Victoria II

Justinianus

Banned
Well, the problem is that it doesn’t get to 100% war score even with ridiculously high numbers of occupations, and they won’t sue for peace at any less than 80% or so.

:confused:

That's not what your post said. You said you had to occupy every province for an entire year, which just isn't the case. Indeed, I've won the civil war in just over a year from the 1861 start date.

:confused:

That's not what your post said. You said you had to occupy every province for an entire year, which just isn't the case. Indeed, I've won the civil war in just over a year from the 1861 start date.
This might be an HPM or HFM thing, honestly, since I don’t really play vanilla anymore these days. But what I meant is that I can sit on the Confederacy and keep it almost full-occupied for a long stretch of time without getting quite enough warscore to force a surrender.

Use the provid command. Then use the changeowner command ("changeowner [TAG] [province id]" - TAG is the three-letter code for the country you want to get the province, province id is the numeric code for the province. With the provid command entered, hovering the mouse over a province shows its id).

I really hope Victoria 3 is basically just Victoria 2 but with massive improvements to the au, economy and diplomacy, rather than getting dumbed down. Diplomacy (and AI) especially has always been paradoxs weak point and Vixtoria 2 especially suffers for an inflexible, short sighted and stupid ai.

That and the UI really sucks. Among other things it's an utter pain to keep track of all my armies (really wish I could make a standard template or a theater or whatnot( especially after they take casualties, and that plus better mechanics for say trench warfare and the evolution of technology (airplanes etc) would be neat.

Also I want to build the Hindenburg.

What are your highest industrial scores? What nation did you use, and how did you get it?

Mine's 9788 using the Russian Empire in the HFM mod. I plugged along as the 3rd Great Power with a piddling ~10 industrial score until the 1880s or so, pushing Liberal votes and Capitalists in my most populous provinces. When I finally liberated the Serfs and got Landed voting the Liberally minded aristocrats and capitalists immediately voted the Kadets into power, and then turbo-charged the economy by building factories everywhere. By the end of the game my best factory was a lvl.51 Lumbermill in Moscow, producing ~1.2k pounds profit.

I like to imagine that the 510,000 workers were out planting entire forests.

With Russia I always like to ally Prussia and do a quick war against Austria to liberate and sphere hungary then do the same to the Ottomans before the 19th century is done. But yeah once Russia gets going they're unstoppable, basically the only resource you lack is rubber, everything else you need is human capital.

I don't know about HFM, but in HPM it's possible to get rid of Russian serfdom within a year by cheesing the system. Just lose about 3 wars to Central Asian minors or whatever, and your militancy will be high enough that you can use the decision. You can use the same technique to abolish slavery (thus avoiding the civil war) in the US within a year in vanilla, though that's a bit more RNG dependent since the first event in the chain can fire just about anytime during the first year, and you can't abolish slavery pre-Civil War once it happens. Either way, it's kind of a funny way to get rid of a headache and get an earlier start off sorts.

In HPM, how the fuck do you even keep your clay as Mexico? Even if you beat Texas and prevent all those revolts from firing, it railroads you to sell your northern territories to the USA and if you refuse, they declare war on you.