xnkeSvb.png

Glad to see there is quite a bit of interest in this, here's an update on my progress so far, please if you propose a state explain why it should be included as Im not very well versed in the history of many states, at the moment I am mainly using the list of US state partition proposals and my personal knowledge, just so you know if you don't explain your state and if you don't give me a way to do my own research it'll likely be rejected so please just do that (The exception would be if I could figure out a way to explain it in the context of this world). Thank you.

Also thank you @Michigan Mapper for making this

Fun project!

Proposal: Extend the southern Utah/northern Arizona border west through Nevada. That makes Las Vegas its own state.
Wpdms_arizona_new_mexico_territories_1863_idx.png

(From Wikipedia)
Explanation: When Arizona and New Mexico were finally divided, instead of what would become Las Vegas being given to Nevada, Nevada didn't want it (would draw the center away from Carson City).

In fact, you can do the same thing again:
462px-Nevada_Territory_in_1861.svg.png

(From Wikipedia)

Fun project!

Thanks! I think Clark County may be on the wikipedia list at same point to become its own state so a state of Vegas will definetely be a thing, and I was actually planning on using Nataqua so thats now 3 states out of Nevada, though it does look like a backwards L so maybe Ill use your west nevada idea to help that. Thanks for the suggestions!

I'd divide Virginia even further.
I think the Southwestern area of Virginia should go to West Virginia.

Already planning on further dividing Virginia with the southwest becoming it's own thing, what other ideas did you have?

Question, if that state in northernmost New Hampshire is supposed to be Indian Stream, why does it look so weird?

It is Indian Stream, how does it look weird?

How about North and South Dakota? (My idea is to see Lakota)

The issue here is that this is how many states could I fit into America so putting two states together will not help accomplish this

The southern border should follow the Connecticut River, but instead it seems to go straight east as soon as it hits Lake Francis

Heres a fix thats also a new update. Thank you for the help.
L6LMNOP.png

Last edited:
Here are some possible states that could be added:
yXe4eTe.png

Light Blue: Sitka, Proposed Jewish state.
Turquoise: Liberty, Proposal to split Washington after 2016 was vague but based on party lines. South West mostly voted Republican whilst North West mostly voted Democrat so this could be split.
Red: Lakotah, Technically a proposed nation in 2007 for an independent Sioux nation.
Pale Yellow: Some kind of Navajo state, borders could be replaced with the Navajo Nation Reserve