The VT-BAM project

Also, so that it's ready for after Ecuador, I'd like to claim all the countries in West Africa to the west of Niger and Nigeria, excluding Morocco, Western Sahara and Ivory Coast.
So that's Mauritania, Mali, Senegal, Guinea(-Conakry), Burkina Faso, Togo and Benin.

Edit: Added Updated Claim Map

Claim Map.png

Last edited:
And now, with Ecuador finished, I must say goodbye to South America, and hello to West Africa.

Ecuador attached, along with all my progress as usual.

Narmatonia's South America - Part 1.png
Narmatonia's South America - Part 2.png

Ecuador.png

Fun Fact:
If you look closely at the Ecuador map, you can see a red bordered area in the middle (east of the large south-western bay), that's El Piedrero, a "Zona no Delimitada". Basically an area not part of any first-level division (province), due to a border dispute between two or more provinces.
Thankfully this is the only one left nowadays, but only a few years ago there were 4+ areas like this, most of which have now been resolved by local referendum.

First up, we have Togo and Benin :)

A couple more claims as well:
I've changed my mind and will add Côte d'Ivoire to the West Africa project.
And also Ghana, which was finished, but I've noticed that it uses defunct pre-2012 divisions which have since changed significantly, so in light of this I'm going to redo Ghana as well.

Togo and Benin.png

Updated Claim Map

Claim Map.png

Last edited:

ST15RM

Banned
First up, we have Togo and Benin :)

A few more claims as well:
I've changed my mind and will add Côte d'Ivoire to the West Africa project.
Sierra Leone seems to have only been done to second-level divisions, so I'm gonna do the third-level divisions.
And finally Ghana, which was finished, but I've noticed that it uses defunct pre-2012 divisions which have since changed significantly, so in light of this I'm going to redo Ghana as well.

View attachment 433817

Updated Claim Map

View attachment 433818
my work in Primorsky is outdated

https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/the-vt-bam-project.427414/page-79#post-18043453

Am I blind or is there no base map (actual base map with no countries) of the globe (equirectangular)? I presume you did the landmasses (all the islands, getting the geography right, etc), before you did countries/first/second level admin divisions?

Some threadmarks would really improve the nagivability of this thread.
The closest thing is the index (check the original post, not the quote), and while blank maps exist for all of the world, a global basemap can't exist due to the sheer size of it.

The closest thing is the index (check the original post, not the quote), and while blank maps exist for all of the world, a global basemap can't exist due to the sheer size of it.

The original post as in the one I linked that was quoted? Also I don't understand what you mean regarding too big? How large are we talking 1GB? There are plenty of images this big. You could share it with a torrent. I can't imagine that it's bigger than this. How many pixels wide is this monster?

Thanks for your assistance.

The original post as in the one I linked that was quoted? Also I don't understand what you mean regarding too big? How large are we talking 1GB? There are plenty of images this big. You could share it with a torrent. I can't imagine that it's bigger than this. How many pixels wide is this monster?

Thanks for your assistance.
Be my calculations, the highest it could possibly be (although it's almost CERTAIN to be smaller) is 7464.96 GB

It turns out that when your country is almost entirely desert, you're forced to use a lot of geometric shapes and straight lines to make your administrative divisions :p
Case in point Mauritania:
Mauritania.png

Someone else may have a more exact number, but by my calculation it is 21,600*43,200 pixels.

What's the method I can use to access the latest version of the file? Is there a google drive people edit or how is it done?

I'd like a base map high resolution version of Europe. I tried searching the thread but the maps are all shaded for claims or have adminstrative regions.

First off, I love the work you guys are doing on this project. Second, I modified your claim map slightly to create an alternate history world:
weird world.png

Keep up the good work!