An Examination of Extra-Universal Systems of Government

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have an idea for a nation where the leadership is decided by sport.

So the country (say Australia) has a competition and the person who wins the most become the nations leader, maybe they can work in teams and the wining team becomes the government, with the best individual being leader

So I have an idea for a nation where the leadership is decided by sport.

So the country (say Australia) has a competition and the person who wins the most become the nations leader, maybe they can work in teams and the wining team becomes the government, with the best individual being leader
If it were Cricket, it really would make keeping the Ashes a much more interesting event...

So, I was looking through the internet when I saw this interesting scenario pop up. After looking at it, I began to wonder how a Jewish homeland in Ireland of all places would function. Would it become two republics in one nation, similar to how Republika Srpska and the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina are different entities which are both parts of Bosnia? Or would it become a Jewish-dominated state similar to the Jewish Autonomous Oblast in Soviet Russia? Judging how @Ephraim Ben Raphael based an entire scenario off a political AH scenario, I might write something inspired by the image below.

ireland_as_palestine.jpg

So, I was looking through the internet when I saw this interesting scenario pop up. After looking at it, I began to wonder how a Jewish homeland in Ireland of all places would function. Would it become two republics in one nation, similar to how Republika Srpska and the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina are different entities which are both parts of Bosnia? Or would it become a Jewish-dominated state similar to the Jewish Autonomous Oblast in Soviet Russia? Judging how @Ephraim Ben Raphael based an entire scenario off a political AH scenario, I might write something inspired by the image below.

That's one way to make the Irish troubles.... even more interesting. What did you have in mind? And how would it reflect a specific form of government?

ireland_as_palestine.jpg
Can't believe that I'm responding to this...

I appreciate that you've got West Bank and Gaza Strip equivalences but the Gaza Strip equilvalent is neither particularly populated or connected with a place where a defending power would be able to support it (as Egypt was iOTL) Similarly the West Bank Equivalent would have had no reason to be separated in the 1948 equilvalent anyway...

Can't believe that I'm responding to this...

I appreciate that you've got West Bank and Gaza Strip equivalences but the Gaza Strip equilvalent is neither particularly populated or connected with a place where a defending power would be able to support it (as Egypt was iOTL) Similarly the West Bank Equivalent would have had no reason to be separated in the 1948 equilvalent anyway...
The map was used as a platform that inspired the idea of an Irish Jewish homeland.

Don't be a pedantic ass.

I was always under the impression that people accused of pedantry were so accused because what they had to say amounted to little more than nitpicking which did nothing to contribute to the overall discussion. I believe this is how most use the term, but naraht's points clearly added to the discussion because they change the whole context of the image.

The United States of America never buys Alaska eventually leading to the surviving members of the Romanov's and the white army to flee there following an alternate Communist Revolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.