2018 Presidential Election

Would Elizabeth Clark be planning on trying for another run for the nomination in 2022?
Who knows, I can safely say Henry Shallick will not run again, and Hunter has made his pledge not to run. Also unlikely that Governor Boone soon to be Secretary of the Interior would also run (he was almost a certain contender if he had not taken the cabinet job).
South Carolina Governor Ethan Butler is up to re-election this November, if he wins he would be a strong contender. James Ritchie could run but seems unlikely after deciding against 2018.
The most important thing is though how this Democratic administration with a Republican VP and two other Republicans in it (three others if you count Kate Harper at VA) does. That will have a clear effect on who decides to run come December 2020/Jan/Feb 2021.

Last edited:
NBS.COM
Thursday January 10th 2019

Minnesota Governor Daniels appoints his own Lt. Governor Jones to the Senate

The office of Minnesota Governor Jarrod Daniels has confirmed that he has appointed his own Deputy, Lt. Governor Peggy Jones to replace Senator Jack Hunter who offered his resignation from the Senate after being elected to the Vice-Presidency last Friday.

Lt Governor Jones campaigning during the 2016 Gubernatorial race
th

(photo by Zoe McLellan-new casting)

Riley could run. Cassidy. Another couple of dark horses: Rob Buchanan, the newly elected senator from Virginia, and North Carolina governor McNamara.

Gaut I say is a good possibility to be this time-line’s Goldwater in 2022, now that would be an ideological battle of the ages!

A thought, I was watching a re-run of an episode of the West Wing, during the 2 part episode of where Josh, Donna & Toby get stranded after AF1 leaves them behind; Sam had been staffing Bartlet in Josh’s absence; Sam was in his office & Mallory saunters in! You could see the chemistry there; always hoped they would get serious & marry, I could imagine being in Sam’s life; was disappointed that she got written out of show!

Election 2019: Vermont headed for Gubernatorial Rematch as Lorton, Cleacy confirm runs

Montpelier, Vermont- It was a busy day for Vermont politics as both Democratic Governor Janet Lorton and State Secretary of Commerce Patrick Cleacy confirmed their intentions of launching their campaigns before the end of the month. in what is expected to be a sequel to their surprisingly cordial race four years ago. Cleacy, who has the proverbial "sacrificial lamb" in 2015, while once again take up that role. Despite the immense uphill battle before him, Mr. Cleacy told ACN's local affiliate that he's "hopeful and ready for a fight". Governor Lorton, who first took office on January 5th, 2008, is running for election to a 4th term as Governor. Should she win and serve her full term, she would be the 2nd longest serving Governor in United States history, behind only American Founding Father George Clinton, who served from 1777-1795 and 1801-1804. Neither candidate is expected to fact any opposition in their respective primaries.

ACN Poll:

Governor Janet Lorton- 61%
State Secretary of Commerce Patrick Cleacy- 29%
Other/Undecided- 10%

A thought, I was watching a re-run of an episode of the West Wing, during the 2 part episode of where Josh, Donna & Toby get stranded after AF1 leaves them behind; Sam had been staffing Bartlet in Josh’s absence; Sam was in his office & Mallory saunters in! You could see the chemistry there; always hoped they would get serious & marry, I could imagine being in Sam’s life; was disappointed that she got written out of show!
I would've loved to see Sam and Ainsley become a thing.

NBS.COM
Friday January 11th 2019

Joan Tanner to fill Energy Secretary role

The Seaborn transition team has confirmed this morning that Joan Tanner, who served as President Santos' EPA administrator will be nominated as Secretary of Energy. It has proved a difficult position to fill with we understand former Montana Governor Kurt Carner turning the job down earlier this week.

There are three Cabinet-level posts left to fill: Director of National Intelligence, Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers and Administrator of the Small Business Administration which a spokesman said they confirmed that they hopeful of confirming appointments over the weekend.

Confirmation hearing for the key posts at State, Treasury, Defense, Justice at likely to begin on this coming Monday.

Last edited:
The Seaborn transition effort has been pretty seamless & well organized, considering how traumatic & long drawn out the election process has been. Who is running the transition from the Seaborn side? Also still in the dark regarding C.J. Cregg’s future! Is she going to be a senior advisor or has she been shown the door?

NBS.COM
Friday January 11th 2019

Gault says he is "very unlikely to run" to President in 2022 in bizarre interview

Kansas Governor Peter Gault has told NBS in a interview to be broadcast on Saturday that he is "very unlikely" to run for the Republican Presidential nomination again, in 2022.

"I can't see the point, I gave it my best shot last year, but other forces where matched against me, the odds in the end where just to great", although pressed on this rather cryptic statement and refused to clarify what he meant by it.

He also addressed a website which is running a "What If" story based on Gault winning the nomination and Presidency last year. It has a web page much the same as the current Seaborn transition team website, along with a real time thread. "It's really weird and frankly a little bit nuts. These nerds need to get a life spending all there times thinking about something which never happened. I lost that's that I am not President and never will be".

See the full interview: "Peter Gault: The nearly man, this Saturday 9.PM EST on NBS.

As for Sam & Ainsley, maybe they had something going on outside White House hours, could imagine Mallory’s showing up around the time that Sam wrote the speech in response to the Kennison university pipe bombings, was likely motivated by jealousy, as she probably heard something on the grapevine! Just idle speculation! But all the same one does wonder!

So if Gault is taking himself out of the running, it seems more likely than not, that South Carolina Governor Ethan Butler might be in pole position to be the leading contender, that is conditional on how well he does in his re-election bid. Also, nothing is written in stone, and we might find out, that Shallick as well as Gault could change there minds. However, if Seaborn is unassailable regards 2022, GOP nod might go to Butler by default!

As for Sam & Ainsley, maybe they had something going on outside White House hours, could imagine Mallory’s showing up around the time that Sam wrote the speech in response to the Kennison university pipe bombings, was likely motivated by jealousy, as she probably heard something on the grapevine! Just idle speculation! But all the same one does wonder!
Oliver Babbish has run the transition team

Perfect choice, as he & Sam had a good working relationship during the Bartlet years. When was Babbish Attorney General? As I thought E. Bradford Shelton who was Santos’s Attorney General.

Perfect choice, as he & Sam had a good working relationship during the Bartlet years. When was Babbish Attorney General? As I thought E. Bradford Shelton who was Santos’s Attorney General.
I am not sure to be honest, have a look through the original thread, it's still hosted here. I can't remember every single appointment and job going back over a decade now.
CJ is still a "Senior Advisor" to the President (Elect).

I am not sure to be honest, have a look through the original thread, it's still hosted here. I can't remember every single appointment and job going back over a decade now.
CJ is still a "Senior Advisor" to the President (Elect).
Santos mentioned in the show that he intended to nominate Babbish to be Attorney General.