President Forever and other 270soft games Megathread

Working on a new scenario, based on the Council of Ephesus, and I'm not sure how to best represent the "political units".

Right now I have 250 "bishop votes" which come equally from five units corresponding to the Pentarchy (Rome, Alexandria, Antioch, Constantinople and Jerusalem). If I do stick with what are essentially electoral votes, I'm not sure what the best way to divide it would be; probably not 250 separate "states" since that's far too unwieldy in terms of setting issues and making them unique. I think I may have to go to a straight popular vote system, unless there's a proportion option or I can find a realistic number below 250 to organize bishops into "states" based on traits or background.

Right now (see screenshot), I have turnout set to 100% with 50 voters in each district, but there are only ever 225 votes in the final election. So, perhaps I will have to set each region's population a little higher to make the popular vote come out to 250 as well. Of course the real Council saw bishops declared heretics and convening opposing councils but I don't think there's a way to have a portion of the electorate erased after the game starts to reflect this, unless there is some sort of event I could add.

It's pretty early in the creation process, but here's a picture anyway:
7ikNs8Q.png

Can someone explain to me how I can utterly dominate a debate, gain 108 news power in a single turn, and still lose votes in several states?

It was in the 1976 election, but now that I think about it I wasn’t running ads very often. How exactly does momentum even work?

Momentum is the amount of energy your campaign has

If your at 45/45 and you have +6 momentum your likely to gain voters and win but if you have negative momentum your likely to lose.

Momentum is the amount of energy your campaign has

If your at 45/45 and you have +6 momentum your likely to gain voters and win but if you have negative momentum your likely to lose.
Well, I understand that, but I don’t really understand what actions gain and lose it at all.

if you overly campaign in a state , or your campaigning on things that people dont care about or get a scandal it can effect you negatively

A fun game running for the Republican nomination as John Connally in 1980. I won a string of early states including Iowa and South Carolina, but my opponents hit me with scandals, and then Baker and Dole surged leading to a brutal four-way fight to the finish with Reagan. I won most of the South but wasn't very competitive elsewhere and didn't think I was a viable nominee until I used all my PIPs to secure Dole's endorsement.

2r7yrdk.png

In the brokered convention, I was lucky that Baker endorsed me over Reagan on the 7th vote:

13zbpte.png

Meanwhile, the Democrats were also tearing each other apart. Both Ted Kennedy and Hugh Carey challenged President Carter for the nomination and swept the primaries between them. An embarassed Carter soon dropped out and endorsed Governor Carey, giving him the edge to win the nomination. Carey chose the young Governor of Florida Bob Graham as his running mate. I chose Bob Dole in recognition of our deal. I hit Carey hard on the budget, energy, and some underhand radio ads on abortion in the South.

4j48lz.png

Fmr. Governor John Connally (R-TX) / Senator Bob Dole (R-KS) - 464 electoral votes / 55%
Governor Hugh Carey (D-NY) / Governor Bob Graham (D-FL) - 74 electoral votes / 45%

1952: I'm With Her
1952 roosevelt.png

Eleanor Roosevelt (Democratic): 332 electoral votes - 52.1% - 42,427,081 votes
Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican): 198 electoral votes - 47.3% - 37,575,424 votes
Vincent Hallinan (Progressive): 0 electoral votes - 0.6% - 494,991 votes

Last edited:
Tried to redownload this game onto my new computer. Get told my subscription expired and doesn't even give me a redownload link at all, even though they specifically said I could keep playing without a subscription. Nice.

Tried to redownload this game onto my new computer. Get told my subscription expired and doesn't even give me a redownload link at all, even though they specifically said I could keep playing without a subscription. Nice.
You have to get a new subscription before you can get the download link. It sucks

1952: I'm With Her

Eleanor Roosevelt (Democratic): 332 electoral votes - 52.1% - 42,427,081 votes
Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican): 198 electoral votes - 47.3% - 37,575,424 votes
Vincent Hallinan (Progressive): 0 electoral votes - 0.6% - 494,991 votes
This gives me a very, very good idea...