Map Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 439788

Mapblocked for ages and when I finally get the energy to make something, this happens. Typical :p

I figured since it seems like almost everyone else on this forum has done a parliamentary America, I might as well try my hand at it. The United Republic of America is a unitary parliamentary constitutional republic that has devolved power to nineteen constituent countries, each of which has a parliament of its own and is divided into a number of shires and independent cities. There is an electoral college, but it exists only to select the nation's consul, who serves as a powerless, entirely ceremonial head of state. The actual executive power, of course, lies with the Prime Minister, currently Veronica Meyers of the Conservative Party. She has had the rather dubious honor of leading the country in its exit from the Pan-American Union, a move that threatens to restart the Troubles in Acadia and sour relations with Canada. The United Republic Independence Party has gone from being very smug about the whole thing to fearing for its leaders' safety, as calls for a second referendum grow louder by the day. Though the future of the UR is unclear, it's certain that relations with the rest of the continent will continue to play an important role in it, for better or for worse.
Is Mexico the France of North America? What happened with the other four republics? I only recall three(?) republics along with one provisional government that was democratic OTL.

roosevelt partition.png

A quick map of Europe under the Roosevelt partition plan I did a while back

I am not sure It is possible, I suppose.
Also, what would the Iron Curtain look like?
Unlikely. The Yugoslavs and Czechoslovaks were ready and raring to invade when a Habsburg tried tot ale the throne in HUngary. The Czechoslovaks even tried making the Hungarians pay for the mobilization, just because some German came to try and take over Hungary.

I am fan of Habsburgs, Danubian monarchy and Winston Churchill, yet these borders I am founding total gore :D
Czechoslovak opinion against H. was really, really baaad. On the other hand, thats not problem after ww2. Stalins opinion on the other hand (ok, is it truth that there are other things which would make him really furious at that map...)

Taking a break from the fantasy world to show off something I've been working on for the last hour or two.
protestant poland.png

top left is population, top right is ethnicity. bottom left is religion, and bottom right will be political ideology.

Last edited:
Take away the UFOs, merge all the bases into one, and this would make an interesting Wolfenstein game, hell maybe even a Bioshock game.
Well, we already have UFOs *cough* The New Colossus *cough*

But, it would be awesome to see the Blackskovitz twins reek havoc in Antarctica, but in '80s style! *pew pew pew*

Not sure if this is the right thread but I couldn't find one explicitly for transit maps. Some (incredibly soft) AH from a world where, amongst many other things, cars never caught on beyond being luxury items.

Since their establishment by the Rationalist government in the 1920s, the Metropolitan Transport Authorities have been the bedrock of local transportation in the Kingdom of England. Plymouth MTA has one of the best reputations for urban and suburban rail in the country, with over 95% satisfaction rates. Shown below is the map of ironway services Plymouth MTA operates in and around the city. As is universal outside of Wales, the ironway infrastructure is entirely owned by the English Ironway Connexion, as are the major stations, but most of the stations are owned by the authority, as is the rolling stock, stabled primarily at the Blagdon Depot. Most recently, in 2014, the city took over the peak-only stopping service from Ivybridge to Plymouth Friary, and expanded it into a cross-city line running to St Germans. This also allowed them to take complete control of Plymouth Friary station, as now only very occasional EIC-operated trains make use of it, generally if a diversion from Central was required for any reason. There is not very much room for future expansion of the network, although there have been suggestions of stations at Sparkwell and Sandacre Bay should prospective housing developments come to fruition. With approaching thirty million journeys a year, Plymouth MTA Ironways has the third-highest ridership in the South-West, and these figures are on course to continue growing as the city expands further as part of its role as a relief port for overloaded Southampton.
Plymouth PTA Trains.png

Status
Not open for further replies.