Pop Culture Timelines Go-To Thread

Another WI: WI Brian Wilson never sees the movie Seconds (1966) with Rock Hudson? IOTL, it made his mental breakdown worse, to the point that he ended SMiLE and thought that Phil Spector (who was an investor in the movie) was insulting him using the movie...

I am aware of Seconds, but never knew it made Brian Wilson's breakdown worse. Also unaware that Phil Spector invested in the movie. Onto 1969 now with my own TL and Brian doesn't have any part in it, but I am definitely reading up on that regardless because it sounds really interesting. If I ever get around to a music TL, I'd like to make Love You a Brian Wilson solo album as planned.

I like Brian Wilson. Purchased his latest autobiography last week and have yet to read it.

Richard Harris, Heath Ledger, Robin Williams, Edd Gould, Daniel Kyre, and many others all live longer/survive

You would have to go quite a way back for Richard Harris to live longer. I'm not saying it isn't doable, but it would require an earlier PoD where he cleans up. RH liked his booze a lot IOTL.

she would be cleaner that way?

Lindsay Lohan doing hard punk seems like a recipe for disaster. That said, I picture her brand of punk being more like Ashlee Simpson or Avril Lavigne. What a few music magazines in my teen years called "mall punk".

Has anyone made a Superman Lives thread
resized_JPEG_1545527937951_3889606310199841578.jpg

This Make returns looks like a Masterpiece
From all the information I learned about the movie Tim Burton's film would have been interesting. Possibly insane trainwreck interesting, but interesting nonetheless. J.J Abrams Superman flyby on the other hand would have been mediocre and insulting

From all the information I learned about the movie Tim Burton's film would have been interesting. Possibly insane trainwreck interesting, but interesting nonetheless. J.J Abrams Superman flyby on the other hand would have been mediocre and insulting
yeah at least so bad is good could be ITTL the room that another abrams rehash, now with more lens flare

yeah at least so bad is good could be ITTL the room that another abrams rehash, now with more lens flare
Not a complete rehash Abrams had 2 mystery boxes revealing
1. Krypton was never destroyed
2. Lex ( whose a Military General) was a Kryptonian sleeper agent

I would love a world where the zeitgeist of the 1980s never ended. New wave music, a fast and loose stock market, mullets, and John Hughes movies remain the norm for decades.

Arnold Schwarzenegger, Tom Cruise, and David Hasselhoff are still considered some of the most popular celebrities.

WI Friday the 13th was released, instead of May 9, 1980, on May 21, 1980--when The Empire Strikes Back was also released?

Effects, anyone?

(On a side note, talk about good timing for the Friday the 13th franchise; had it been released going up against The Empire Strikes Back, well, it wouldn't bode well...)

WI Shawn Michaels is killed/badly injured in a car accident in 1996? (I ask because Vince loved HBK in the mid-1990s)...)

Effects, anyone?

WI Linda Thorson isn't cast in the Avengers to replace Diana Rigg (they go with someone else or decide to cancel the series)? IMO, anyone following Diana Rigg in the Avengers was doomed to fail; Rigg was very popular as Emma Peel...

WI Linda Thorson isn't cast in the Avengers to replace Diana Rigg (they go with someone else or decide to cancel the series)? IMO, anyone following Diana Rigg in the Avengers was doomed to fail; Rigg was very popular as Emma Peel...
But was it actually Diana's decision to leave?

How about: What if Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) is different, and winds up being an actually good (or, dare I say it, great) game?

Any ideas?