TL-191: Yankee Joe - Uniforms, Weapons, and Vehicles of the U.S. Armed Forces

OK here are the Union barrels in order of their entering service from top to bottom.

I left out some of the barrels I posted, like the ones I did for TL's and some that I felt didn't fit in logically with the other barrels.
Will be posting Union Self Propelled Anti-Barrel Vehicles (tank destroyers) next.

Nice nice! Good to be getting some updated looks for these tanks! You even included and entirely new one! The Von Steuben! Or the Steuben! A good call back to the American Revolution where in this case US would name famous foreign officers. Might be interesting to name something after Pulaski then.

By the way, the B1 Scout is called a "car" and not a "tank" or "barrel". Not sure if that is intentional.

Nice nice! Good to be getting some updated looks for these tanks! You even included and entirely new one! The Von Steuben! Or the Steuben! A good call back to the American Revolution where in this case US would name famous foreign officers. Might be interesting to name something after Pulaski then.

By the way, the B1 Scout is called a "car" and not a "tank" or "barrel". Not sure if that is intentional.
Pulaski would be a good name, I'll keep it in mind for the future.
The B1 was called a "Car" IOTL, we can change it.

Gonna suck for Lafayette in my opinion. Would be cool to name a tank after him. Too bad too. 50 years after the independence of the United States, he took a tour around America and was greeted as a hero. This was in 1824 I believe, well before the point of divergence. Streets and places were named after him. I'm wondering if by the Second Great War in TL-191 Lafayette's legacy would be diminished... since, you know, he'd French, but also a major contributor to the Revolution.

A question for a different thread though.

Gonna suck for Lafayette in my opinion. Would be cool to name a tank after him. Too bad too. 50 years after the independence of the United States, he took a tour around America and was greeted as a hero. This was in 1824 I believe, well before the point of divergence. Streets and places were named after him. I'm wondering if by the Second Great War in TL-191 Lafayette's legacy would be diminished... since, you know, he'd French, but also a major contributor to the Revolution.

A question for a different thread though.
Maybe the CSA could name something after him? A ship maybe?

Maybe the CSA could name something after him? A ship maybe?

Possibly. The Confederates would obviously be more inclined to be Franco-philes rather than their northern cousins. The United States by contrast would be more friendly toward German, Polish, or even Italian people.

Possibly. The Confederates would obviously be more inclined to be Franco-philes rather than their northern cousins. The United States by contrast would be more friendly toward German, Polish, or even Italian people.
Wonder how the French Cajun population in Louisiana faired under Confederate rule?

Wonder how the French Cajun population in Louisiana faired under Confederate rule?
Interesting question, IIRC the Cajuns were much more liberal and less prejudice than the average Southerner of the time, I imagine most of them wouldn't have liked Featherston and he probably would've looked down on them as well.

Okay! Here is a short list of people I think could be suitable candidates for naming tanks after in TL-191, if you choose to do so.

Reference List - Potential Foreign Names for US Military AFVs, Etc. from the American Revolution

250px-Baron_von_Steuben_by_Ralph_Earl.jpeg

^^^ Friedrich Von Steuben --- German --- Prussian officer famed for being one of the "fathers" of the United States Army. Wounded twice in the Seven Years War he was one of only 13 officers chosen to participate in a special course of instruction delivered by Frederick the Great. Served as Inspector General of the Continental Army, greatly assisting in its organization and teaching the essentials of military drills and discipline. Owned a greyhound named "Azor" that accompanied him everywhere he went.

pulaski-1.jpg

^^^ Casimir Pulaski --- Polish --- Considered one of the "founding fathers" of the United States Cavalry. Exiled from Poland after a failed uprising against the Russians ,having his titles and rank stripped from him. He earned fame in the American Revolution at the Battle of Brandywine for preventing a disastrous rout and supposedly saving the life of George Washington. He died from grievous wounds suffered on the battlefield.

Kováts_Mihály.jpg

^^^ Michael Kovats --- Hungarian --- Along with Pulaski, he is considered a "founding father" of the United States Cavalry. Wrote a letter to Benjamin Franklin in Latin imploring him to go to America to fight in the Revolution. Aided General Pulaski is training and arming the men of the Pulaski Legion. Before service in America, he fought with the Prussian cavalry earned Prussia's highest military honor - the Pour le Merite, the famous "Blue Max".

Interesting question, IIRC the Cajuns were much more liberal and less prejudice than the average Southerner of the time, I imagine most of them wouldn't have liked Featherston and he probably would've looked down on them as well.
They may have also been Longist supporters in general which wouldn't gain them any favors during the Featherstone era. Wouldn't surprise me if the snake was planning on shipping them out of state eventually. Post war I could see them as the backbone of Union support in Louisiana with them getting all the choice bits of property from former Freedom Party supporters.

So, there's been this idea running around my head, and I'd like to know what you guys think. We all know that TL-191 is a massive universe, but the story is only being told by out POV characters. I want to make a thread where people come up with their own characters based on the guidelines of the 191 universe and tell their story.

So, there's been this idea running around my head, and I'd like to know what you guys think. We all know that TL-191 is a massive universe, but the story is only being told by out POV characters. I want to make a thread where people come up with their own characters based on the guidelines of the 191 universe and tell their story.
Interesting. If you do put up such a thread make sure to post a link here.

With the talk on Tl-191 and Days of Infamy going on I'm wondering if a thread on the events after Guns of the South could work.

View attachment 437644

^^^ --- Concept sketches of General Custer in the Great War, standing beside an American copy of the A7V.

https://www.deviantart.com/jakarnilson/art/191-Custer-sketches-evolution-50455384 <<< --- credit to JakarNilson on DeviantArt
Your post reminded me that a few years back I did an American copy of the A7v for RamscoopRaider. This version is a little bigger to serve the taller American soldiers and is armed with a 3,7mm cannon instead of the the OTL 57mm gun.
The US version also has sponsons with US copy of Maixm MG's.
0-91 A7v.gif

Your post reminded me that a few years back I did an American copy of the A7v for RamscoopRaider. This version is a little bigger to serve the taller American soldiers and is armed with a 3,7mm cannon instead of the the OTL 57mm gun.
The US version also has sponsons with US copy of Maixm MG's.

Nice! So you did make a US GWI style tank! Yeah, I imagine that the design wouldn't be that different to the German model, but the addition of the sponsons really makes it stand out. I don't think the German had sponsons on the side, right?

I'm pretty sure the A7V was the tank used by the Americans in the Great War, so this is pretty on point for me. I do recall, however, that the Americans had a... small turret of some kind? I just remember Morrell firing a mounted machine gun on top of one of the large tanks during his crossing Cumberland in 1917.

Not to say this design is wrong though, I actually thinks its accurate to the books. You think the US might have used a different style tank though? Another design to work alongside this one? The British had the Rhombus Mark Vs and Whippets, while the French had FTs and Saint-Chamonts. The Russians had... the Tsar Tank XD

Any thoughts on maybe a light tanks design for the Americans in GWI?

Nice! So you did make a US GWI style tank! Yeah, I imagine that the design wouldn't be that different to the German model, but the addition of the sponsons really makes it stand out. I don't think the German had sponsons on the side, right?

I'm pretty sure the A7V was the tank used by the Americans in the Great War, so this is pretty on point for me. I do recall, however, that the Americans had a... small turret of some kind? I just remember Morrell firing a mounted machine gun on top of one of the large tanks during his crossing Cumberland in 1917.

Not to say this design is wrong though, I actually thinks its accurate to the books. You think the US might have used a different style tank though? Another design to work alongside this one? The British had the Rhombus Mark Vs and Whippets, while the French had FTs and Saint-Chamonts. The Russians had... the Tsar Tank XD

Any thoughts on maybe a light tanks design for the Americans in GWI?
OTL A7V had no sponsons, A7VU prototype did but carrying cannon and at the rear

US design was something that turned out rather like the A7V, but was deployed months if not a year before the OTL Germans formed a committee to start investigating tanks. US design would likely be similar, as the Holt tractor used as a base is a US design, which would make sense for US to built off of. Of course some detail differences would creep in. Incidentally cortz#9 must have modified the design, because that is not the one in my folder as my Mk. 1 Barrel had no sponsons

For GWI light barrel, something like the Ford 3 ton was my old guess