Arab nationalism was never a thing in Morocco, so I doubt there would be much support for Naarist there. Also a paranoid Mohammed V is pretty much the opposite of his character.
Note taken. As for the Naarist movement, it primarily exists due to WWII, although as previously stated it’s smaller than the rest of North Africa. I will admit that some stuff fell through the cracks in my research with regards to Muhammad V, so I’m probably gonna address that by writing it off as being an issue with other members of his regime. Thanks for the criticism though.

Note taken. As for the Naarist movement, it primarily exists due to WWII, although as previously stated it’s smaller than the rest of North Africa. I will admit that some stuff fell through the cracks in my research with regards to Muhammad V, so I’m probably gonna address that by writing it off as being an issue with other members of his regime. Thanks for the criticism though.
OTL Hassan II. would fit more as the paranoid king. During his rule the moroccan government promoted (non-berber) moroccan nationalism and if it wasn't for Jerusalem they wouldn't have cared about the mideast. They saw morocco as a mix of Africa and Europe but with arabic as a unifying language.
By the way did moroccan jews leave Morocco?

Last edited:
So what's the status of Palestinians in this timeline? Yes, Israel was still formed, and by the pseudo-McCarthyist witch-hunts revealing that the head witch-hunter was an (Israeli militia) terrorist himself, there's clearly been signs of Arab-on-Israeli violence and vice-versa. Yet with more cordial Arabian-Israeli relations, one can imagine the Palestinians have an easier time than they did IOTL. Yes, I'd imagine some immigration happened, but judging by the absence of screams to remove Israel at all costs, it was not a mass exodus/displacement.

What's the status of the following?
Abdul Haleem Hafiz
Umm Kulthuum
Mohammed Abdulwahhab
Farid Al-Atrash
Fayrouz
Yousef Al-Azma
Nouri Said
Edward Said (not related to above)
George Habash
Bashir Gmayyil
Ariel Sharon

So what's the status of Palestinians in this timeline? Yes, Israel was still formed, and by the pseudo-McCarthyist witch-hunts revealing that the head witch-hunter was an (Israeli militia) terrorist himself, there's clearly been signs of Arab-on-Israeli violence and vice-versa. Yet with more cordial Arabian-Israeli relations, one can imagine the Palestinians have an easier time than they did IOTL. Yes, I'd imagine some immigration happened, but judging by the absence of screams to remove Israel at all costs, it was not a mass exodus/displacement.

What's the status of the following?
Abdul Haleem Hafiz
Umm Kulthuum
Mohammed Abdulwahhab
Farid Al-Atrash
Fayrouz
Yousef Al-Azma
Nouri Said
Edward Said (not related to above)
George Habash
Bashir Gmayyil
Ariel Sharon
Most of what their was of the conflict kinda whithered away and they tend to get along. There was no Nakba event in this TL which also helps, and many of the riots that eventually escalated into the greater conflict were completely stamped out. Israel in this timeline is founded upon a mutual agreement with the Arabs rather than conflict with them, and as a result Israeli society is a lot more egalitarian, including a constitution with equal rights and a declaration of independence that is less about Jews specifically and more about both people (for the record, I should establish now that I’m by no means a Likud apologist). A lot of OTL Palestinian figures may be featured as Israeli politicians. I know so far I’ve really mainly focused on El Zoubi who OTL was an Arab Zionist politician, but I plan to go more into that in the future. Abbas for example is going to likely appear as a left-wing political figure. Arafat’s an exception because he was pretty much born and raised in Egypt OTL and without an I/P conflict he has no reason to come to the land of 3/4ths of his grandparents as a liberator. He still does have a chip on his shoulder, but that is primarily due to stuff relating to Naarism, and as a result his character will be radically different and see him becoming a major Naarist figure instead as I have alluded to.

Maybe the classic Ottoman crescent and Star But the crescent is a sickle with a hammer ?
Something like this?:

upload_2019-2-7_11-8-35.png

Also in terms of other flags, the UAS flag is the flag of the Arab Revolt and Egypt pretty much has the flag that it had 1952-1958 OTL since it never entered into its union with Syria.

Although I will point out that the Crescent itself is actually a Turkish symbol, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it became a Muslim symbol because of the Ottomans.
It started out as a Turkish symbol, but it no longer is. It’s been so associated with Islam that I find it hard to see a government that is state atheist keeping it on their flag.