Return of Horrible Educational Maps

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
I feel jealous for Longtail now. I mean this thread did to my eyes what the IJA did to the Chinese or the SS did to the Jews.
There is a Bridge too far and then there is a country too far; this post, however is a planetary orbit too far.

Kicked for a week.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
51OHxxygTNL.jpg

Man whoever made this cover really needs to learn where both America and England are. I bet this alternate history is just amateurish judging from the cover.

(I'm kidding, please don't ban me Calbear. I actually loved reading your timeline)
We snuck up on them over the Pole.

We snuck up on them over the Pole.
It is a shame about the need to use that kinda ugly cross in the middle instead of a Swastika due to those anti-Swastika laws. Speaking of flags, did the US still only have forty eight states when the invasion went on? And did the flag for the United Kingdom change later on? On a side note, it seems that the full name of the United Kingdom of Great Britain, Northern Ireland, Brittany, Normandy, and Calais-Picardy isn't in your stoey thread, though it is on the Munro map. Did the Channel Islands get added to England or Normandy once liberated from the Germans? And more importantly, how long since a thread is last updated or written in by an author do you think it is still polite or allowable to post comments in? I was wondering about posting a comment in When You Wish Upon a Star (the World of Laughter sequel) to ask the person if they would post any of their unfinished notes, but I am unsure if it would be seen as rude.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
It is a shame about the need to use that kinda ugly cross in the middle instead of a Swastika due to those anti-Swastika laws. Speaking of flags, did the US still only have forty eight states when the invasion went on? And did the flag for the United Kingdom change later on? On a side note, it seems that the full name of the United Kingdom of Great Britain, Northern Ireland, Brittany, Normandy, and Calais-Picardy isn't in your stoey thread, though it is on the Munro map. Did the Channel Islands get added to England or Normandy once liberated from the Germans? And more importantly, how long since a thread is last updated or written in by an author do you think it is still polite or allowable to post comments in? I was wondering about posting a comment in When You Wish Upon a Star (the World of Laughter sequel) to ask the person if they would post any of their unfinished notes, but I am unsure if it would be seen as rude.
I didn't design the cover (hell, I can't draw a straight line with a ruler) but I know the anti-Nazi symbol laws were a major factor. The addition of the Channel provinces was post war event while the Channel Islands retain their unique relationship to the Crown.

As far as discussing in the thread a lot depends on of the writer is still responding to questions/comments. The AANW thread is still (to me) remarkably active so responses/questions there are fine. You would need to gauge the activity of any other thread to decide the merits of posting in it.

Okay its a map about the legality of Pot and The Netherlands is missing!?
presumably, Holland just didn't show up to the mapmaking session and no one knows where they are :p

i actually hadn't noticed that the Netherlands were missing--what i'd noticed first (after Spain) was that Ecuador is missing, too