The Yankee Dominion: A Map and World Building Project

@Oryxslayer maybe you can help with this but here’s my idea:

Eastern: lot of Cajuns and Anglos along the Gulf coast as well as urban areas. Most liberal part.
Hill country: Rural. Anglo-Hispanic settlers throughout. Kinda Conservative(except for Austin)
Southern: Mostly hispanics. Not a whole lotta immigration but there is some. Swing region.
Trans-Pecos: Similar, although El Paso and Albuquerque are pretty liberal.
Territories: Sparse, almost entirely hispanic, and conservative.

I like it. Also remember if it is a brazi analogy, then there will be left leaning slums. Also, would Austin even be a thing? This Texas I thought got free in the late 19th/early 20th in something similar but much more chaotic then the Mexican civil war.

ST15RM

Banned
I like it. Also remember if it is a brazi analogy, then there will be left leaning slums. Also, would Austin even be a thing? This Texas I thought got free in the late 19th/early 20th in something similar but much more chaotic then the Mexican civil war.
Actually Austin was settled in the 1830s so it would probably still exist.

Going to give you an opportunity to demonstrate that this post isn't straight up trolling and actually has something constructive and on topic to this thread.
I'd pointed out that Alex Jones' views on LGBT stuff wouldn't be extreme in a socially conservative Catholic and Evangelical country, @ST15RM said that it was extreme internationally but not in Texas itself, and I in return posted a humorous musical take on his infamous rant on how chemicals in the water are turning the frogs gay (the video in question has well over five million views, so this isn't some obscure Alt-Right s**tposter I'm linking). Apparently poking fun at controversial figures is taboo in 2018, but hey, what do I know?

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
I'd pointed out that Alex Jones' views on LGBT stuff wouldn't be extreme in a socially conservative Catholic and Evangelical country, @ST15RM said that it was extreme internationally but not in Texas itself, and I in return posted a humorous musical take on his infamous rant on how chemicals in the water are turning the frogs gay (the video in question has well over five million views, so this isn't some obscure Alt-Right s**tposter I'm linking). Apparently poking fun at controversial figures is taboo in 2018, but hey, what do I know?
Put down the martyr card. You threw a bag of mud on the wall and I wanted to know why.

Deal with it.

Why don't we still have the Acadian Expulsion, but instead the Acadians do not assimilate/move on to Louisiana and instead have a Francophone Georgia or South Carolina? They were sent all over the 13 colonies, and only the worst were sent down to those two colonies. What if the British have a different plan, and instead send all off them down to Georgia and South Carolina? Quebec can maintain its angry Francophones, and then Georgia/South Carolina has a modern Cajun/Acadian culture, which Louisiana having post-Expulsion Francophone inhabitants. This spreads French settlers out among a bunch of provinces, and allowing all three of them to have their own political backgrounds and allowing for alt Georgia/South Carolina to be explored in depth.
A couple of other possibilities: send them to Haiti, or back to France.

Gian

Banned
A couple of other possibilities: send them to Haiti, or back to France.

We already decided on them going to the South in general, so you're too late for that. Besides, it was interesting to have a more Francophone South anyway (Though my original preference was to have them stay in the Maritimes and create a trilingual French-English-Gaelic corner in the Northeast, I'm actually fine with what we eventually came up with.)

Last edited:
You miss a lot while on a plane trip. the whole point of the Alex Jones stuff was that he was kinda going to be the "Bolsonaro" of Tejas. Someone who both the conservative Hispanics and pull away some Whites - this led to a discussion of his leading or being a prominent player on the Tejan right.

ST15RM

Banned
You miss a lot while on a plane trip. the whole point of the Alex Jones stuff was that he was kinda going to be the "Bolsonaro" of Tejas. Someone who both the conservative Hispanics and pull away some Whites - this led to a discussion of his leading or being a prominent player on the Tejan right.
That’s what i’m thinking. I do wanna figure out if Tejas is already conservative or if he is an anti establishment candidate after a massive scandal on the left.

However, just a general notice here: anything related to Jones should be on-topic, civil, and from a neutral unbiased POV. I do not want this thread to be buried with memes, banter, bigotry et cetera. I’m doing the mods a favor here, so please just remember this rule and don’t let discussion spin out of control.

We already decided on them going to the South in general, so you're too late for that. Besides, it was interesting to have a more Francophone South anyway (Though my original preference was to have them stay in the Maritimes and create a trilingual French-English-Gaelic corner in the Northeast, I'm actually fine with what we eventually came up with.)
I suspected I might be.;)

ST15RM

Banned
so is Texas Spanish in this timeline? What would be the main metro areas then, San Antonio? TTL Houston?
Yes, although there are still Anglo settlers in the East. The main metros would probably be San Antonio, Santa Anna (TTL Dallas), Houston (name change possible) and the Trans-Pecos region (El Paso, Albuquerque, Santa Fe)

Yes, although there are still Anglo settlers in the East. The main metros would probably be San Antonio, Santa Anna (TTL Dallas), Houston (name change possible) and the Trans-Pecos region (El Paso, Albuquerque, Santa Fe)

Any idea of the population, standard of living, income equity, demographics and religions etc? I'm guessing it would be a rather socially conservative nation?

As a Texan, here's my proposal for the five largest metro areas of Texas:
  1. Béxar-Neubraunfels-Pedernales (5.1 million)
    • Centered on OTL San Antonio, Greater Béxar is the capital of Texas and one of the country's largest economic centers. It also includes Neubraunfels, the center of German settlement in Texas, in its metropolitan area.
  2. Ciudad Buffalo-Galvez-San Leon (3.5 million)
    • Ciudad Buffalo (OTL Houston) is one of the largest centers for Texas's petroleum industry and contains the nation's second-largest port. Galvez (OTL Galveston), south of it, is one of the historically-largest centers of the Texan economy (housing its largest stock exchange, for one) and its high culture, although recent hurricanes have taken a toll on it. Galvez is also a noted resort town, known for its beaches.
  3. Santa Anna de Neches-Lago Ácido-Sabine (3.2 million)
    • Santa Anna de Neches is the largest port in Texas and the largest plurality-Anglo city in it. Its economy is still largely industrial, centered on oil and shipping to a much larger extent than the similar Ciudad Buffalo, which has begun to make the transition to a service economy. Explanations for this divide range from the presence of institutions like the Bolsa de Galvez to investment being discouraged by anti-Anglo bias or the prevalence of labor unions. While Santa Anna de Neches is substantially more working-class and politically left-wing than Ciudad Buffalo (the current leader of the Partido de los Trabajadores, Alison Leland, represents a district in North Santa Anna de Neches), the future of Texas likely belongs to both cities.
  4. Santa Anna de las Llanuras-Ciudad Van Zandt (2.9 million)
    • A major rail hub and inland port, Santa Anna de las Llanuras (OTL Dallas) grew as a center of Texas's beef industry and developed into the Air Capital of Texas almost by accident. Its sister city, Ciudad Van Zandt (OTL Denison) on the Rio Fronterizo (OTL Red River of the South), is mostly known for forming half of the Texansas conurbation with cities across the river like Ardmore.
  5. San Elizario-Las Cruces (1.8 million)
    • San Elizario, one of Texas's oldest cities, is experiencing a boom period at the moment. Once a quiet border town known only for a branch of the National University of Texas, it has become the Silicon Mountains, Texas's answer to the Silicon Coast in the Pacific Northwest. With former CEO of Foss Tecnologías Beto O'Rourke winning the 2018 presidential election, it does not appear that that boom period will be ending any time soon.

• Centered on OTL San Antonio, Greater Béxar is the capital of Texas and one of the country's largest economic centers. It also includes Neubraunfels, the center of German settlement in Texas, in its metropolitan area.
    • Ciudad Buffalo (OTL Houston) is one of the largest centers for Texas's petroleum industry and contains the nation's second-largest port. Galvez (OTL Galveston), south of it, is one of the historically-largest centers of the Texan economy (housing its largest stock exchange, for one) and its high culture, although recent hurricanes have taken a toll on it. Galvez is also a noted resort town, known for its beaches.
    • Santa Anna de Neches is the largest port in Texas and the largest plurality-Anglo city in it. Its economy is still largely industrial, centered on oil and shipping to a much larger extent than the similar Ciudad Buffalo, which has begun to make the transition to a service economy. Explanations for this divide range from the presence of institutions like the Bolsa de Galvez to investment being discouraged by anti-Anglo bias or the prevalence of labor unions. While Santa Anna de Neches is substantially more working-class and politically left-wing than Ciudad Buffalo (the current leader of the Partido de los Trabajadores, Alison Leland, represents a district in North Santa Anna de Neches), the future of Texas likely belongs to both cities.
    • A major rail hub and inland port, Santa Anna de las Llanuras (OTL Dallas) grew as a center of Texas's beef industry and developed into the Air Capital of Texas almost by accident. Its sister city, Ciudad Van Zandt (OTL Denison) on the Rio Fronterizo (OTL Red River of the South), is mostly known for forming half of the Texansas conurbation with cities across the river like Ardmore.
    • San Elizario, one of Texas's oldest cities, is experiencing a boom period at the moment. Once a quiet border town known only for a branch of the National University of Texas, it has become the Silicon Mountains, Texas's answer to the Silicon Coast in the Pacific Northwest. With former CEO of Foss Tecnologías Beto O'Rourke winning the 2018 presidential election, it does not appear that that boom period will be ending any time soon.
Where is Santa Anna de Neches-Lago Ácido-Sabine?

ST15RM

Banned
The plan is that Tejas would be a brazil analog, and that the 2018 election would be won by none other than alex jones (bolsonaro analog). maybe have O'Rourke win the previous election.
Where is Santa Anna de Neches-Lago Ácido-Sabine?
OTL Port Arthur

ST15RM

Banned
If you’re looking for a Texas Lula equivalent, how about Jim Hightower?
good idea.

and now for something completely different....

Hey @Oryxslayer I had this idea floating in my head. Perhaps, during the chaotic transition from oligarchy to federal democracy, the Central asian states (kazakhstan, khiva, bukhara and kokand) break away from the rest of Russia. Because of that, the new government gives indigenous minorities autonomy.
upload_2018-12-24_11-12-52.png

the end result.

good idea.

and now for something completely different....

Hey @Oryxslayer I had this idea floating in my head. Perhaps, during the chaotic transition from oligarchy to federal democracy, the Central asian states (kazakhstan, khiva, bukhara and kokand) break away from the rest of Russia. Because of that, the new government gives indigenous minorities autonomy.
View attachment 428112
the end result.

Maybe reduce the size of the Kazakh state a bit for reasons. Reasons that come from the barrel of a gun and the forced resettlement program.