WIP Map Thread

Well all hell broke loose... But the nuclear exchange seems relatively one sided, with the east bloc being nearly entirely destroyed as well as britain and germany, but the USA seems to have mostly survived,and france is alright... More importantly most of the other powers weren't really hit? Argentina, South Africa and especially the mujahed were not hit/almost not hit, that's weird..

What the fuck is happenning to australia? Indigenous revolt?
And soon will be worse, believe me...
US was more lucky and I was kinda lazy and want them make still a bit relevant, unlike USSR. France is ok because tried stay neutral for some time. Mujahed and Argentina weren´t relevant enough during nuclear exchange, and South Africa was more or less neutral, at that moment.

Confederacy.png

Trying to avoid a case of identical border syndrome in Africa any tips?

Last edited:
Ok guys, this is a map I actually DO intend to finish. The theme I'm going for is a combination of 1980s-90s trend projection, and a generally cyberpunk feel (that will come up more as I do Africa). A key feature of the map is a semi-realistic Japan Wank: Japan's geopolitical imperatives are to secure maritime food and petroleum supplies, as well as contain China. It's not going to pull off Debt of Honor-style attacks on America, unless America antagonizes it first.

Another key feature is a more muscular European Union. In this case, it arose to profit off the Soviet collapse, and secure the overland routes for access to Soviet (now Russian) raw materials. When Poland looked like it was going to be a turd in the punchbowl, a concerted intervention neutralized and partitioned it between Poland A and Poland B. The map also features a semi-realistic Germany Wank, because the theme is projecting forward trends and projections of an old era.

XXuhVIi.png

Ok guys, this is a map I actually DO intend to finish. The theme I'm going for is a combination of 1980s-90s trend projection, and a generally cyberpunk feel (that will come up more as I do Africa). A key feature of the map is a semi-realistic Japan Wank: Japan's geopolitical imperatives are to secure maritime food and petroleum supplies, as well as contain China. It's not going to pull off Debt of Honor-style attacks on America, unless America antagonizes it first.

Another key feature is a more muscular European Union. In this case, it arose to profit off the Soviet collapse, and secure the overland routes for access to Soviet (now Russian) raw materials. When Poland looked like it was going to be a turd in the punchbowl, a concerted intervention neutralized and partitioned it between Poland A and Poland B. The map also features a semi-realistic Germany Wank, because the theme is projecting forward trends and projections of an old era.

XXuhVIi.png

Nice, how did India get divided? Also I kinda don’t get the polish partition even if they get aggressive it’s unlikely Germany would actually partition Poland.

Isaac Beach

Banned
Brazil had a good century, no one would dispute they're a world power. Britain has a weird collection of dominions, though Canada's gone off to do its own thing and taken the American territories with it. Former Portuguese colonies are in an anti-colonial alliance. Russia's neutralised and actually doing pretty well. There's gonna be two maps, before and after the American Civil War.

Spanish America.png

Nice, how did India get divided? Also I kinda don’t get the polish partition even if they get aggressive it’s unlikely Germany would actually partition Poland.

So, in ATL, 1980s India actually did suspend democracy...for longer than expected. When the balance of payments crisis stuck, bad things happened, and it slowly degenerated into a failed state, and various secessionist impulses came to the fore. The South Indian states left, but did not themselves coalesce into a new union...because they knew that doing so would simply mean submitting to a Tamil-dominated regime.

North India itself looked to Japan for ballast to stabilize its crumbling state...and it got it, though it did have to make various economic and military concessions. Still, it clawed its way back from being a failed state, and that is impressive.

---

Tbh, the Poland thing was more of an aesthetic matter. In the new version of the map, I made Poland whole again (and put it in Germany's sphere).

I also thought of the idea of having "Germany," in the form of a mini-Mitteleuropa, straight up annex Poland A.

Last edited:
Chinese World WiP Iserlohn.png

An early WiP inspired by the recent Extra History series on Sun Yat-sen. The premise is that Song Jiaoren survives his assassination attempt in 1913, becomes prime minister, and a China-wank ensues. The map itself is set in the late 1970s or early 1980s, I'm not sure yet.

View attachment 436110

An early WiP inspired by the recent Extra History series on Sun Yat-sen. The premise is that Song Jiaoren survives his assassination attempt in 1913, becomes prime minister, and a China-wank ensues. The map itself is set in the late 1970s or early 1980s, I'm not sure yet.
Has Yuan Shikai died early or somehow surrendered peacefully? Because i can see Yuan and Song Jiaoren easily butting heads in an early civil war.
I think a China-screw would be a more likely scenario here, especially if Yuan Shikai is still alive and with the powerful Beiyang Army under his control -- Song would have to get support from someone to defeat him, and Japan seems like the most likely option, so he'd likely have to accept an alternate Twenty-One Demands from Okuma Shigenobu.
However, i can, in a sense, see China, stabler as a result of solid democracy and no/less warlordism, pressuring Japan a few decades after for the return of territories Song Jiaoren ceded, such as Manchuria and/or Qingdao.
I'm interested in how your map's gonna turn out, still.

Last edited:
Has Yuan Shikai died early or somehow surrendered peacefully? Because i can see Yuan and Song Jiaoren easily butting heads in an early civil war.
I think a China-screw would be a more likely scenario here, especially if Yuan Shikai is still alive and with the powerful Beiyang Army under his control -- Song would have to get support from someone to defeat him, and Japan seems like the most likely option, so he'd likely have to accept an alternate Twenty-One Demands from Okuma Shigenobu.
However, i can, in a sense, see China, stabler as a result of solid democracy and no/less warlordism, pressuring Japan a few decades after for the return of territories Song Jiaoren ceded, such as Manchuria and/or Qingdao.
I'm interested in how your map's gonna turn out, still.

I also envisioned Yuan Shikai to be gone from office (and dead before his time) soon after Song becomes PM. So that factor of instability is out of the picture. And honestly, one of the reasons why I decided for such a significant time skip from the POD is to avoid explaining in detail how China managed to do get through this difficult phase of its history.