Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

For comparison, here's what the rest of the thread says regarding an Axis victory (and yes I went through all 72 pages for this):
Alright, here's one:

Why look! It's everyone's favourite AH topic: Axis Victory! :D

View attachment 233204
1. Free State of Burgundy
2. Reichskommissariat Ostland
3. Reichskommissariat Ukraine
4. Reichskommissariat Moskowien
6. Reichsgau Gotenland

View attachment 233204

The maximum war aims of Germany in WWII with colonial envisions from "Hitler's Table Talk". Please note this scenario would have only taken place in a complete and total victory in Europe and a defeat of every single country who happened to be at war with Germany at the time (in other words, it's incredibly unlikely this entire scenario would have been put in place, rather just parts of it depending on what happened throughout the war and the peace that follows).

Thanks to SRegan for this incredible map!

View attachment 236242

Talking of world war II, how can we forget totentanz0's maps of the demented (and mutually contradictory) maximal war aims of the Axis powers?

Italy, for instance.

nuovo_impero_romano_by_totentanz0-d4zv66u.png

http://totentanz0.deviantart.com/art/Nuovo-Impero-Romano-302105622

I took a swing at making an M-BAM victorious Nazi Germany. Just an early WIP, I plan to add administrative subdivisions at some point:
View attachment 331810

View attachment 380135 View attachment 380136
Italy sure had big ambitions, didn't they? Man, if you thought Nazi Germany had some wild dreams.

View attachment 380342
Mussolini's Neo Roman Empire in worlda

View attachment 382106
And here we have Japan's ambitions for the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere.

UK19aO1.png

I took mild creative liberties with the puppets of Italy.

View attachment 404981
The Nazi plans for the occupation of Great Britain and Ireland, with the former nations divided up into six military-economic commands, and with Nazi command posts marked in red.

Anyone can feel free to turn it into a Worlda or (perhaps better for this) QBAM.

Please
The former honestly reads like a more conservative take on Kaiserreich, right down to Sternburgbooism. The latter reads like a more aggressive version of the TNO Mod.

Kosta

Banned
Has anyone ever successfully made a Q-Bam for the proposals of the Treaty of Sèvres? There's a 1919 Q-Bam out there, but I don't find it to be accurate at all. I've tried drawing everything by hand but it's proving to be too difficult and I don't trust just eyeballing it.

Here's the worst attempt ever
View attachment 427257

Those weird lines weren't what Turkey realisticaly hoped as peace borders, they are the frontlines at the time of armistice. Turkey's expectation and bargaining position was that it will be allowed to keep any land it still occupied after the armistice in middle east so during the last few days before the armistice was signed on 30 October 1918 while negotiations were still going on, British army break through the frontlines and made a rush against time to force Turks out of Aleppo and Mosul, they managed to force Turkish army to retreat just outside Aleppo and came very close to Mosul. I will try to find a map of Turkey's proposals for southern borders in 1919-1920 before they signed the border treaty with France in 1921, thats the modern border between Turkey and Syria besides the Hatay province which Turkey got from France in 1938-1939. Turkey also claimed Northern Iraq until 1926.

This red arrows shows British advance to Aleppo (Halep), Mosul (Musul) and Kirkuk (Kerkük) at the end of the war. Turkish southern front in Syria collapsed in mid-September 1918 and British and their Arap allies entered Damascus in 1 October and Beirut in 6 October as Turkish army steadily tried to pull back to form a stable new front and negotiate the armistice at the same time.

2-Suriye_ve_Irak_Cephaleri.jpg

Last edited:
This maps shows Turkish nationalist goverments claims according to 1918 armistice for southern Turkish border with Syria and Iraq in 1919-1920 period correctly, i will try to find a more detailed one from some books. Turkey strongly tried to claim this southern border including, Aleppo, Mosul and Kirkuk but eventually had to settle for much less, otherwise map isn't really correctly drawn. Turkey of course wished for Western Trace, Batum and Nakhchivan to join Turkey too but they were never realistic claims as Allies were trying to force the Sevres treaty on Turkey. Even Eastern Thrace and most of Western Turkey was under Greek ocupation at this point. Turkey was claiming back Batum, Kars and Ardahan provinces (lost in 1878 to Russia) according to Brest-Litovsk Treaty but had to pull out it's troops after the armistice. In 1920 after a brief war Turkey got back from Georgia and Armenia Kars -Ardahan provinces and negotiations with Soviet Union resulted creation of autonomous republics in Batum and Nakhchivan with Turkey eventually getting minority rights for Muslims in Western Thrace in 1923 peace treaty. Cyprus and Rhodes were still legally treated as Turkish territory but those claims and also most other Aegean island claims were not very realistic at this point and dropped during peace negotiations in 1923. Although map's borders shows some claims from Bulgaria and Iran too, I'm very sure Turkey didn't claims any lands from Bulgaria other than Western Thrace or had any claims from Iran after the end of the war in 1918.

basliksiz-1-1477223544.jpg

Last edited:
A proposal to move the population of Hong Kong to North Ireland:
And it was a real proposal.
'...when Britain handed back Hong Kong to China in 1997, there would be no future for its 5.5 million inhabitants.

The alternative, he suggested, was to resettle them in a new “city-state” to be established between Coleraine and Londonderry – a move, he said, which could revitalize the stagnant Northern Ireland economy...

George Fergusson, an official in the Northern Ireland Office...fired off a memorandum to a colleague in the Republic of Ireland Department of the Foreign Office, declaring: “At this stage, we see real advantages in taking the proposal seriously.”
'

A proposal to move the population of Hong Kong to North Ireland:
I would like to add to this a similar proposal by right-wing thinktank the Adam Smith Institute:
The Scotland Herald said:
20th June 1989
Scotland could be site of new Hong Kong, says study

A NEW Hong Kong could be created on the west coast of Scotland to provide the colony's residents with a haven from the Chinese takeover, according to a radical plan put forward yesterday.

Coastal sites in Wales or Cumbria are other possible options for a new colony, says the right-wing think tank, the Adam Smith Institute. It says Britain has a moral responsibility to help those among the 3,200,000 British passport holders frightened that recent events in Beijing may be repeated after the 1997 handover. There is no room in Britain's congested towns and cities and other countries would be unlikely to take a large number of refugees, argues the institute's domestic policy adviser Mr Douglas Mason. The answer is to allow Hong Kong residents who want to leave to duplicate their enterprise economy in a brand new colony in a sparsely-populated coastal site in Britain.

In a booklet out yesterday called A Home for Enterprise, Mr Mason--whose report on the poll tax in 1983 formed the basis for the Government's community charge -- suggests Wales, Cumbria, or Scotland. Scotland would be particularly appropriate given its long history of liberal economic thought, its record of racial tolerance, and its strong economic growth, he says.

The 150 to 200 square miles needed would make little impact on Scotland's extensive Atlantic seaboard, adds Mr Mason, currently in Hong Kong researching the idea. If half of those understood to be opposed to coming under Chinese rule chose to emigrate to Scotland, that would mean around one million people requiring more than 300,000 new homes, the report adds.

More than half the finance would come from the families themselves, Mr Mason estimates, but around #500m a year would be needed until 1997 to provide homes to rent for the rest. Another #500m would be required for infrastucture such as roads and utlilities and another #250m for industrial, commercial and community facilities, in which the private sector would participate. Any state money needed would be small compared with annual public expenditure running at some #200m and some of the capital cost should be borne by the Hong Kong government, the report suggests.

The Scottish Nationalist Party dismissed the idea, accusing the institute of regarding Scotland as a ''wilderness.'' But the small west coast island of Colonsay, population 114, showed a keen interest in the idea and said: ''Very interesting. Tell us more.'' In Edinburgh, SNP spokesman Mr Chris McLean said: ''It betrays the total contempt shown by people like the Adam Smith Institute if they view us as an unspoilt wilderness suitable for colonisation. ''We do feel very strongly that the UK should honour its obligations to Hong Kong British citizens. But to suggest you should dump them on some offshore island on the west coast is ridiculous.

''What is needed is for the UK and other countries to collectively look at how to honour their obligations, and we would like Scotland to play a part in that.''

A Home for Enterprise, by Douglas Mason is available from the Adam Smith Institute, PO Box 316, London SW1P 3DJ, price #9.
Ej9FGk.jpg

The architect of this proposal in an interview with a presumably Hong Kong TV channel. The subtitle says "Britons have a moral responsibility towards Hongkongers." As to why exactly upper-middle class Hong Kong expats would want to move to Northern Ireland at the height of the Troubles, or leave for the most desolate parts of Scotland, I have no clue.

I would like to add to this a similar proposal by right-wing thinktank the Adam Smith Institute:

Ej9FGk.jpg

The architect of this proposal in an interview with a presumably Hong Kong TV channel. The subtitle says "Britons have a moral responsibility towards Hongkongers." As to why exactly upper-middle class Hong Kong expats would want to move to Northern Ireland at the height of the Troubles, or leave for the most desolate parts of Scotland, I have no clue.

This just gets better and better.

I doubt breaking your own allies apart is a good idea...
Well, Germany was broken up into 4 anyway following the end of WWII. Presumably under this plan there would be an eventual attempt to unite the occupation zones into a West Germany analogue that also included the Western bits of Austria.

I doubt breaking your own allies apart is a good idea...

Which allies? If you are referring to Basque country, wales, scotland etc that seems more like geographical areas than intended states much as how "Ostpolen" is clearly just a region within the USSR under this plan.

Well, Germany was broken up into 4 anyway following the end of WWII. Presumably under this plan there would be an eventual attempt to unite the occupation zones into a West Germany analogue that also included the Western bits of Austria.

Made more difficult by the French occupation zone in Germany completely separating the American occupation zone in Germany from the British zone in Germany. IOTL it was the Americans and British who were first amenable to the formation of a West German state and helped set the stage for it with Bizonia. It was later that the French joined in to form Trizonia which became a precusor element to West Germany.

Plus here it seems that Roosevelt intended for the occupation zones to spin off a number of states, so that from the 4 occupation zones would come 7 separate states.