Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

What I found the most disappointing about the last round is that nobody exploited the most obvious loophole. Yes, Wales has its northwesternmost island to host a capital city, but there are numerous big cities have feature some kind of île de la cité and I'd been cherished to see this. Or just turning Canary Wharf into a canal so that the Isle of Dogs to host an alternate Westminster. Would that have counted?

What I found the most disappointing about the last round is that nobody exploited the most obvious loophole. Yes, Wales has its northwesternmost island to host a capital city, but there are numerous big cities have feature some kind of île de la cité and I'd been cherished to see this. Or just turning Canary Wharf into a canal so that the Isle of Dogs to host an alternate Westminster. Would that have counted?
I did consider something like that but wasn't sure if it would count.

Congratulations to @Xibalba for winning MotF 189 with "Lands of the Crown of Sardinia"! We had a great set of maps last round, and I'm looking forward to seeing the entries for 190 - about a week left for anyone else who wants to enter.

Also, I see that nominations for the 2019 Turtledoves are open - if anyone has a favorite map that has been posted in the past year, consider nominating it for the "Best Map" award!

Alright, as promised (threatened?) here is the entry thread for MotF 191: Lost And Found. To be clear, entries are not required to match Turtledove's timeline, just the POD, so feel free to put your own spin on it. The voting thread for MotF 190 will be going up tomorrow morning, so about 8 hours left if anyone wants to squeeze in an entry for that.

Alright, as promised (threatened?) here is the entry thread for MotF 191: Lost And Found. To be clear, entries are not required to match Turtledove's timeline, just the POD, so feel free to put your own spin on it. The voting thread for MotF 190 will be going up tomorrow morning, so about 8 hours left if anyone wants to squeeze in an entry for that.

Should this be a world map or focused on the (former) United States?

Congratulations to @Reagent for winning MotF 190 with his map of Veracruz! And thank you to everyone who entered - we had a lot of great maps last round.

Just to gauge the status of the current round, who all has an entry in progress for MotF 191?

Also, it's not too early to discuss topics for future rounds. Some that I have in mind for 192 include:
  • To the Strongest - Make a map showing the aftermath of a disputed succession or succession crisis
  • Bread and Circuses - Make a map related to food or entertainment.
  • The Simple Life - Make a map showing a group, community, or place which has deliberately rejected certain technologies.
If you have a preference for one of these, or another contest suggestion, post it here!