New World: A Different Americas

Why are you (and everyone else for that matter) so averse to having an opportunity for a Nova Scotia that embraces both the Scots and Acadians? (I have to ask)
That'd be an interesting idea for a TL, and I think that someone else has done it (I can't remember the title right now), but that's not what this series is going for.

Alternate North America Map.png

Black and White Map of Alternate North America

Alternate North America Map.png

Non-Indigenous Languages of North America
Red = English
Yellow = Spanish
Blue = French
Green = Russian
Purple = English/French
Orange = English/Spanish
Tan = French/Spanish
Lime = Russian/English

Do you think Alyeska should be a monarchy? I'm not sure if living Romanovs would want to leave a comfortable exile in Paris or London for some frozen wasteland on the other side of the world.

Alternate South America Map.png

Black and White Map of South America
*Keep in mind that I don't know a whole lot about South America, especially in the interior, so suggest any corrections or improvements at will.

Alternate South America Map Languages.png

Non-Indigenous Language Map of South America
Yellow = Spanish
Green = Portuguese
Red = English
Blue = French
Gold = Dutch
Orange = Spanish/English
Tan = Spanish/Portuguese

Last edited:
View attachment 439664
Flag of the Kingdom of Alyeska
Eh, sorry 'bout the change of plans, but I think making Alyeska a republic would both be easier and quite plausible, since I don't think many Romanovs would want to leave a comfortable exile in Paris or London for some frozen wasteland on the other side of the world, rather preferring to wait it out and see if the Soviet regime falls (which it would in 1991, long after all of them are dead, and yes I am going to make history take a recognizable course ITTL).

upload_2019-2-12_20-39-37.png
Republic of Alyeska (Russian: республика аляска/Respublika Alyeska)
Capital/Largest City: Tsarskiygorod (OTL Anchorage)
Official Language: Russian

Denonym: Alyeskan
Formation: 1922
Population: 2,100,000
GDP: 115 Billion USD/54,762 Per Capita
Currency: Alyeskan Ruble
Driving Side: Right​

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-12_20-24-49.png
    upload_2019-2-12_20-24-49.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 290
Demographics of Alyeska
  • Population: 2,100,000
  • Largest Cities:
Tsarskiygorod (OTL Anchorage): 345,000 City Proper, 985,000 Urban Area.
Mednoviska (OTL Palmer): 60,000 City Proper, 115,000 Urban Area
Treugolnik (OTL Delta Junction): 40,000 City Proper, 85,000 Urban Area
Belyeparogi (OTL Whitehorse): 35,000 City Proper, 60,000 Urban Area
Novo Arkhangelsk (OTL Sitka): 40,000 City Proper, 50,000 Urban Area

• Ethnic Groups: European (mainly Russian): 73%, Asian: 11%, Native (Inuit/E****o, Aleut, Yupik etc.): 6%, Mixed (European/Native, European/Asian), 5% Other (Middle Eastern, African, Oceanic etc.)
  • Religion: Christian (mainly Eastern Orthodox, but also some Catholics and Protestants): 67%, Irreligious: 25%, Eastern Religions: 3%, Islam: 2%, Judaism: 2%, Other (Pagan, etc.): 1%.
  • Fertility Rate: 1.84 (2.1 is the replacement rate), 2.05 among Christians and 1.45 for Non-Religious.
  • Under 18: 18.7%, Over 65: 13.8%.

Last edited:
I'm going to have to construct a backstory for this TL, and if any of you would be willing to help that'd be great. Just run your ideas by me first, and we'll get on with it.

What's Florida like?
I've got to figure some things out, but here's my idea:
Historically a rural, agricultural country with a strained relationship with their northern neighbor (The Deep South) and struggles with corruption and authoritarianism, Florida has seen a surge of urbanization, tourism and wealth in the past half a century, although there are still many poor people and tensions both domestically and internationally.

Once again, I got to work on the backstory for this world, and help with this TL would be greatly appreciated (just run your ideas past me first).