The Campaign Trail Game Has Returned.

Playing 2000 as Gore on normal feels way harder than it needs to be. Any tips for a good campaign strategy?

-Bob Graham’s probably the best choice for running mate

-Sing Clinton’s praises, vow to continue his policies, and just generally tie yourself to his legacy

-Run a mainstream liberal campaign. Don’t be too shy on being liberal, but don’t go too far and get crazy ideas like advocating for single-payer healthcare. Also give a standard, establishment foreign policy platform.

-Shore up Florida particularly as far as campaigning goes. Visit frequently.

I just tried to do this, self-sabotage on impossible with George W Bush, and the best I could get was Gore winning all fifty states by over a 20% margin in the popular vote with Buchanan taking 7.5%.

I also tried the same thing with Gore, and in two attempts the best I could do was George W Bush winning all fifty states by over a 20% nationwide popular vote margin, with Nader taking 10%.

For information purposes, the historical record for nationwide popular vote percentage margin was Coolidge winning by 30% over Davis in 1924.

I just tried to do this, self-sabotage on impossible with George W Bush, and the best I could get was Gore winning all fifty states by over a 20% margin in the popular vote with Buchanan taking 7.5%.

I also tried the same thing with Gore, and in two attempts the best I could do was George W Bush winning all fifty states by over a 20% nationwide popular vote margin, with Nader taking 10%.

For information purposes, the historical record for nationwide popular vote percentage margin was Coolidge winning by 30% over Davis in 1924.
Harding had a wider margin of victory in 1920, actually.

Last edited:

I once got Buchanan winning Utah with a Bush sabotage, and you can get some solid Nadar results from Gore

I just looked it up and I stand corrected. Harding beat Cox by 26.2%. I had thought that Cox and Coolidge had done better in their respective elections.

As it turns out, Wikipedia has a sortable list. Here are the top six US presidential election nationwide popular vote percentage margins:

1920 Harding over Cox 26.2%

1924 Coolidge over Davis 25.2%

1936 FD Roosevelt over Landon 24.3%

1972 Nixon over McGovern 23.1%

1964 Johnson over Goldwater 22.6%

1904 T Roosevelt over Parker 18.8%

The highest raw vote nationwide popular vote margin, Obama over McCain in 2008 by 69.5 million votes, is something like 26th on the list in terms of national popular vote percentages, due to the magic of population growth.

I just looked it up and I stand corrected. Harding beat Cox by 26.2%. I had thought that Cox and Coolidge had done better in their respective elections.

The defeats of Cox and Davis seem even more horrific when one considers the extent to which their support was concentrated in the South.

I Destroyed Nixon as Humphrey holy shit

upload_2019-1-22_11-17-30.png

I won like 47% of the Popular Vote too