Sports What Ifs.

Problem is transportation to and from Hawaii would cost too much
Not much a fly from NY to west coast and viceversa, plus having a team would help to fly them regullary, i think even players would like if the games end near their bye week.

Please forgive me if this has been brought up before, but...

If the Lakers stay in Minnesota and LA gets an expansion team, what would the team be called?

Please forgive me if this has been brought up before, but...

If the Lakers stay in Minnesota and LA gets an expansion team, what would the team be called?
The obvious choice would be the Stars, other names could be Gauchos, Rancheros, Amigos, Quakes, and Diablos.

You wanted the greatest sports what if? (By Great I mean least likely to EVER happen)

What if the Detroit Lions... Got to the SuperBowl?

I didn’t say win because I figured that is pretty much ASB...

The Detroit Lions, Rebuilding for 62 years...

The obvious choice would be the Stars, other names could be Gauchos, Rancheros, Amigos, Quakes, and Diablos.

I would have to say stars, but I think the Warriors would have moved there instead of the Bay Area if it was open. Then, it would have been SF with the expansion team.

Two more good names for LA teams: Directors and Producers.

Last edited:
Last night, when I was watching the 30 for 30 episode called The Two Bills (about Belichick and Parcells), I learned that Jimmy Johnson offered Belichick the DC job with the Dolphins in 1996 before he decided to go to New England to work again with Parcells.

After seeing that part, it occurred to me that Bill may have been the one to replace Jimmy Johnson with the Dolphins in 2000 as HC instead of Dave Wannstedt. Imagine how different the NFL would have been with Belichick in Miami for several years instead of New England.

Last night, when I was watching the 30 for 30 episode called The Two Bills (about Belichick and Parcells), I learned that Jimmy Johnson offered Belichick the DC job with the Dolphins in 1996 before he decided to go to New England to work again with Parcells.

After seeing that part, it occurred to me that Bill may have been the one to replace Jimmy Johnson with the Dolphins in 2000 as HC instead of Dave Wannstedt. Imagine how different the NFL would have been with Belichick in Miami for several years instead of New England.

You mean...I could be an insufferable asshole with six more rings to my team’s collection and treat “Brady/Brees/whoever is the GOAT” as indisputable fact rather than bullshit opinion instead of those dipshit Pats fans if only Jimmy J could have been more persuasive than a heaping pile of elephant dung? (Or Parcells could hang around as Dolphins GM and bring Darth Hoodie there instead?)

Hmmm...my eternal soul as a football fan for six rings?

Wait - if the Fins botched the ‘07 perfect season, I might have shot myself.

Seriously, did you just think “I wonder how I can ruin that poor bastard Zoidberg’s day?” when you posted this?

I need a fucking drink.

You mean...I could be an insufferable asshole with six more rings to my team’s collection and treat “Brady/Brees/whoever is the GOAT” as indisputable fact rather than bullshit opinion instead of those dipshit Pats fans if only Jimmy J could have been more persuasive than a heaping pile of elephant dung? (Or Parcells could hang around as Dolphins GM and bring Darth Hoodie there instead?)

Hmmm...my eternal soul as a football fan for six rings?

Wait - if the Fins botched the ‘07 perfect season, I might have shot myself.

Seriously, did you just think “I wonder how I can ruin that poor bastard Zoidberg’s day?” when you posted this?

I need a fucking drink.

If Belichick would have been at Miami, the QB would probably have been Brees (Brady still is drafted by NE because Bobby Grier drafted him, but without Belichick, Ernie Adams, and their spy equipment, he only lasts a few seasons), unless they decide to take a chance on an undrafted FA in 2003 by the name of Tony Romo.

If Belichick would have been at Miami, the QB would probably have been Brees (Brady still is drafted by NE because Bobby Grier drafted him, but without Belichick, Ernie Adams, and their spy equipment, he only lasts a few seasons), unless they decide to take a chance on an undrafted FA in 2003 by the name of Tony Romo.
I think the dolphins might have landed Brees too if BB like him enough, Brady might have to work with caroll or frank beamer(there was a rumour he was plan b have BB have stayed with the jets) in new england instead? your two cents @Colonel Zoidberg ? is him or wait till 2004 for one of the big three(or matt schaub)

I think the dolphins might have landed Brees too if BB like him enough, Brady might have to work with caroll or frank beamer(there was a rumour he was plan b have BB have stayed with the jets) in new england instead? your two cents @Colonel Zoidberg ? is him or wait till 2004 for one of the big three(or matt schaub)

Brady vs Brees. Hmm, great idea and would have been awesome for the year-in-year-out battles for the East. Carroll would never have worked with Brady as we know him, though; Brady is wound too tight for a loosened-up guy like Carroll (I read about how he does all sorts of different things like yoga to help the Seahawks; it was part and parcel of the Dolphins when I wrote Cool Brees and Chill as a counterpart to the uptight Patriots.

Of course, Belichick-Brees versus Carroll-Brady would be interesting - each with a firebrand and a more relaxed character.

Of course, Belichick-Brees versus Carroll-Brady would be interesting - each with a firebrand and a more relaxed character.
Yeah that would be interesting, unique and a contrasct each team...lets say JJ got bellichik, with him rather the disaster against jacksonville is a more subdue loss, but a loss, so bellichick and later brees enter the stage...them what?

Yeah that would be interesting, unique and a contrasct each team...lets say JJ got bellichik, with him rather the disaster against jacksonville is a more subdue loss, but a loss, so bellichick and later brees enter the stage...them what?

Yeah, that Jags team was incredible, but also the team might have been better and drawn Tennessee in the opening game. They win, the Bills beat Seattle, and the Dolphins go to Indy instead of Jacksonville. Marino plays OK, the defense holds together, and the Dolphins get the upset, heading to Jacksonville where they...lose a mostly defensive battle, something like 21-10.

The wrinkle? Marino comes back in 2000. That season had the potential to be magic. Imagine if Marino goes out on top in 2000 and the Dolphins draft Brees in 2001 - holy shit do we have an awesome team. By now, the Pats and Dolphins would probably share about 6-7 more titles rather than the Pats dominating, and expect to hear the name Drew Bleeping Brees a lot.

Yeah, that Jags team was incredible, but also the team might have been better and drawn Tennessee in the opening game. They win, the Bills beat Seattle, and the Dolphins go to Indy instead of Jacksonville. Marino plays OK, the defense holds together, and the Dolphins get the upset, heading to Jacksonville where they...lose a mostly defensive battle, something like 21-10.

The wrinkle? Marino comes back in 2000. That season had the potential to be magic. Imagine if Marino goes out on top in 2000 and the Dolphins draft Brees in 2001 - holy shit do we have an awesome team. By now, the Pats and Dolphins would probably share about 6-7 more titles rather than the Pats dominating, and expect to hear the name Drew Bleeping Brees a lot.
The better timeline and the brady-brees duel will be epic. now...Chargers/Saints? Either Chargers got vick or just take a placeholder/keep flutie till get palmer or romo? maybe got ben or rivers as OTL? Saints? i would like the idea of Rodgers or if cards pick rodgers...a reborning kurt warner?

Thanks to the collab timeline, I'm Going to Disneyworld, I am wondering (ASB if need be) if the AFL chose to instead merge with the CFL to establish the North American Football League