TL-191: Yankee Joe - Uniforms, Weapons, and Vehicles of the U.S. Armed Forces

OTL A7V had no sponsons, A7VU prototype did but carrying cannon and at the rear

US design was something that turned out rather like the A7V, but was deployed months if not a year before the OTL Germans formed a committee to start investigating tanks. US design would likely be similar, as the Holt tractor used as a base is a US design, which would make sense for US to built off of. Of course some detail differences would creep in. Incidentally cortz#9 must have modified the design, because that is not the one in my folder as my Mk. 1 Barrel had no sponsons

For GWI light barrel, something like the Ford 3 ton was my old guess

Ford_3ton_5.jpg

e7abcc3db2f45959e5efadfc4f8692d2.gif

^^^ --- This thing, right? Well! I can understand why you said it was your old guess, if not your current one still. Fairly interesting design! An issue with it though is that, I think, its based off the FT-series of tanks, which would make it based off French designs. I think and argument can be made however that the US would try to make a light-tank series inspired by the FT --- perhaps they captured imported models on the frontline while fighting Confederates equipped with French-imported FT tanks, reverse engineered the design, and made something like the 3-Ton. Its not a bad idea though. Hell, I bet Custer would absolutely love the idea of a smaller, faster barrel.

What about the K-Wagen? That could be fodder for potential TL-191 heavy tanks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-Wagen

1*Zk56KFwdJWEYeAsHP5zteA.png

Right.jpg

^^^ --- That could be an interesting idea! The K-Wagen coming to life in TL-191 on the front lines. It was originally designed to be a breakthrough tank. Knowing Custer's mad obsession with the new machines, perhaps he would clamor for a way to get a few onto the battlefield. Would it be fodder? I think it would, yes. But would it at least see action? Probably! If Custer had his way with getting hundreds of American made A7Vs, perhaps a handful of K-Wagens made it in there too.

View attachment 437706
View attachment 437705

^^^ --- This thing, right? Well! I can understand why you said it was your old guess, if not your current one still. Fairly interesting design! An issue with it though is that, I think, its based off the FT-series of tanks, which would make it based off French designs. I think and argument can be made however that the US would try to make a light-tank series inspired by the FT --- perhaps they captured imported models on the frontline while fighting Confederates equipped with French-imported FT tanks, reverse engineered the design, and made something like the 3-Ton. Its not a bad idea though. Hell, I bet Custer would absolutely love the idea of a smaller, faster barrel.
I and my buddy Claymore both did alternate versions of this light tank, I'll see if I can find mine in my files.

This could easily be an early interwar attempt at a super heavy tanks by the United States.
f3b42c8077e9de8a87186dc0bcfa7760.jpg

You know with the majority of major oil deposits being either in Confederate hands or highly contested, along with Alaskan oil being undiscovered it wouldn't surprise me if Stanley and White steam cars were slightly more popular than OTL. With the army having commissioned there own variant during the First Great War.

PBB Sea Ranger.jpg
Fellows, a flying boat that the Navy could have operated ITTL...the Boeing PBB-1 Sea Ranger. Considered IOTL the best flying boat the Navy never bought, it was canceled to free up Boeing-Renton for B-29 production, after Hap Arnold agreed to divert B-24s from the AAF to the Navy for land-based patrol bombing and ASW missions. It used the same engines as the B-29 as well-another reason for cancellation...the gun turrets were used in the PB4Y-2 Privateer, though.

View attachment 437706
View attachment 437705

An alternate Ford 3 ton M1918 I did about a year ago for a request by @Jim Smitty, it has a 1,59 inch gun which is slightly lager than the OTL gun.

Ford-3-ton-tractor-m1918-w- 1.59-inch Breech-Loading Vickers Q.F. Gun.png

How likely would it have been for the United States to have a steam powered staff car during the interwar year similar to this. At the very least I can see custer using it.

Same for a jeep like vehicle based off of this.

How likely would it have been for the United States to have a steam powered staff car during the interwar year similar to this
Not likely. In the interwar years, the US annexed the oil-rich parts of the Confederacy and got all the resources of Canada. And even before the Great War, the US had oil reserves available in California and in the northern parts of Dakota (OTL North Dakota)

Okay I got an idea for a First Great War era Union barrel. A general boxxy shape with two large steel wheels at the front and Caterpillar tracks in the back, with heavy frontal cannon (that's possibly on a raised position) and a pair of smaller guns on the side.

Not likely. In the interwar years, the US annexed the oil-rich parts of the Confederacy and got all the resources of Canada. And even before the Great War, the US had oil reserves available in California and in the northern parts of Dakota (OTL North Dakota)
Shame. Though I think Custer might have commissioned one for himself during his time in Canada.

Okay I got an idea for a First Great War era Union barrel. A general boxxy shape with two large steel wheels at the front and Caterpillar tracks in the back, with heavy frontal cannon (that's possibly on a raised position) and a pair of smaller guns on the side.

Shame. Though I think Custer might have commissioned one for himself during his time in Canada.
Your idea sounds a lot like "Little Willie" and the "Lincoln Machine", only they put the wheels in the rear.
WWI-LITTLE-WILLIE.jpg
WWI-LINCOLN-MACHINE-LATE.jpg

I think I can draw something close to your idea using the Lincoln machine pic, so what your suggesting is something close to a halftrack but closer to a tank, any other suggestions?

Your idea sounds a lot like "Little Willie" and the "Lincoln Machine", only they put the wheels in the rear.
View attachment 438345 View attachment 438346

I think I can draw something close to your idea using the Lincoln machine pic, so what your suggesting is something close to a halftrack but closer to a tank, any other suggestions?
I was thinking that the hull shale could be reminiscent of the OTL German A7V along with the frontal gun being similar to later barrel busters/tank destroyers, maybe with it being on the right side.