when he actually said yes to my idea. I did not learn until later the extent of John's adversarial attitude towards the material Steve co-produced with Warner Bros in the early 90's."

WALLACE:
"So far, the Ren and Stimpy revival has become the ultimate comeback story in show business. Bob Camp says the DVD's of the original series will be released this coming September, along with a special edition release of the 1996 movie. I'm Mike Wallace for 60 Minutes."​

Status
Not open for further replies.