Request Maps/Flags Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think YOU quite understand.
I know it takes place in N America and from an alt Civil War. What I'm asking for is where and why. The founding affects the symbols the "obcidentists" would use.
The Midwest, their are Founded in the Midwest and Because their Free-Soiler Populist.

*Sigh*

Why was so hard for figue that something has West in name, clearly whole thread settle up the North and The west didn't united like did our TL. What could that possibly might refer to...

Why you acting like this? It really bumming me out, this shouldn't be hard to get what basically put into the intro post

Last edited:
@Alienspacebats
I had just finished my design and then I came back and saw you had edited your post.

What annoyed me was rather than clearly spelling out your request you put a link to a thread that didn't clearly spell it out either. One had to tease out that it was probably midwest and might be based in the Free Soil Party. And then when asked about it you complained that I didn't get what you said from the get go, that the OP should have been self evident. Well, it wasn't.

So, thanks to the extra words, I'm going to echo the drama and flounce out this thread for a few hours without providing anything.

I apologise if I've annoyed anyone else who are reading my posts.

I can't believe people can come to a thread, where people take requests for free, but still feel like they have the ability to complain when they're asked questions about what they expect from the design.

It's free art, lads.

but still feel like they have the ability to complain when they're asked questions about what they expect from the design.
Well, It thought I didn't think that make sense since but they who had already known...

Didn't I just said, I wouldn't have done normally and you know that

Well, It thought I didn't think that make sense since but they who had already known...

Didn't I just said, I wouldn't have done normally and you know that
I'm just saying, it doesn't make sense to me to get mad at the Professor for him asking for more details, and ontop of that, asking someone to dig through a thread of details probably wasn't a good choice. Just should've told him what you wanted, quoted the relevant details, given it upfront instead of making him jump through hoops.

That's just me though. Just throwing my two cents out there.

Last edited:
...right, so I'll just ignore the drama and post the design I made as per @Alienspacebats 's request, based on what I can glean from the thread he linked:

VkBae3W.png

Orange and black for mutualism and a white bend for the Mississippi River. Defacing the field and orderly is a green star, symbolizing the Greenback Party, circumscribed by a larger white star, symbolizing in turn the "free state" as a whole -- not too confident on the color for the star, but it looks decent enough I guess.

That said, it is poor form not to answer clarifications for designs in this thread. You can make our jobs easier and avoid antagonizing people by providing the details for your design beforehand.

I'm just saying, it doesn't make sense to me to get mad at the Professor for him asking for more details, and ontop of that, asking someone to dig through a thread of details probably wasn't a good choice. Just should've told him what you wanted, quoted the relevant details, given it upfront instead of making him just through hoops.

That's just me though. Just throwing my two cents out there.
It doesn't matter, it already been done.

If it helps, this alternate Arizona is called Xiānrénzhangzhīdì (仙人掌之地), or 'land of cacti'.

unknown.png

Which dynasty colonized Arizona, how do you feel about Chinese characters on flags a la the Ming, and does OTL Arizona's flag have some good elements?

Apologies for the battery of questions, but getting the design more lore-compliant is always good IMO.

Which dynasty colonized Arizona, how do you feel about Chinese characters on flags a la the Ming, and does OTL Arizona's flag have some good elements?

Apologies for the battery of questions, but getting the design more lore-compliant is always good IMO.

I was planning to have the Chinese dynasty from which settlers would arrive in Arizona (and the West Coast at large) be intentionally vague, but there would be parallels to the Southern Song. As for Chinese characters being on the flag, that's fine by me.
For OTL Arizona's flag having good elements, the flag's goldish star is meant to represent the state's copper industry, while it's red and yellow rays are for symbolizing it's gorgeous sunrises/sunsets. The blue on the flag apparently depicts the Colorado River (or as its known as in this ATL, the Lěngquèhé).

Status
Not open for further replies.