Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

Worthless opinion of Ivo: The United Baltic Duchy could be a much better nation in terms of focus trees, but instead it ends up as a doormat for Russia that is either flavored as German, Pan-Baltic, or status quo. There’s no interesting claims the nation can have, as far as I can tell, and there’s no interesting (read: meaningful) paths the nation can go down that changes gameplay in any specific way.

I’d love a “Memories of the Commune” focus tree line that would see the Duchy go syndicalist/totalist, but I digress.

I’m at school right now, or I’d write up an entire mock focus tree, but I think I’m going to once I get home.

While we’re on the topic of Russia, I think it would be great if Tsar Wrangel got his own unique focus tree where it shows him turning Russia into his own version of Napoleonic France, only with a bigger emphasis on militarism and the army dominating much of the government.

Holy
Mother
of
God

Is everyone else here? Sword of Justice, David, Fernando Torres? I cannot contact Asalto since his last AAR died...
I'm here too :3

Remember meee?

Worthless opinion of Ivo: The United Baltic Duchy could be a much better nation in terms of focus trees, but instead it ends up as a doormat for Russia that is either flavored as German, Pan-Baltic, or status quo. There’s no interesting claims the nation can have, as far as I can tell, and there’s no interesting (read: meaningful) paths the nation can go down that changes gameplay in any specific way.

I’d love a “Memories of the Commune” focus tree line that would see the Duchy go syndicalist/totalist, but I digress.

I’m at school right now, or I’d write up an entire mock focus tree, but I think I’m going to once I get home.
The problem with the UBD is that it's supposed to be the most limiting nation in the game on the grounds of lore. It's the 16th Imperial State as far as I am aware and it's technically a part of the German Empire, and only shown independent in the select screen because it's slightly more independent than your average Imperial State. No chance the Kaiser would let syndicalism frolic there.

The Pribaltika path, on the other hand, only exists (afaik) because it's a thing in DH and the UBD focus tree was written in the magical past period when KR for HoI4 was still largely considered a KRDH port instead of its own thing. It's why I added a Russophile path for Lithuania, too, even though I think it's just as unrealistic there (which is why I played around with it and had it be a Grand Ducal restoration)

The problem with the UBD is that it's supposed to be the most limiting nation in the game on the grounds of lore. It's the 16th Imperial State as far as I am aware and it's technically a part of the German Empire, and only shown independent in the select screen because it's slightly more independent than your average Imperial State. No chance the Kaiser would let syndicalism frolic there.

Maybe gate most of it behind the Kaiser being busy? Like if the war started.

Ithron? I remember you from the scenario with america being invaded by a ubersoviet union, but not from the Paradoxforum... UNless you are Ithron.
Lol, no, I'm not that guy. (I did write an America being invaded by the USSR timeline here, well, started on it and quickly dropped it)

Lol, no, I'm not that guy. (I did write an America being invaded by the USSR timeline here, well, started on it and quickly dropped it)

I... don't remember you from the paradox forum, sorry...

I do remember that scenario you dropped, however, and that was a shame because I loved it.

And the Norwegian campaign have been finished, it is quite cool
S7QUyc4.jpg

LkoEagp.jpg

i84SUyK.jpg

Vikdun Quisling?

Man, that's one dark timeline.

Well, he's not the same Quisling as in our timeline (at least not with the same ideals), he's not a national populist, but a Paternal Autocrat and a republican.

I think it says something about how frontloaded KR is, that you consider it finished in '39.

While I agree with that, this is a question of time to change, for example with Australasia, Brasil and other countries you can go until 1945 as long you keep a democracy and choose different parties.

The critic I have is that Norway is extremely dependent on manpower, and so I believe that there should be a mechanic like greece to spend political power or guns to core the newly taken territories.

Well, he's not the same Quisling as in our timeline (at least not with the same ideals), he's not a national populist, but a Paternal Autocrat and a republican.

While I agree with that, this is a question of time to change, for example with Australasia, Brasil and other countries you can go until 1945 as long you keep a democracy and choose different parties.

The critic I have is that Norway is extremely dependent on manpower, and so I believe that there should be a mechanic like greece to spend political power or guns to core the newly taken territories.

That's fair and I mainly agree, after all for so many countries in KRDH there are elections for up to 1963 but no other events outside of long term coring (Russia for NE China, Manchuria and Poland/Finland and Canada for New England and Alaska) after 1945.

Bulldoggus

Banned
Yeah, I get the sense that IOTL Quisling, sort of like Laval, was mostly a slimy little bastard who would happily serve any master for personal aggrandizement.

Ok, finished (due exaustion) this NP bolivia campaign

yR13nj9.jpg

nPV13HC.jpg

At the first I couldn't fire the coup event, until I found out with a help of a friend that I have to wait until 1938. After the nationalists took over I spent 2 years to complete the political tree and open the invasions one, I delivered a massive decaptating strike by encircling most of the Paraguayan army at the Chaco Boliviano, and then just walked without combat into Assunción... and this ended the campaign. I think that Bolivia should have a focus to enact the "Extensive conscription" or even the "Service by requeriment", because I cannot enact any of these two without being at war with something with way more manpower with me, and I cannot challenge Chile at first if I don't start with some manpower advantage. The conclusion I have is that the NatPop route is mostly a AI thing, because it is extremely fun to go for the president German and attack the Chaco and Chile right in 1936 and build a Great Bolivia, but after that everything turns into something very slow and your army with all the bonuses cannot surpass 100 thousand men with the limited conscription...

Is there a possibility for the CSA and the AUS to have a united front against Canadian invasion or something? Both groups should have enough pragmatism to understand its necessity.

Is there a possibility for the CSA and the AUS to have a united front against Canadian invasion or something? Both groups should have enough pragmatism to understand its necessity.

Given that they're ideologically utterly opposed...not really. Syndies and PSA, sure, but...not the AUS. Especially since the non-Long AUS leadership are insane ideologues...