PC: Rhodesian style state in Kenya

Agreed.

Also a worryingly high amount of Nazis on this site, given all the 'Germans win World War II' scenarios you get here.
Agreed.

They really have gotten out of control, I even hear that one of the mods wrote a “German Wins Stalingrad story”

These Nazis are out of control.

The difference between Kenya and Rhodesia, Britain couldn’t do any thing against Ian Smith, but could intervene to support majorit rule quite easily in Kenya.

Last edited:
What about New Deal Coalition Retained?
As someone who enjoyed reading that story the idea NDCR is racist is pretty darn controversial.

It could be described as a Conservative-Wank, but its not racist. Aside from possible events in South Africa which involved gradual emancipation.

As someone who enjoyed reading that story the idea NDCR is racist is pretty darn controversial.

It could be described as a Conservative-Wank, but its not racist. Aside from possible events in South Africa which involved gradual emancipation.
Nelson Mandela supporting Apartheid? A neo-Nazi as a morally good character who goes on to found a Third Position-y Russia? Nope.

Completely agree. In fact, most of the Nazi Victory TLs are usually highlighting how horrible and backwards they were. Just having a story that includes Nazis or Rhodesia doesn’t make the OP or the readers a bunch of white nationalists. I’m mixed and I don’t have any qualms about Nazi Victory TLs, as long as they aren’t glorifying them.
Same here and I'm Ethiopian - this is a bit concerning to see an assumption that people who come up with these scenarios are being referred to as "Nazis" and/or "White Nationalists".

I love how it only takes one person with more moral outrage than sense to completely derail what otherwise might have been a decent thread

OTL Kenya could easily have ended up dominated by White Kenyans, but the Mau Mau rebellion prevented that by demoralising the local whites to the degree they never bothered to try to make a Rhodesia-esque state.

Even so it would be a way to reduce the percentage of black people by large amount and gain a friendlier neighbor.

And a great way to avoid the problems of the Shifta War (it took OTL Kenya over a decade to subdue the region, since their military had a lot of trouble fighting the rebels--"shifta" means "bandit" and was used as a politically-loaded term). There were few whites there, so just give that land to Somalia, or maybe make a puppet state/"Bantustan" for the local Somali. There would be many who'd fall out with the central Somali government no doubt.

Oh, because it's all about context, isn't it.

A TL about a white-ruled Kenya is basically the same as calling for genocide of black people in Kenya, at least our friend @authenticity sees that. Ditto, WWII scenarios.

Sure there is merit in discussing, say, what event/POD that could have led to the apartheid policy continuing; or hypothesise from research and fiction on what life/German industrial policy/Spain in a Nazi controlled Europe would be.

But I ask myself how much intellectual stimulation there is in repeating a variation of what is implicitly just one simple and crude question: 'could this colony have remained in white control'? Void of details, counterfactuals or extrapolation (that in the end makes alternative history to what it is), I'm sure it is some self-indulgent stimuli - just not an intellectual one.

But I ask myself how much intellectual stimulation there is in repeating a variation of what is implicitly just one simple and crude question: 'could this colony have remained in white control'? Void of details, counterfactuals or extrapolation (that in the end makes alternative history to what it is), I'm sure it is some self-indulgent stimuli - just not an intellectual one.
I choose Kenya due to it's to the historical presence and dominion by a small group of white settlers during the 1950s .Also another reason I choose Kenya was due to areas which are favorable to European settlement and did have limited settlement due to the geography,climate, and lack of tsetse fly which extends into Tanzania.

The-Tsetse-Ecological-Distribution-TED-model-percentage-probability-map-overlaid-on-a.png

300px-Kenya_map_of_K%C3%B6ppen_climate_classification.svg.png

2190418_orig.gif

Last edited:
Macauly once wrote a great story based in such a setting. It was brilliant writing, but sadly when he was banned he took his work with him. Its times like these that I hate the absence of Counterfactual. net

The population of white settlers in Kenya only amounted to tens of thousands of people. They are outnumbered by millions of black natives. Do the math. There's no way in hell that a white-minority government can rule Kenya independently from the British Empire. This is just going to result in a bloody revolution that will make the Mau Mau Rebellion look tame by comparison.

Sure there is merit in discussing, say, what event/POD that could have led to the apartheid policy continuing; or hypothesise from research and fiction on what life/German industrial policy/Spain in a Nazi controlled Europe would be.

That's fine. But not sure there's a need to come a comment on the post and imply the poster is a white supremacist.