WIP Map Thread

Isaac Beach

Banned
This is basically done, I'm just doing the writeup which will take some time, and deciding if I wanna put 'greenery' on the map, I'unno. But I don't think the finished product is too revealing about the lore behind the planet itself, so I'm happy to share it for the time being. More to come!

Planet.png

If there's one thing I'm good at, it's creating names for any administrative region imaginable

I volunteer!

So we have Japan in the West, Italy in the Southwest, France in the Appalachians, GB with the South and Northeast/Midwest, Belgium with a small chunk of new England, and an International NYC. I've been having trouble francifying the Appalachian city names, beyond 'burg->bourg', especially cause a lot of the names already end in '-ville'

Screenshot (40).png

Is... is that an Italian Texas?

Si

ST15RM

Banned
So we have Japan in the West, Italy in the Southwest, France in the Appalachians, GB with the South and Northeast/Midwest, Belgium with a small chunk of new England, and an International NYC. I've been having trouble francifying the Appalachian city names, beyond 'burg->bourg', especially cause a lot of the names already end in '-ville'

View attachment 439108

Si
upload_2019-2-8_18-2-55.png

this good?

If you want I can help with the francification for the French and Belgian parts.

A WIP (obviously) I think the premise is Europe is swept by alt-communism and North America is the refuge of royalist/anti-communist governments. The Brazil color in North America is the descendant of a stratocratic republic in Portugal while *Mexico is a set of landowners gone Rhodesian as Spain fell to communism and took Portugal. The same with English Central America, though I'm thinking the British communist state is even less centralized and with semi-independent Welsh and Scottish republics.

randommap.png

Yeah, that's Armenia. I'm half tempted to have it ruled by the House of Kardashian...
Fortunately, my lack of knowledge of american popculture save me before full understanding of sheer terror of this idea :D
Btw don´t you want start your own map thread/deviantart account or something else were would be possible to find your maps?

Fortunately, my lack of knowledge of american popculture save me before full understanding of sheer terror of this idea :D
Btw don´t you want start your own map thread/deviantart account or something else were would be possible to find your maps?
I do have a deviantart account here.

By the way could these borders in Zaire and Tanganyika (mhm, and Angola maybe :d) work? Please ignore the rest, isn´t finished.
Anglo-German - kopie.png

Yet more work. Any thoughts?

This is my feedback and style, I'm not saying this is the one correct way to do it.

1) For the Alaska+BC territory, the border is weird. I recommend you use a combination of longitude and latitude lines plus rivers, since that's what the (European) powers demarcating the American territories used.

2) Europe looks good, but I'm a bit unsure about the purple blob where Venice is. If you have a HRE, the more logical (and aesthetic) border would be more south-looking. Venice was decidedly a maritime power, it would not have means or motive to extend its reach that far inland, especially in such rough terrain.

3) I'm assuming the gray part of Africa is still WIP.

4) You should separate the Ethiopian and Somali parts of Africa on ethno-religious lines.

5) The Sahelian African state looks a bit blobby and weird. If you tell me what your ideas were for it, I can help you further.

6) I like Asia. Good attention to detail on Turkestan.