List of Alternate Monarchs and Aristocratic Lineage

OOC: I decided to do a Kingdom of America that starts later than Washington, I tried it as a ruler game a while back but it died, so I took my original post and expanded it on my own. Tell me what you think.

Kings of the United Kingdom of America
1815 - 1843: Augustus Frederick I (House of Hannover) [1]
1843 - 1881: Augustus I (House of Hannover) [2]
1881 - 1902: Augustus Frederick II (House of Hannover) [3]
1902 - 1929: Clementine (House of Hannover) [4]
1929 - 1950: Alexander (House of Romanov) [5]
1950 - Present: Augustus II (House of Romanov) [6]

I like this, although, I admit it would've been as much fun to see the duke of Sussex's son by Lady Augusta Murray become king with the royal house of America being "d'Este" (;)), or die before the throne of MS, and because he's heir to the throne, the disease becomes better known/better understood much earlier than it was OTL (if at all possible). But an interesting idea, all the same,

In 1814, Prince William Frederick, The Hereditary Prince of Orange was engaged to Princess Charlotte of Wales, only daughter of the Prince Regent, later George IV of the United Kingdom and his estranged wife Caroline of Brunswick. The engagement was arranged by the Prince Regent. What if the marriage went through.

William II of the Netherlands, I of Belgium and Regent of the United Kingdom (6/12/1792–17/3/1849) m. 1816, Princess Charlotte of Wales (7 January 1796 – 6 November 1817)
George V of the United Kingdom, I of the Netherlands and of Belgium (6 November 1817-10 October 1893) m. 1840, Princess Marie of Hesse and by Rhine (8 August 1824 – 3 June 1880)
Charlotte, Princess Royal (30 August 1842-10 July 1809)
Prince William of Wales (20/9/1843-24/4/1865) m. Alexandra of Denmark (1/12/1844–20/11/1925)
George VI of the United Kingdom, II of the Netherlands and Belgium (10/3/1845-1/11/1894)
Prince Frederick, Duke of Clarence and St Andrews (22/4/1847-17/2/1909)
Prince Henry of (14/1/1850-14/11/1908)
Princess Mary (17/10/1853-20/10/1920)
Prince Edward, Duke of Sussex (11/5/1857-17/1/1905)
Prince Louis, Duke of Kent and Strathearn (3/10/1860-24/1/1919)​

Last edited:
In 1814, Prince William Frederick, The Hereditary Prince of Orange was engaged to Princess Charlotte of Wales, only daughter of the Prince Regent, later George IV of the United Kingdom and his estranged wife Caroline of Brunswick. The engagement was arranged by the Prince Regent. What if the marriage went through.

William II of the Netherlands, I of Belgium and Regent of the United Kingdom (6/12/1792–17/3/1849) m. 1816, Princess Charlotte of Wales (7 January 1796 – 6 November 1817)
George V of the United Kingdom, I of the Netherlands and of Belgium (6 November 1817-10 October 1893) m. 1840, Princess Marie of Hesse and by Rhine (8 August 1824 – 3 June 1880)
Charlotte, Princess Royal (30 August 1842-10 July 1809)
Prince William of Wales (20/9/1843-24/4/1865) m. Alexandra of Denmark (1/12/1844–20/11/1925)
George VI of the United Kingdom, II of the Netherlands and Belgium (10/3/1845-1/11/1894)
Prince Frederick, Duke of Clarence and St Andrews (22/4/1847-17/2/1909)
Prince Henry of (14/1/1850-14/11/1908)
Princess Mary (17/10/1853-20/10/1920)
Prince Edward, Duke of Sussex (11/5/1857-17/1/1905)
Prince Louis, Duke of Kent and Strathearn (3/10/1860-24/1/1919)​
Marie of Hesse and by Rhine is the OTL wife of Alexander II of Russia? You will do better to change the bride if is her because she was barely suitable as was almost surely illegitimate and her OTL match was a love match who happened in very specific circumstances not easy to replicate. I think William II and George IV will arrange a suitable match for the younger George with a princess of impeccable birth and reputation instead

Marie of Hesse and by Rhine is the OTL wife of Alexander II of Russia? You will do better to change the bride if is her because she was barely suitable as was almost surely illegitimate and her OTL match was a love match who happened in very specific circumstances not easy to replicate. I think William II and George IV will arrange a suitable match for the younger George with a princess of impeccable birth and reputation instead

Or @Jonathan can simply say that TTL Marie of Hesse the daughter of Ludwig III by an alt-wife, rather than his OTL (half-)sister. OTL Ludwig only married in 1833. If he were to marry earlier to someone else (who was born closer to him in age) there's no reason why he can't father a daughter at 18yo (1824).

I like this, although, I admit it would've been as much fun to see the duke of Sussex's son by Lady Augusta Murray become king with the royal house of America being "d'Este" (;)), or die before the throne of MS, and because he's heir to the throne, the disease becomes better known/better understood much earlier than it was OTL (if at all possible). But an interesting idea, all the same,

I considered it but considering the marriage was deemed illegal and null in Great Britain I decided that Augustus Frederick would decide against that due to not wanting a succession crisis in a fledgling monarchy that, at the time, could easily have fallen apart.

I considered it but considering the marriage was deemed illegal and null in Great Britain I decided that Augustus Frederick would decide against that due to not wanting a succession crisis in a fledgling monarchy that, at the time, could easily have fallen apart.

I could actually see the Americans wanting Sussex for that very reason, namely that his kids wouldn't be in the British succession - and so, avoid any resulting messy personal unions of a Transatlantic empire. Plus he's got a (nearly) adult heir by 1815, whereas if he only marries a princess (who could theoretically just as easily be married to d'Este), he needs to start from scratch.

But I could see your point as well.

Who would be an impeccable princes. None from Prussia.
The only one high up was Sophie of Württemberg

I would've thought my suggestion was easier. Oh well.

What about a princess from Kassel? Sister to the future queen of Denmark? Sophie/Marie of Württemberg were courted by his cousin, Karl III of Brunswick, and Wilhelm refused because he didn't approve of Karl (but also because he remembered the bad odour his mother (Karoline of Brunswick's sister) had left in the family). IIRC his stepmother (Charlotte of Hannover) was close to his younger brother, Paul, but ICR what their relationship was like.

What about Alexandrine of Baden? Alexander II's rejected bride? (I'd suggest her niece (the OTL duchess of Hamilton) but I think Wellington (and the rest of his party) would have a fit at the thought of a relative of Napoléon being queen of Great Britain)

Your suggestion was easier. Especially if we marry Louis II (26 December 1777 – 16 June 1848) off to Princess Sophia of the United Kingdom (3 November 1777 – 27 May 1848)

Just though I’d open it up to an alternative suggestion.

I could actually see the Americans wanting Sussex for that very reason, namely that his kids wouldn't be in the British succession - and so, avoid any resulting messy personal unions of a Transatlantic empire. Plus he's got a (nearly) adult heir by 1815, whereas if he only marries a princess (who could theoretically just as easily be married to d'Este), he needs to start from scratch.

But I could see your point as well.

Maybe I'll do an alt-list based off of the d'Estes as Sussex's heirs to the American throne... :D

What about a princess from Kassel? Sister to the future queen of Denmark? Sophie/Marie of Württemberg were courted by his cousin, Karl III of Brunswick, and Wilhelm refused because he didn't approve of Karl (but also because he remembered the bad odour his mother (Karoline of Brunswick's sister) had left in the family). IIRC his stepmother (Charlotte of Hannover) was close to his younger brother, Paul, but ICR what their relationship was like.

What about Alexandrine of Baden? Alexander II's rejected bride? (I'd suggest her niece (the OTL duchess of Hamilton) but I think Wellington (and the rest of his party) would have a fit at the thought of a relative of Napoléon being queen of Great Britain)
Your suggestion was easier. Especially if we marry Louis II (26 December 1777 – 16 June 1848) off to Princess Sophia of the United Kingdom (3 November 1777 – 27 May 1848)

Just though I’d open it up to an alternative suggestion.
Make Marie a year younger and would be better (maybe with another name), or Alexandrine of Baden would be also good.
Marie Amelie of Baden was not related to Napoleon (I) by blood but still is a match who would not be seen much well in England (and she was a third cousin of Napoleon III)

VVD0D95

Banned
In 1660, Charles, Duke of Cambridge, son of James, Duke of York and Anne Hyde is born and survives through his illness, two years later his uncle and aunt the King Charles and Queen Catherine have a daughter named Catherine in honour of her mother. The two grow up quite close to one another, and in a desire to keep the House of Stuart firmly on the throne, Charles II arranges a marriage between his daughter and nephew, with the marriage taking place in 1680. Following his death in 1685, Catherine would ascend the throne as Catherine I, and in a desire to have her husband on a similar rank she would raise him to the status of King Consort.

Charles II (b.1630:d.1685) m Catherine of Braganza (b.1638:d.1701)

Issue: Catherine I (b.1662)

Catherine I of England, Scotland and Ireland married Charles, Duke of Cambridge (b.1660) and had issue:

Catherine Henrietta (b.1680)

Charles IV (b.1682)

James (b.1684)

Anne (b.1688)

William (b.1690)

VVD0D95

Banned
In 1660, Charles, Duke of Cambridge, son of James, Duke of York and Anne Hyde is born and survives through his illness, two years later his uncle and aunt the King Charles and Queen Catherine have a daughter named Catherine in honour of her mother. The two grow up quite close to one another, and in a desire to keep the House of Stuart firmly on the throne, Charles II arranges a marriage between his daughter and nephew, with the marriage taking place in 1680. Following his death in 1685, Catherine would ascend the throne as Catherine I, and in a desire to have her husband on a similar rank she would raise him to the status of King Consort.

Catherine I of England, Scotland and Ireland married Charles, Duke of Cambridge (b.1660) and had issue:

Charles IV (b.1682)

James (b.1684)

Anne (b.1688)

William (b.1690)

Debating whether to make this into a full fledged timeline or not

Charles IV (b.1682)

James (b.1684)

Anne (b.1688)

William (b.1690)
Would the POD result in England keeping Tangier?