Alternate Electoral Maps III

Did Gore really do so poorly in that debate?

I mean, they apparently thought California and Illinois were Lean R x'D

WV was fairly Democratic pre-2000, though

I don’t see a reason why it wouldn’t vote Dem in 2000 if the ticket was right

If it was 2012, then there’d be more reason to complain

I think West Virginia could have conceivably gone Democratic in 2012, if John Edwards had been the D nominee in 2008 and his little scandal somehow never came out, and he was a popular incumbent by 2012.

Barlonatarian General Election, 2010
kbBHcPN.png

Progressive Party: 32,182 (50.99%) - 33 Seats
Nationalist Party: 30,926 (49.01%) - 29 Seats

Government: Progressive Majority

Did Gore really do so poorly in that debate?

I mean, they apparently thought California and Illinois were Lean R x'D

I think West Virginia could have conceivably gone Democratic in 2012, if John Edwards had been the D nominee in 2008 and his little scandal somehow never came out, and he was a popular incumbent by 2012.
RCP were (are?) Republican hacks. They consistently added like 8 points to Bush's totals.

kerryuse.PNG

Kerry wins in 2004 with a shift of roughly 160 thousand votes in Nevada, New Mexico, and Ohio. ITTL he loses the popular vote but wins in EC.

genusmap.php

Republican: Governor George Bush (TX)/General Collin Powell (NY): 342 Electoral Votes,48.07% Popular
Democratic: Vice President AL Gore (TN)/Senator Joe Lieberman (CT): 196 Electoral Votes,47.71% Popular
Green: Activist Ralph Nader (CT)/Activist Winnoa LaDuke (CA): 0 Electoral Votes,2.53% Popular
Reform: Television personality Pat Buchanan (VA)/Activist Ezola Foster (CA): 0 Electoral Votes,1.69% Popular

Based on a American Campaign Trail Game I played a few months ago.

Last edited:
genusmap.php

Bill Clinton - 259 electoral votes / 36 percent popular vote
George Bush - 268 electoral votes / 36 percent popular vote
Ross perot - 11 electoral votes / 27 percent popular vote

Montana goes to Perot by 18 votes and throws the election to the house

genusmap.php

This is from an alternate timeline I imagined up. can you guess what causes this?
From the looks of it, I am assuming an alternate reality in which Reconstruction is successful, with black voters delivering the South to the Republicans, and New England remaining steadfastly in their camp? At the same time, I would guess that Democrats become the Party of Bryan, fixing themselves in Appalachia, the Midwest, and West.

Also, did you see my question on the other Alternate Electoral Maps thread?

[QUOTE="Calthrina950, post: 18435081, member: 106644]

Also, did you see my question on the other Alternate Electoral Maps thread?[/QUOTE]

No, what was your question?

Also, your theory is pretty close to what I envisioned. in this timeline, Reconstruction is successful and Democrats are forced to appeal to both Southern whites and Southern blacks, so the Solid South remains solid for much longer than it did IOTL, and after a realignment, both white and black Southerners switch to the GOP in near equal numbers while they maintain their support in the Northeast.